Three Chinese nationals fined for missing 90-day immigration check-in in Thailand

webfact

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

police force conducted raids on two homes .......

They discovered three Chinese individuals

who were all found to have legal passports and visas. However, they had failed to complete their mandatory 90-day immigration check-in, resulting in each individual being fined 4,000 baht.

At another property, police officers questioned an unidentified Chinese woman but later determined that she had not committed any immigration offences.

Jeez talk about petty crimes

Also I guess the unidentified woman worked something out ????

But really has Big Joke so clamped down on their income streams that they now need to look for J-walkers & 90 late folks & RAID the house??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Why are there less tourists coming as they were expected??

Perhaps someone who has been here for more than 90 days is not a tourist.

Folk who are here long term are usually told to report at 90 days...????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how many days over the reporting date they were, no mention of that in the article.

Back when they changed overstaying a visa from something that you were fined for and nothing more I also wondered if /when they would turn the 90 day reporting into a crime.

So if they're going down this route why don't they fine the people who are actually responsible for doing the 90 day report - the home owner / landlord.

• Confused 4

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I wonder how many days over the reporting date they were, no mention of that in the article.

Back when they changed overstaying a visa from something that you were fined for and nothing more I also wondered if /when they would turn the 90 day reporting into a crime.

So if they're going down this route why don't they fine the people who are actually responsible for doing the 90 day report - the home owner / landlord.

Erm… you are confusing a 90 Day Report with the TM.30..

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, shackleton said:

Good news on the Immigration catching out foreigners not doing their 90 days reporting ????

Obey the rules like the rest of us living here  in Thailand ???????? ????

How on earth do YOU think immigration make money to pay their own wages, couldn't be to do wiv fees & fines could it.................?  :crazy:

4 hours ago, shackleton said:

Good news on the Immigration catching out foreigners not doing their 90 days reporting ????

Obey the rules like the rest of us living here  in Thailand ???????? ????

Somebody done drunk the Kool-Aid ????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

Like the 90 day proof of Bt800,000 after your visa has been granted. Time consuming and pointless.

Not exactly. The 90-day address reporting rule's got teeth, as these Chinese discovered. It's also possible to do it online.

18 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Submitted my 90 day report online on Saturday using the same address as I have for the last 2 years.

It was rejected as apparently their records show that I now live at a hotel in Jomtien that I have never, ever visited .... what a shambles. ????

Strange.. I submitted mine and it was approved in a day or two for the home I have been in for over 10 years. My interim trips to UK, and the nights I stayed in town in a hotel seemed to have no impact. Trivial to do 90 day reports. 

15 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

Like the 90 day proof of Bt800,000 after your visa has been granted. Time consuming and pointless.

amen to that. I got that 90 days mixed up with regular 90 day report, so was dinged for 2k. I do wish that your 90 day report count down starts from the day you renew the retirement extension...

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Trivial to do 90 day reports. 

Not if you live in a province with a rogue Immigration Office. Quite a few posts in other threads in the last few months complaining of having TM47 rejected because they stayed in a hotel for a night or two.

25 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Not if you live in a province with a rogue Immigration Office. Quite a few posts in other threads in the last few months complaining of having TM47 rejected because they stayed in a hotel for a night or two.

These rogue offices are a PITA... I am fortunate so far here in Jomtien.

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

These rogue offices are a PITA... I am fortunate so far here in Jomtien.

So far so good for me here in Bangkok too but I do feel for those chaps that have issues.

I've seen posts from dudes who have been told that online TM30 when returning from a trip is unacceptable and it must be done in-person AND with the landlord's signature. 

Whoever cooked that up has some serious issues!

12 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I've seen posts from dudes who have been told that online TM30 when returning from a trip is unacceptable and it must be done in-person AND with the landlord's signature. 

I know someone who owns his home in a company name, and when he does his retirement extension, he has to submit the company paperwork too. I only had to supply a copy of my phone bill to prove residence.