Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

george

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was an accident. i saw the farang on tv who pulled him out. he is an expert and he said that he was in shock, etc, not faking it.

so what do you want exactly? let him get on with his life.

The two of us are walking down the street. You brush against me. A few words are traded, and then i walk over and punch you in the face (i'll let you off here- unlike the real people, you dont die). And then I go into "shock". A little investigation reveals i've seen "doctors" for mental problems 3 times recently. But, lucky me, according to you, its an accident and i should just be allowed to get on with my life. :o:D:D

this was an accident. i saw the farang on tv who pulled him out. he is an expert and he said that he was in shock, etc, not faking it.

I guess he was in shock. By the time the paramedics arrived the crowd who witnessed his earlier behavior had attacked his car and made him fear for his life. It wasn't supposed to be like that. People should have simply accepted he comes from a better class and thanked him for his attack. After all he has a right by birth to physically harm people who don't comply with his every wish.

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

and this farang was a fully qualified physician capable of making a snap diagnosis and full assessment on the spot? :D

sorry, but not buying it.... :o

its not premeditated murder - its manslaughter - its a crime nonetheless... :o

So you have had a chance to chat with this fellow since the accident, and determine what was in his mind (ie his intent) just before he ploughed into the bus passengers?

I hope you have passed this evidence onto the police. I am sure they would love to take a witness statement from you.

Nearly two months ago, it was sorted that anyone intentionally driving up onto a sidewalk in order ram trapped pedestrians with no where to go with a 5,190 pound death missle was certainly entitled to be charged with premeditated murder....

Any information on what model of Mercedes that was involved?

I'd be interested in knowing just what the gross weight of this deadly missle was...

I've tried to look for the info in various Thai websites, but it has not been mentioned anywhere. :D

I've only found a pic posted on a well-known Thai webboard.

post-7865-1183896945_thumb.jpg

Thank you....

any Mercedes experts out there that can identify this model?

from the news reports the plate number on it is "6699" :o

looks like an e220 cdi :D

Thank you for that. :D

The Mercedes E220 CDI weighs in at 5,190 pounds..... quite the deadly missle when it comes to rest sitting on someone's chest or pelvis.

So you have had a chance to chat with this fellow since the accident, and determine what was in his mind (ie his intent) just before he ploughed into the bus passengers?

I hope you have passed this evidence onto the police. I am sure they would love to take a witness statement from you.

thanks for your failed attempt at sarcasm...but..

isn't reckless driving causing death termed as "manslaughter"? :D

Not if he intended to kill or seriously injure someone - that's murder. Hence my point above. :D

Not if he intended to kill or seriously injure someone - that's murder. Hence my point above. :D

there are 2 types of manslaughter - voluntary and involuntary - both are criminal offences - look it up...? :D

there are 2 types of manslaughter - voluntary and involuntary - both are criminal offences - look it up...? :D

Depends where you come from. In my case, there is no such offence as involuntary manslaughter, nor premeditated murder for that case.

If you kill someone, having formed the intention to do so, or to cause them serious injury, it is murder.

Who knows in Thailand.

Suggest we declare a truce :o

even in the USA, it would be hard to press charges against him. whether he was initially in shock or he purposely murdered these people is unprovable. you need motive, and even if he was upset, it is hard to believe that he intentionally killed these people. Does he have a history of this type of severe reckless violence? No, but he does have a medical history. he should not have been given a license, that is the true crime.

in the USA, with a good lawyer, he is not going to jail.

He assaulted a bus driver BEFORE jumping back into a car and ramming it into pedestrians. It wasn't an accident, like if you breaks fail, or reckless driving when you drive on the wrong side of the road.

I can't think of any reason rather than murder if you jump into a car and drive it into a crowd.

It's up to the courts, but about a year ago a guy in Korat was sentenced to death (or life in prison, I don't remember) for driving his car through the market and killing several people.

An expert in what percisely - Forensic Psychiatry?

