Mother heartbroken after son returns to Thailand for 3 days, only to be found dead

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo via Thailand Post.

by Samantha Rose

A young man from Thailand‘s northeast Udon Thani province, who had returned from working in Israel only three days prior, mysteriously disappeared and was later found drowned in a nearby pond. His mother is now heartbroken.

The young man, identified as Thanom, from Chai Wan district, had gone missing from his home since early morning. Concerned villagers searched all day, unable to find him. The family resorted to consulting a spiritual medium for guidance. It was only then that his body was discovered in a neighbour’s pond around 5pm. Villagers said they were shocked when they saw someone resembling Thanom walking nearby, only to find his lifeless body floating in the water. They became convinced his spirit was alerting them to his whereabouts.

Today (22nd April), it was reported that the parents had informed Chai Wan police station about their missing son, Thanom. Despite the day-long search conducted by villagers, he remained missing. The parents, worried about their son’s safety, sought assistance from the medium who recommended conducting a ritual to appease powerful spirits before they could reunite with their son.

The mother revealed that Thanom, her eldest child, had recently returned from working in Israel. After only three days at home, he suddenly disappeared in the early hours of the day, leaving no trace. Neither the parents nor the other villagers could find him despite their efforts.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/north-east/mother-heartbroken-as-son-returns-to-thailand-for-3-days-only-to-be-found-dead-in-swimming-pool-locals-report-last-seeing-him-alive

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

first of all i'm sincerely sad for the deceased -RIP- and his mother.

second, i'm very skeptical about the intervention of the spirits to find the body. the spirits should have prevented the death to begin with, as far as i'm concerned

Unless they were evil spirits?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The family resorted to consulting a spiritual medium for guidance. It was only then that his body was discovered in a neighbour’s pond around 5pm.

Yeah, some people believe in a man that walks on the water or know how to turn blood in wine ...

Luckely, Thai people don't believe in such things ....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Villagers said they were shocked when they saw someone resembling Thanom walking nearby, only to find his lifeless body floating in the water. They became convinced his spirit was alerting them to his whereabouts.

Or his murderer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Yeah, some people believe in a man that walks on the water or know how to turn blood in wine ...

Luckely, Thai people don't believe in such things ....

Well, there is certainly more mumbo jumbo in poorer countries. My wife is a well educated school teacher but still believe in ghosts in the woods

This is a sad situation. R.I.P. Thanom.  I am very sad for the family.

(We had a nephew come back from Israel a couple of years ago. He was flush and so happy to be home. Buying drinks, etc. for everybody. Lucky he didn't end up in a pond).