Krungsri 50k+ transfer photo requirement

On 5/3/2023 at 4:41 PM, Gaccha said:

What I find strange about this is that both my Apps for Kasikorn and TTB both announced around 3 weeks ago they would need facial scanning recognition to proceed, but then a couple of days later both announced on the Apps that I had waived the requirement. I had not done anything except pressed "agreed" to using facial scanning.

After that, both Apps then blocked me from using the Apps until I disabled the "accessibility" function on my phone. This function on the Samsung S20, allows Apps to "watch" other Apps. In my case, I use it among other things for an antivirus App and a YouTube ad skipper App as well as around 5 other Apps. I did this a couple of times and the banking Apps worked fine as long as the accessibility function was off. There was no sign of any facial scanning.

Around a week ago, the Kasikorn app started working again without any demand to switch off "accessibility". The TTB App continues to demand that I remove the accessibility function (this would take around 5 to 10 minutes each and every time I switch on the TTB app, making it functionally useless should I for example want to buy a coffee by scanning through the App). 

I find this pretty bizarre since nobody has seemed to mention these extra demands of the Apps on Thaivisa, as well as the odd way the banks are working in lockstep.

Yes I have to  switch  Norton off to access my BB account!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Bangkok Bank facial recognition process will directed you to smile/show your teeth and/or blink your eyes....be sure to do what it says....and good lighting is required.  If you are now toothless and never bought dentures you may be forever trapped in the world of Bt50K and less transfers.

21 hours ago, pmarlin said:

When I got the SMS from BBK to go in and do the face scan did it right away and updated to the new app and doing the face scan to make over 50,000 THB transfer the face scan won't recognized my face. Tried several times. They are not ready with this. Curious has anybody else tried to make a transfer over 50,000THB using BBK.

found the problem. When you do the face scan, they give you instructions to do certain face movements. I have to wear glasses when using my phone and need to remove them for the scan. I couldn't read the instructions when I was asked to smile or blink my eyes. Thanks to the wife this was pointed out to me, so I have her stand to my side and tell me when I need to smile, etc.

On 5/20/2023 at 3:50 PM, norbra said:

Yesterday transfered 50k+ from K_Bank account,nothing new required maybe next month for any change

I went to the Kasikorn branch today and they confirmed they are only doing the face scan for Thai customers at the moment, as it says in the KPlus app. 

• 2 weeks later...

Funny - after having my photo taken and after having the facial recognition thing setup at Bangkok Bank, I went home and made an inter-bank transfer for 59K, and the transfer went through without any facial recognition step.

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Funny - after having my photo taken and after having the facial recognition thing setup at Bangkok Bank, I went home and made an inter-bank transfer for 59K, and the transfer went through without any facial recognition step.

I don’t think it kicks in until 26th June (I don’t fancy sending the GF 51K to check ????) but I haven’t been into the bank to do the setup & have noticed that I’m unable to increase my daily limits on the app now. 

IMG_4396.thumb.png.c5101b16e9f058e5f41cbd99a46e111e.png

Which means I can’t send the GF 51K anyway ????