The media's 'Biden Protection Program' is back

Social Media

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They make fun of Trump because he acts like passing a dementia screening test is a bigger deal than getting invited to join Mensa.

The reason Biden won't do it is a basic political risk calculation. The potential damage of getting one or two questions wrong would be much more serious than just not doing it.

That might make the Let's go Brandon brigade bonkers but such types would never vote for him anyway.

270 electoral votes. That's the contest  Don't need everyone.

I agree with why biden won't willfully do a test, if he's not forced into it then there's no upside to taking it.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You mention health failings.

But you’ve no evidence.

Your politically biased misrepresentations of Biden are not a diagnosis of anything, they are however a symptom.

No evidence? Just look at him. Listen to him.   See how carefully he is managed and secluded. How short his working days are- 10 to 4 almost every day. John McCain was too old at 71- what does that make Joe?

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The question is not why doesn’t Biden take the Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test, it’s why was Trump rushed to the Walter Reed in the middle of the night to have the test administered?

The attempt to deflect from this reality is what’s behind the ‘projection’ tge rightwing are engaging in.

I don't know all the details except trump scored 30 out of 30. But, that's off topic right.....?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I agree, the title of the thread is a misnomer.  Biden's protection can't be 'back' because it never left.  He has always been coddled, even as VP.  "Just Joe being Joe", "he's just a gaffe machine", the usual deflections.  

It is harder to do now, with his shortcomings and health failings  becoming more apparent.  He has yet to do an interview with any major newspaper. No press conference in nearly 6 months. It couldn't be more obvious.

It wasn't long ago the media folks were getting more and more legit in their reporting on Biden. To the point where I felt like they didn't want Biden around anymore. But, now that ole joe is the man again the media is falling back in line and protecting him.

I think maybe some on here are looking for a repeat of the bombshell announcement -- and to any of us who remembered it that day, that's what is was -- of President LBJ on March 31, 1968:

"I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president."

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I agree with why biden won't willfully do a test, if he's not forced into it then there's no upside to taking it.

Do you have any evidence that Biden has not been tested for cognitive decline. Common sense would suggest that he has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

No, the media has treated Biden far worse than his predecessor. FOX and Newsmax in particular are in the tank for Trump.

Oh, please. Every news agency except for Fox was after Trump relentlessly, still are. But you continue with outlandish accusations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Do you have any evidence that Biden has not been tested for cognitive decline. Common sense would suggest that he has.

Common sense says that if he passed one the results would be headline news. Do you have proof that biden has done a cognitive test?

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Oh, please. Every news agency except for Fox was after Trump relentlessly, still are. But you continue with outlandish accusations.

Interesting. I read many times, in this forum, that Fox News was by far the market leader.

It also does not mean that your claim about other channels is true.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Ten to four almost every day? So still waaaaaay ahead of the golfer-in-chief he replaced then. Thank you for underlining once again how lucky we are having President Biden in the WH!:thumbsup:

...and again with the "but Trump...." line.  If Trump is your standard for Presidential behavior, then your standards are pretty low!

Plus,  Biden has been away and unavailable even more than that low standard. Even CNN acknowledges this;

As of October 2022, Biden spent 174 days at his beach house in Delaware and 64 days at Camp David. 

Same time frame, Trump spent 135 days at Mar A Lago/golf and 23 days at Camp David. 

Biden was away for 236 days in LESS than 2 years. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics/joe-biden-presidency-delaware-work-from-home/index.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

48 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Common sense says that if he passed one the results would be headline news. Do you have proof that biden has done a cognitive test?

And, if he failed, which is most likely outcome, the result would be binned and buried.

Edited by nauseus

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

If Trump is your standard for Presidential behavior, then your standards are pretty low!

It cannot be overstated how much of an improvement President Biden is over his predecessor. If you tried to engineer the worst possible president you'd end up with trump. Biden is not even close to being the ideal president but if he's the best chance we have of keeping trump out of office (which must NEVER happen again) then GO JOE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It cannot be overstated how much of an improvement President Biden is over his predecessor. If you tried to engineer the worst possible president you'd end up with trump. Biden is not even close to being the ideal president but if he's the best chance we have of keeping trump out of office (which must NEVER happen again) then GO JOE!

...and more of the "but Trump..." without commenting on the facts. Just emotion and a bit of derangement syndrome.  Here is another fun fact- more Americans died of Covid under the Biden administration than Trump.

Never hear that in the media though. I remember the constant presence of the "Covid Death Count" at the side of tv screens throught the first year of the pandemic, yet they faded away afterwards....

28 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

...and more of the "but Trump..." without commenting on the facts. Just emotion and a bit of derangement syndrome.  Here is another fun fact- more Americans died of Covid under the Biden administration than Trump.

Never hear that in the media though. I remember the constant presence of the "Covid Death Count" at the side of tv screens throught the first year of the pandemic, yet they faded away afterwards....

Calculated by comparing 2020 and 2021.

Of course, nothing to do with the fact that the impact of Covid really started to be significant end of March, that the peak which occurred early 2021 was due to the start of a Covid wave in December 2020, that Biden took office on 20 January, so most of January was still under Trump, etc...

Not to mention that there were more deaths among Republicans in 2021, as a significant share of them was opposed to the health policy of the Biden administration, in particular to vaccination.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2022/03/03/the-changing-political-geography-of-covid-19-over-the-last-two-years/

PP_2022.03.03_geo-covid_00-04.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Here's one more fun fact. The arrival of Delta, the most virulent strain of covid which was also had vaccine immune properties did not hit the US till June 2021.

Never hear that in the right wing media in reference to the claim you made eh...........

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's one more fun fact. The arrival of Delta, the most virulent strain of covid which was also had vaccine immune properties did not hit the US till June 2021.

Never hear that in the right wing media in reference to the claim you made eh...........

Fox news did report it at the time . 

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Fox news did report it at the time . 

The claim:

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Here is another fun fact- more Americans died of Covid under the Biden administration than Trump.

The facts as to why that would be:

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The claim:

The facts as to why that would be:

I was replying to your claim that it wasn't reported in the right wing media and my Fox news link to the story is off topic and I cannot re-post it again to show my claim is correct

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was replying to your claim that it wasn't reported in the right wing media and my Fox news link to the story is off topic and I cannot re-post it again to show my claim is correct

Fox did not state that the reason for more deaths under Biden was due to Delta. Follow the string of posts.

image.png.0c5e556b8962797a6ea47ebe8d668a98.png

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Fox did not state that the reason for more deaths under Biden was due to Delta. Follow the string of posts.

image.png.0c5e556b8962797a6ea47ebe8d668a98.png

Fox report the news and the news of that day and not everything revolves around who is the current POTUS.

Fox news reported about the then new Delta Covid strain and how many deaths it caused , It really wasn't necessary for them to state that Biden was POTUS at the time

Poll: Americans fault news media for dividing country

When it comes to the news media and the impact it’s having on democracy and political polarization in the United States, Americans are likelier to say it’s doing more harm than good.

Nearly three-quarters of U.S. adults say the news media is increasing political polarization in this country, and just under half say they have little to no trust in the media’s ability to report the news fairly and accurately, according to a new survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research and Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights.

The poll, released before World Press Freedom Day on Wednesday, shows Americans have significant concerns about misinformation — and the role played by the media itself along with politicians and social media companies in spreading it — but that many are also concerned about growing threats to journalists’ safety.

https://apnews.com/article/poll-misinformation-polarization-coronavirus-media-d56a25fd8dfd9abe1389b56d7e82b873?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_05&utm_content=eyebrows

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1