The fact that you are suggesting that he was able to comprehend his actions immediatley after the "accident" pretty much blows out of the water his defence that he was suffering from a Mental Illness. His shock was more likely in response to the fact that after he had deliberatley driven his car into those people, he realised that he had killed someone and that he was about to get a serious pasting from onlookers.

Any chance of tangible justice in this case was meted out by the crowd when they gave him a (light) beating at the scene of his tantrum. Once this disappears into the courts system, you can forget about it... :o

Other notable offspring of the hi-so vermin at the top of the pile have shot policemen through the head in front of a large hall of people and walked away. Don't hold your breath in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

From Nation 15/09/07

Police to wrap up Benz probe

Police will soon close the investigation into the controversial case in which a son of former beauty queen Sawinee Pakaranang slammed his car into a crowded bus stop killing a woman and injuring several others. The prosecution will start before the end of September, Thong Lor police said yesterday.

Chief investigator Pol Lt Colonel Yannawut Liamkaew said a negotiation scheduled yesterday between three people who were also injured in the incident, and the parents of Kanpitak Patchaisawas over compensation, was postponed to September 27, after both sides said they were not ready. The officer said the police investigation report could continue and be completed regardless of the results on the civil compensation agreements between both sides.

Kanpitak was seen deliberately driving into a crowded bus stop after having a fistfight with driver and fare collector of a city bus after both vehicles involved in a road accident in July.

The Nation

I'll respond.

Yes you corrupt guanxi rich pr+ck. We'll all be watching. No one will forget this. Stall as long as you like...no one will forget this outrage. And it WILL be covered in the news..no matter how many pleebs you pay off. It's beyond your control now. If your kid doesn't go to prison, people will be throwing rocks at your house - at the very least.

Edited by thaigene2

I'll respond.

Yes you corrupt guanxi rich pr+ck. We'll all be watching. No one will forget this. Stall as long as you like...no one will forget this outrage. And it WILL be covered in the news..no matter how many pleebs you pay off. It's beyond your control now. If your kid doesn't go to prison, people will be throwing rocks at your house - at the very least.

They could expect more people to rush in than your average PTV rally. :o

An expert in what percisely - Forensic Psychiatry?

The fact that you are suggesting that he was able to comprehend his actions immediatley after the "accident" pretty much blows out of the water his defence that he was suffering from a Mental Illness. His shock was more likely in response to the fact that after he had deliberatley driven his car into those people, he realised that he had killed someone and that he was about to get a serious pasting from onlookers.

Don't respond to that. This looks like a spin-doctor response. The handle gives it away to me actually. Daddy is probably bringing in the 'hired help'.

I'll respond.

They could expect more people to rush in than your average PTV rally. :o

Don't know much about them. But surely you'd agree the stone-throwers at rich daddy's house would have a bit more conviction and GUTS than the yellow-shirt brigade (like they were the only 'loyal' ones?) at the PAD rallies whining about the fact they lost their 10% "I'm-a-senior-bureaucrat" commission?!? Where's me puke bucket, mate?...

Though I don't agree with Mr Toad's contribution, I've always assumed the Id comes from Wind in the Willows, which may just prove my naivety.

Regards

I was referring to 'bangkoksingapore' not mr toad

Oops now I'm naive and need glasses, apologies all round.

Regards

PS I was disagreeing with bangkoksingapore.... I'll go and lie down now.

Edited by A_Traveller

• 3 weeks later...
Though I don't agree with Mr Toad's contribution, I've always assumed the Id comes from Wind in the Willows, which may just prove my naivety.

Regards

I was referring to 'bangkoksingapore' not mr toad

Oops now I'm naive and need glasses, apologies all round.

Regards

PS I was disagreeing with bangkoksingapore.... I'll go and lie down now.

any update on the issue folks?

or is it already wiped under the carpet?

sure not hope so.

this pr..k needs off the streets and locked up, no matter what