11 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

Unsure yet. Does it vary?

It can.

It's not significant.

Here is snip from HCMC consulate

"2.6. Evidence of adequate finance 

Showing transaction not less than 6 months

Minimum 20,000 Baht per person" 

Think best advice given when you are aware of which consulate or embassy you will apply from.

Also will receive advice about other things, such as need for appointment, flights etc

You may be applying for eVisa. 

Are you currently in Thailand? 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

These days, stretching it out longer than about 18 months requires care and some luck.

Nice extrapolation.

The OP asked if can obtain tourist visa post two visa exempt entries.

Answer YES. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, driver52 said:

is that a 60 day tourist visa and can it be extended once in Thailand? cheers

Yes. However, note that, since I wrote the post last week, there have been two reports (including one from a highly reliable source) that the issuing of tourist visas has become much stricter in Savannakhet. Thus, it is no longer certain that you would receive the visa if you are a long stay tourist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Thus, it is no longer certain that you would receive the visa if you are a long stay tourist.

what would you class as a long stay tourist? I've just had a 45 day visa free entry, due to fly out and back in next month.....is that 'long stay'? cheers

7 minutes ago, driver52 said:

what would you class as a long stay tourist? I've just had a 45 day visa free entry, due to fly out and back in next month.....is that 'long stay'? cheers

If your total stay in Thailand as a tourist over the last year is going to be 45 days on a visa exempt entry, you have nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If your total stay in Thailand as a tourist over the last year is going to be 45 days on a visa exempt entry, you have nothing to worry about.

yeah but then when I come back from Japan I'll have another 30 day exemption.....well unless they refuse me, then I'm in the poopidoops ????

27 minutes ago, driver52 said:

yeah but then when I come back from Japan I'll have another 30 day exemption.....well unless they refuse me, then I'm in the poopidoops ????

You will get the visa exempt entry OK on your return from Japan. Do you plan on extending it? I do not have first hand knowledge on what "strict" means in Savannakhet. However, a reported important guideline appears to be exceeding 90 days in a 180 day period.

You would have time to apply for an apointment to get a tourist visa in Vientiane. Worth considering also.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

You will get the visa exempt entry OK on your return from Japan. Do you plan on extending it? I do not have first hand knowledge on what "strict" means in Savannakhet. However, a reported important guideline appears to be exceeding 90 days in a 180 day period.

You would have time to apply for an apointment to get a tourist visa in Vientiane. Worth considering also.

yeah not sure what I want to do yet, in terms of staying for good, or not........my flight back to Europe is not until end of November, so I probably need at least 6 months of visa exemptions and/or tourist visa..........have been enjoying riding my bike around Pattaya to be fair

I know there are a lot of nutters out there but I'm even looking at long stay rentals and thinking of buying a motorbike too........my days may be numbered, lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, driver52 said:

yeah not sure what I want to do yet, in terms of staying for good, or not........my flight back to Europe is not until end of November, so I probably need at least 6 months of visa exemptions and/or tourist visa..........have been enjoying riding my bike around Pattaya to be fair

I know there are a lot of nutters out there but I'm even looking at long stay rentals and thinking of buying a motorbike too........my days may be numbered, lol

Thailand is great but it's not the be-all and end-all. Go and spend some time in the 'Nam or the Bodja. Heck, why not try Indonesia, put some hairs on your chest.