Biden team works to finalize reelection plans as polls show tepid support for a 2024 bid

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Something of an aberration though

Finally, President Roosevelt was elected four times to the Presidency. He kept his initial VP, John Garner, for the full first two terms, despite open legislative warfare between the two from '37 on, following FDR's court-packing debacle. It was only for the third and fourth terms that the VP shifted, once because Garner became untenable in the position, and once when the succession became paramount to the Democratic Party leaders.

55 minutes ago, candide said:

Interestingly enough, while the aggregation of polls give similar preference for Biden and Trump (43% vs 42.9%), numbers are quite different for the electoral college.

https://www.racetothewh.com/president/polls?utm_content=cmp-true

Screenshot_20230425-144501.png

Interesting map. I see a lot of flippable states there IF Trump doesn't run.  And especially if Biden does.

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Giving away free stuff to those who don't contribute much to the economy, weaponizing the IRS. If I was living off the Gov. I'd like ole joe also.

Even Murdoch's NYP is not confused about who was really "weaponizing the IRS".

"Former President Donald Trump attempted to weaponize the Internal Revenue Service and repeatedly asked his former chief of staff to have the agency investigate his political opponents, a new report found".

Trump sought to have political opponents investigated by IRS: report (nypost.com)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Giving away free stuff to those who don't contribute much to the economy, weaponizing the IRS. If I was living off the Gov. I'd like ole joe also.

What would you recommend? Let them starve? Inability to pay your medical insurance is one cancer diagnosis away or one head injury accident. Or maybe your kid might be born with an intellectual disability and when you pass he'll need the welfare state.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Interesting map. I see a lot of flippable states there IF Trump doesn't run.  And especially if Biden does.

You may be right, and we are still not in 2024 anyway. However, if I remember well, DeSantis was not scoring better than Trump against Biden in polls. I will check it later when I have more time.

• Like 1

All the boomer dinosaurs need to retire and hand the reins of power to the next generations of kids.  Gen X and Millennials need to be handed the reins.  Speaking as a "boomer." 

• Haha 1

Biden aide gaffe leads to campaign clarification

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65394456

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre has clarified President Joe Biden's re-election plans after a comment she made sparked confusion.

Hours after Mr Biden formally launched his campaign for a second four-year term in office she refused to say if he planned to complete the entire term.

"That's something for him to decide," she said at a briefing. Mr Biden, 80, is the oldest president in US history.

She later clarified that he would serve another full term in office if he wins.

The spokeswoman's embarrassing about-face came only hours after Mr Biden officially announced he was running again in a pre-recorded video.

"Does the president plan to serve all eight years?" a reporter for Politico asked at a White House briefing on Tuesday.

"That's something for him to decide," she began.

11 hours ago, connda said:

All the boomer dinosaurs need to retire and hand the reins of power to the next generations of kids.  Gen X and Millennials need to be handed the reins.  Speaking as a "boomer." 

Where will you find qualified Gen X and Millennials? It is fine to hand it over, but do any of them have the skills or qualifications to actually run the country?

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course Harris stays.

She is like a bad smell that Joe can't get rid of. This team of dumb and dumber won't even last 2 more years RFK Jr is coming up fast in this horse race. Maybe his running mate might be Don Lemon?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

She is like a bad smell that Joe can't get rid of. This team of dumb and dumber won't even last 2 more years RFK Jr is coming up fast in this horse race. Maybe his running mate might be Don Lemon?

Kennedy is rising?

Dude, there won't even be democratic party primary debates.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Kennedy is rising?

Dude, there won't even be democratic party primary debates.

No debates? Gee, I wonder why....perhaps because ol' Joe would embarass himself?  Find it hard to answer spontaneous questions?  No wonder he has had the least access to the press (particularly press conferences) of any president in modern history. 

Harris has two big advantages in the Heirarchy of Diversity. If only she were a lesbian , she would win the trifecta.  Hence, hard to get rid of.

• Love It 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:30 AM, placeholder said:

Thanks for sharing with us the conspiracy theory that his strings were pulled. Got any actual evidence so support that? Even you had to admit that a lot got accomplished during his first 2 years. Most of it very popular with American electorate.

Joe must be extra confident, especially when 70% of Americans don't want him back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/04/25/biden-trump-old-news-president-2024/11727116002/

• Love It 1