Girlfriend of Australian tourist found dead in Thai police custody suspects foul play

webfact

There is only 1 non-Thai org that needs to see the CCTV and that is the OZ embassy. Every embaasy has federal police from their country that work in the Embassy.  

He?she should watch it and be part of the investigation.  even if the footage shows him doing it they are still going to investigate.

My question is why is there no one designated to take the officers place when he goes to eat or to the bathroom.

As to the GF story. It seems to be like swiss cheese lots of holes.

30 minutes before he is arrested she talks to him and he is calm.  Does anyone here think he went from calm to out of control in 10 minutes.  Remember first he had to go crazy then someone would have to call the police and then the police would come and arrest him.  (30 minutes Don't think so)

He is calm and ok but is loud and out of control tht he has to be arrested and held for 6 hours during the day.

Also if there isnothing wrong with him why would he need a babysitter.

OH yeah, last thing where were his Mates.  I thought you Aussies always looked out for your mates?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

The question is. 
What was he doing alone in Thailand, when he has a gorgeous girlfriend and a baby girl?

Maybe it was for business and not pleasure !

Just seems weird that he was alone and highly drunk at 05:45 in the morning, and away from such a nice little family unit.

How naïve can you possibly be ???

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A personal attack has been removed. Continue and you will be suspended.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Actually, quite possibly - they would be searching the internet for any news and running across this thread.... so yes, it is quite possible they would see it.  If I lost someone close and I did not think I was being told the truth, I would be searching for anything and everything trying to make sense of it.

I wouldn't. Travelling alone without girlfriend indicates issues. Anyway it's done. Take care on the road. Life is fragile.

Read the above replies. Can't quite understand many of the preconceived  judgments.  However one thing is certain.  Good bad or indifferent,  none of us is getting out of here alive.  

I'll just choose to leave it all in the realm of TIT.  That's why I'm here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

I wouldn't. Travelling alone without girlfriend indicates issues. Anyway it's done. Take care on the road. Life is fragile.

"Travelling alone without girlfriend indicates issues."

Absolute bullpoo!!!

There are a myriad of reasons why he could be travelling alone, but you have to assume that "there are issues" implying that he has problems with his private life? Well done Sherlock! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sambum said:

"Travelling alone without girlfriend indicates issues."

Absolute bullpoo!!!

There are a myriad of reasons why he could be travelling alone, but you have to assume that "there are issues" implying that he has problems with his private life? Well done Sherlock! 

Like more tattoos?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

I don't know if he came for the tats, but he certainly was enjoying the ganja on his holiday, based on his facebook posts. Given that weed is know to increase suicidal thoughts, it doesn't seem out of the question that suicide is actually what occurred. 

Seems most likely. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

No normal person would tattoo their face. Before facial hair became the fashion it is now, people with unattractive faces would just grow facial hair.

Maybe some people just don't like shaving.  Or like the look, and it does comes in handy in cold weather.

I rarely didn't have facial hair after 25 yrs old, and only if job didn't allow it.   Now I shave since it comes in grey, where top of my head is still salt/pepper, so the beard adds about 10yrs to my handsomeness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Maybe some people just don't like shaving.  Or like the look, and it does comes in handy in cold weather.

I rarely didn't have facial hair after 25 yrs old, and only if job didn't allow it.   Now I shave since it comes in grey, where top of my head is still salt/pepper, so the beard adds about 10yrs to my handsomeness.

If I had facial hair I would keep scratching all the time. Before it became fashionable, handsome guys very rarely would grow facial hair, tell me a person, say a former pop star ie Elvis, Ricky Nelson, Billy Fury, Engelbert, who ever had facial hair.

Another thing, what employer has any right to tell someone they can or cannot have facial hair? I once walked out of a college course when told I would need to get a haircut.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Not entirely uncommon that very drunk people, left unattended, die in custody (suffocation etc.). Perhaps something similar happened here, and BiB thought it would be better if it was a suicide? ????

Its certainly not uncommon in Thailand for Thais and foreigners to die in custody.Police stations can very toxic dangerous places.

Why was this guy partying in a sleazy  bartown while his GF and baby are back in OZ ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BestB said:

Police keep saying have CCTV but have not provided it and yesterday stated n investigator was launched .

why launch an investigation if you have cctv ? 

What Thais say and what is factual, are usually two different things entirely. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, off road pat said:

True, about the fact that very drunk people left unattended could die in custody.

But what would the police gain in killing him !?!? what motive would they possibly have ??

He could have mouthed off and they killed him.

Maybe he made them lose face?

Possibly it was over money, as it so often is in Thailand?

We will likely never know the truth, and that's the way the Thais like it. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tanlic said:

Everytime some guy takes his own live out they come........."The police did it".........Wasn't exactly you everyday normal joe was he?

He'd have been taken to the Croc farm and never seen again and we would be told he was realeased if the police had something to hide.

They are not that clever mate. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Strange quote from the GF if you ask me .... "I don't believe he was suicidal"  but then she says " i don't think he should have been left alone in "the state " he was in... What state was he in exactly ? Only a bit homesick based on what she has said.

If it had been me, I would have expected my mrs to say something along the lines of " there's no way he would ever have  contemplate suicide no matter how wasted he was !  I just asked her now and she confirms that is pretty much exactly what she would say

Maybe he had prior history of suicidal tendencies,  Also a bit strange that he travelled so far just for a face tattoo, All the way to Thailand , alone ! Bet that went down well with his GF 

Much more to this than meets the eye  "Normal" people do not just get drunk and become suicidal, generally speaking

I asked my missus and she said, 'we live in hope!'

21 hours ago, off road pat said:

True, about the fact that very drunk people left unattended could die in custody.

But what would the police gain in killing him !?!? what motive would they possibly have ??

they got tired of his drunken antics and disciplined him and it went too far and was probably an accident.....suicide would be the best explanation for the police.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1