Did your Electric bill this month double?

Fred Ziffel

20 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

No, still around 350 Baht for a house with two people.

Lucky you! Condo, 2 people as well. Two A/C (only daytime) + electric oven, usual bill 2000, this month 2700…

We'll let me highjack this tread, I am not in LOS now (have been for a while) my bill has been zero for 18 months now, because the government subsidised because of Covid 19. But apart from that my normal bill is about 1000 baht for 2 months (yes, I am a pensioner) and the government pays some of my bill, In Thailand I used to pay about 1500 baht per month. Yes I do realize electricity costs are high at the eastern seaboard, but I live in the west. So why is the electricity so high in Thailand?

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, gargamon said:

You need to realize a lot of people on here sold everything they own to come to Thailand. Now that they are here they are living here, they are on a tight budget essentially living paycheck (or retirement) to paycheck. So yes, $50 can make a big difference in those cases. 

maybe he is bored with the tales of woe already, I know I am.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, bslmh said:

Lucky you! Condo, 2 people as well. Two A/C (only daytime) + electric oven, usual bill 2000, this month 2700…

Similar for me. 2170 (March 20 bill), 2970 (April 19 bill). 2 refrigerators, 2 aircons working most of the day/night, plus some extra aircon units I don't normally use much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Double compared to what?

It is April.

Hottest month of the year. A/C's clunking big time.

Some central provinces into 4th, 5th or 6+ weeks of 40+ degrees every day.

Not unusual. My neighbour says "Fierce!"

Cement/bricks retain heat.

Gunna start up a "Go Fund Me" page.????????

Good luck with that. Cannot in or from Thailand. I tried to get help for funding of my missus's cancer treatment. Some one has to do it in acceptable country and they need to manage it as you cannot access from Thailand.