Did your Electric bill this month double?

Fred Ziffel

9 minutes ago, ricklev said:

https://www.mea.or.th/en/aboutelectric/116/280/form/11    Interesting to play around with to see the progressive rates, etc.

Most normal house holds fall under 1.2 (or type 1125 as listed on your Bill)

Edit: You could also look at your electricity meter (if you have the spinning wheel (older type) and NOT the electronic meter)

If it says 5/15 you fall under 1.1 (which is type 1115)

If it says 15/45 or 30/100 then you fall under 1.2 (which is type 1125)

Edited by MJCM

All time record.

I should add that part of the peak is due to the fact that the granddaughter is here for a whole month. She wastes a lot of power and water.

So we are four in a two storey house. Upper floor is an oven. Never had so much AC running in 11 years.

There is no unexpected rise per unit. Compared to previous months we have overshot the highest scale of 400 units (704 units used).

I hope this will settle????   

4291.60 Baht for 704 units.

That's 6.1 Baht/unit.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Screenshot_20230423_084025.jpg

Screenshot_20230423_084033.jpg

As far as I can see, previous months you stayed under the 300 Units per month on average, and with that you got a discount on the Ft Rate (Fuel Surcharge) going over those 300 Units per month the discount stopped.

• Love It 1

13 minutes ago, MJCM said:

with that you got a discount on the Ft Rate

Another knee shot.

Our meter was previously connected to an abandoned shop house and has just been swapped "without bureaucracy". So I didn't see a discount and was too lazy to cart my Thais to the PEA office to bring things in order.

Edited by KhunBENQ

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

There is no unexpected rise per unit. Compared to previous months we have overshot the highest scale of 400 units (704 units used).

As far as I can see, previous months you stayed under the 300 Units per month on average, and with that you got a discount on the Ft Rate (Fuel Surcharge) going over those 300 Units per month the discount stopped.

Is it 300 or 400 units to get discount please? 

I went over the 300 units last month, because they came to read the meter on 19th instead of 17th.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

All time record.

I should add that part of the peak is due to the fact that the granddaughter is here for a whole month. She wastes a lot of power and water.

So we are four in a two storey house. Upper floor is an oven. Never had so much AC running in 11 years.

4291.60 Baht for 704 units.

That's 6.1 Baht/unit.

There is something wrong with that calculation. Looking at the MEA site for 704 Units you should have paid around 3,819.13 THB.

Can you have a look at your PEA/MEA bill and see what it says under TYPE? (Is near the meter reading date)

This calculator I used: https://www.mea.or.th/en/aboutelectric/116/280/form/12

Just now, KannikaP said:

Is it 300 or 400 units to get discount please? 

I went over the 300 units last month, because they came to read the meter on 19th instead of 17th.

Who are you quoting and expecting to answer?

26 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That’s what happened to me :

A increase in units used , 212 to 362 =  70.75% increase.

An increase in price, 887.66 baht to 1,867.30 = 110.36% increase.

On the cheaper bill ( 212 units ) the FT surcharge was reduced by 72%
No reduction on the 362 units used.

Hence once you get past the reduction limit, 300 units ??, the cost rises rapidly.

Good incentive to save electricity I guess.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Was afraid so. I will carefully try to move wife/daughter.

????

One thing (maybe helps or not) but when we bought the property next door, we wanted to change the name on the PEA Bill to my wife's, PEA advised us then to NOT change the name, but get a new meter which is a lot easier to do. Maybe that works the same in your case.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Hence once you get past the reduction limit, 300 units ??, the cost rises rapidly.

Yep the FT for usages under 300 units is discounted from 0,9343 THB per unit to ONLY 0,26388 THB per unit. (it was even lower in For example Jan-Feb period (0,01393 THB))

But please DO Note. this was for months prior, can't say what is going to happen in the period April -May and further on

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Your quotes are all over the place

But to answer your question, less then 300 Units will get the discount, but for how LONG that is not sure.

Sorry about the quotes, but it can get difficult when trying to answer/quote two different members

14 minutes ago, transam said:

My usage is usually in the mid 300's, but this month 407, the bill is 1,999.70bht, so not too bad......????

I pity bungalow dwellers, with the A/C doing overtime..... ????

384 units cost me Bht 1988 this last month. Confusing eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry about the quotes, but it can get difficult when trying to answer/quote two different members

Just start typing your post, then go to post you want to quote, select the text with your mouse and then press "Quote Selection"

It will then show up in your post you are typing.

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

384 units cost me Bht 1988 this last month. Confusing eh?

Correct  amount.

0 - 150 units = 487.26 THB

151- 384 units = 987.90 THB

Service Charge 24.82 THB

VAT 7% = 130.11 THB

Ft (Fuel Surcharge) = 358.77 THB (if you would have stayed under 300 units this would be significantly (as @Andrew Dwyer calculated) 72% lower

Total 1988,65 THB

35 minutes ago, transam said:

My usage is usually in the mid 300's, but this month 407, the bill is 1,999.70bht, so not too bad......????

What is the type listed on the PEA / BILL? If you are 1125 then you would have paid 2,117.04 THB

12 hours ago, Fred Ziffel said:

normal electric bill is about 1000

this month jumped to over 2200 B

Any one else have such an increase? Thanks

No, last month bill, 19th, was 1845.22, this month 2369.22.

In April 2021 the bill was 2333.97 about the same as this month and in June 2021 it was 2411.62. 

Bearing in mind the rise in unit cost, 2021 may have been warmer than now.

My bill went up about 1000 Baht or so to just under 5000. I'll gladly pay that and more as long as the power stays on. I think having brownouts or low voltage as the lights are dimming up and down for the past hour. Nobody using a welder either.