Proud Boys blame Trump as defendants prepare to find out fate in sedition trial

onthedarkside

image.png.9ebae1ec85d4d0d950b3d7d44ff9a1e9.png

Attorneys for the Proud Boys placed blame for the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol on Donald Trump during closing arguments in the seditious conspiracy trial on Tuesday.

An attorney for Enrique Tarrio said that federal prosecutors were trying to make the Proud Boys head a "scapegoat for Donald J. Trump and for those in power."

A lawyer for Joe Biggs said that the defendants went to D.C. because their "commander-in-chief" told them it would "be wild," referencing Trump's infamous tweet on Dec. 19, 2020, that called on supporters to go to D.C. on Jan. 6.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/proud-boys-blame-trump-defendants-prepare-find-fate-sedition-trial-rcna81234

image.png.2a07a972933050f4bbe0fd9c29dbb16f.png

• Haha 1

That story about him grabbing the steering wheel because he wanted to go to the Capitol etc -- I don't buy it.  I think he planted it and had them spread it around for face saving.

Narcissism is a 24 hour/day job.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 of the defendants found guilty of seditious conspiracy very serious indeed more verdicts pending I’ll bet old Donnie is getting nervous and I wouldn’t blame him wow that kinda charges can get you decades in the super max up to 50 years yeiks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That nothing burger has just turned into convictions for ‘Seditious Conspiracy’.

But well done, you’re bang on that trajectory of denying the path of Justice I predicted so many months back.

These "boys" (or their lawyers) are now trying to blame Trump to try and get their sentences reduced. That's to be expected but that's all there is to this.

No idea what your second comment means but it doesn't matter. 

47 minutes ago, nauseus said:

These "boys" (or their lawyers) are now trying to blame Trump to try and get their sentences reduced. That's to be expected but that's all there is to this.

No idea what your second comment means but it doesn't matter. 

Blaming Trump publicly won’t get their sentence reduced, it’s simply an example of the self pity and ‘always somebody else’s fault’ that characterizes the Alt-Right.

They could however cooperate and provide testimony against their co-conspirators in their acts of sedition.

With five convicted of the extremely serious crime of seditious conspiracy, the opportunities for a high stakes game of the ‘Prisoner’s Dilemma’ are clear and present.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wouldent surprise me one bit if there might be a regular song fest happening right now with this group of wannabe revolutionaries trying to get a decade or so shaved off their prison sentences old Roger stone must be nervous kinda wondering if the government has pulled his and Donnie’s passports yet .what’s that old saying every thing trump touches dies yea that’s the one

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Well if I may ,a direct quote from trump (stand back and stand by) mr Trump said that in front of millions of Americans so ………..yea I think he   did tell them to do it

Be there it will be wild is kinda hard to separate from incitement.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1