Tourist visa after 2 visa exempts

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

I have been in thailand doing visa exempts since 1/11/22

Will i be elegible for a tourist visa Vientian?

Normally, you should be fine. Based on the historical experience, if you have not had Thai tourist visas from Vientiane in the past, your application for a tourist visa there should be successful. Other consulates have become more restrictive about granting tourist visas, and it cannot be ruled out that Vientiane has new requirements that could cause you problems.

Remember that you need an appointment to apply in Vientiane, and you often need to make an appointment quite far in advance.

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Normally, you should be fine. Based on the historical experience, if you have not had Thai tourist visas from Vientiane in the past, your application for a tourist visa there should be successful. Other consulates have become more restrictive about granting tourist visas, and it cannot be ruled out that Vientiane has new requirements that could cause you problems.

Remember that you need an appointment to apply in Vientiane, and you often need to make an appointment quite far in advance.

I have one tourist visa from Vientian from 2020. 

3 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

I have one tourist visa from Vientian from 2020. 

In the past, the guideline that Vientiane used is that they will grant you up to two tourist visas issued by them visible in your current passport. Hopefully, they still use the same guideline.

Assuming you make the trip, please provide feedback here on how it goes.

59 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

Think i have all my ducks in a row. What about proof of adress? Will i need a tm30 or will a hotel booking do?

A TM30 would be pointless, as it's for your previous stay. A hotel booking should be alright, maybe someone can advise what their current requirement is.

In the good old days, a hotel booking for the first night would have been sufficient, just to confirm the address you put on the application form. But they might require more nowadays, same as other nearby embassies and consulates. 

• Like 1

Regarding visa appointments for HCMC. it appears they are doing the 14 days notice as others do.

First available time today is 7th June only 4 times remaining. 8th and 9th June all times remain as you will not get your passport back until the following week. Checking on Monday 22 May  this week, all times for 5th and 6th June were gone by 1000 am. There is only 10 times remaining for 12th June all other days and times available that week as of today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Non o conversion 20k for 3 months in pattaya is my next visa, which may continue on to an ED visa for additional 12 months.

That doesn't make sense. If you qualify for a Non-O visa, you wouldn't want to get extensions based on attending school later.

If you do go the ED route, double-check that you can actually stay as long as you've indicated. Chonburi Immigration used to count the 1 year limit for studying at an informal school from your actual entry into Thailand. Unless that has changed, you can't get 3 months (Non-ED visa) plus 12 months worth of extensions on top of your original permission to stay. 

2 hours ago, Sambo5000 said:

Any idea?

do you have to stay in Thailand? ie I was looking at a flight to Taiwan the other day, like £39 so it's cheaper than the 1900baht they want for a 30 day extension...

ok it's £39+ on the way back too but hey just an idea, lots more cuntries in the world that don't wanna rob-u like the Thais eh? ????

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:42 AM, Sambo5000 said:

What about proof of flights return ticket etc. I will be travelling by train to nongkai and returning same way for a tourist visa at vientian

The Thai embassy in Vientiane does not normally require a flight booking out of Thailand for a tourist visa application. If you have one, it would not hurt to provide it.

5 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Non o conversion 20k for 3 months in pattaya is my next visa, which may continue on to an ED visa for additional 12 months.

3 separate agencies gave this option.

Convert to Non-ed 3 month then take 12 month extension @ $X per 3 month (2 actually require full year payment)...or go home after 3 months and when I come back repay for the 3 month Non-ed.

^The reason going home is mentioned is I've intended to fly back to the states for the fall season.  But may hold off for one more year until qualify for the retirement visa when headaches become much smaller for exiting and re-entering.

I'm not going to argue with you on if possible/ not possible as I'm not a Thai VISA expert.   

However, this IS what multiple agents are offering and the one I'll go thru is respected here and been in operation 18 years or more.  No reason not to believe him in my book.

22 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

Visa denied. They want bank statement, not cash. I was not prepared for this. What should i do? Try Savannaket? And will they accept 10000 cash?

Everywhere nowadays requires bank statements. Savannakhet wont give you a tourist visa unfortunately, as anyone who spent 3 out of last 6 months in thailand cant get one there. You cant get a bank statement?  Cash is not accepted, it doesnt matter how much it is.

Edited by at15

44 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

Visa denied. They want bank statement, not cash. I was not prepared for this. What should i do? Try Savannaket? And will they accept 10000 cash?

You won't get a tourist visa anywhere without submitting a bank statement nowadays. 

So with my tourist visa denied, my only option is to fly in to Thailand, right? (Used both visa exempts already this year). What kind of traps should i look out for here, i always seem to miss something. Do I need onward tickets etc?

3 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

So with my tourist visa denied, my only option is to fly in to Thailand, right? (Used both visa exempts already this year). What kind of traps should i look out for here, i always seem to miss something. Do I need onward tickets etc?

If you fly into Thailand visa exempt you would need an onward flight. 

You can rent a ticket.

Google "onward ticket" and several companies provide that option.

Flying into BKK or DMK you will be questioned with your history.

Keep your "story" plain and simple.

Also have 20k baht or equivalent with you and print out of your onward flight out of Thailand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sambo5000 said:

Do I need onward tickets etc?

depends where you fly in from.....

I flew from Germany via Saudi Arabia and neither of them could give a crap.....

Flew in from Japan and the lady at the departure airport wanted to know about onward flight.....I eventually got into my emails and showed her my return flight to europe which is end of november.....to be honest the email could have been made up and I was getting frustrated with her being a 'control freak'........I think it's more a reflection of the Japanese way of the life and how 'controlled' their society is, that's probs why I felt aggrieved lol

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, driver52 said:

......I think it's more a reflection of the Japanese way of the life and how 'controlled' their society is, that's probs why I felt aggrieved lol

Completely incorrect. 

Many airlines from various companies require onward flights for visa exempt travel to Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Completely incorrect. 

Many airlines from various companies require onward flights for visa exempt travel to Thailand. 

Yes. I'm on 3/3 - most recent flights since December 2022:  Sydney-Bangkok Qantas; Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok Air Asia; Melbourne-Bangkok Singapore Airlines - on all three occasions I've been asked to show an onward flight.

All accepted once viewed on my phone - unsure whether I just struck extra-diligent staff, the Air Asia one was a surprise I'd have picked them as the least likely to bother asking.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Completely incorrect. 

well you can make up and think what the diddle u want 'chief' BUT I've been on 5 airlines the past 2 months from Europe and like ONE asked for an onward ticket...

from my knowledge of maths or math as some forieigners like to say, I make that a 20% hit rate......like I say, make your own math up if you like ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can rent a ticket.

Also have 20k baht or equivalent with you and print out of your onward flight out of Thailand. 

Can I use an atm once in don mueng to withdraw thai bahts for evidence? Cant withdraw bahts in laos.

9 minutes ago, Sambo5000 said:

Can I use an atm once in don mueng to withdraw thai bahts for evidence? Cant withdraw bahts in laos.

No.

There is no ATM airside. 

What money do you have on you.

It does not have to be in baht.

Any equivalent currency is fine. 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:44 PM, DrJack54 said:

You can rent a ticket.

Will they want proof of adress?