UK and foreign TV series ( with English subs )

Speedo1968

Using torrent downloaders you can download countless UK tv series that are not available for purchase (so in my mind there is no law broken as the producers lose nothing). I'm currently watching Masterchef UK, although I chose not to have subs on that particular series.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kan Win said:

+1

One of the best. I use Internet Download Manager (paid version) to download my files.

Win ????

Hi Kan Win. 

When watching movies/TV-series on fmovies.to I do not download them but stream them to my TV.  Occasionally there is some buffering when doing that, but often no problem at all. 

I would download the movies or episodes to avoid that occasional buffering (often no buffering problem at all) were it not that you do not have access to add sub-titles anymore when having downloaded the movie/TV-series. 

If anybody knows an easy way of adding sub-titles to downloaded movies/TV-series I would be interested to know how to do that.  Note that I tried using GreenFish which is a transparent overlayer in which you can simultaneously run the subtitle SRT file which you need to download separately.  Problem being that more often than not the movie and its subtitles are not well-synchronized, making that solution unusable.

Edited by Red Phoenix

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Can anyone suggest alternative "Free" sites which allow for watching and downloading ?

You could have a look at Kodi, there is a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it you can get virtually anything you want without jumping around sites.

I would suggest you install Kodi yourself from the website rather than a Kodi Build which may be a bit confusing. You then need to install an addon to source the programmes, I just watch movies and TV series so just use "Seren" and "The Crew" addons which have download facility.

When you do a search you get a multitude of links to choose from so a question of picking the quality your internet can handle to stream. The links are from all sort of sources, I have been watching quite a lot recently that were produced by Netflix and some of them were foreign. I would recommend "Fauda" if you haven't already seen it.

I am not into sport but believe there are addons that are aimed at sport.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

An interesting site, but it looks as if the vast majority are US series, not from the UK.

There are quite a number of UK series on the site.  I recently watched the 3 series of Luther (with Idris Elba) on it.

But the set-up of the site is a mess (and it also features a lot of pure trash series), so you really have to make specific selections.  E.g. you can select UK as COUNTRY to get only (or primarily) UK content. 

And it's worthwhile to check the imdb rating of each movie or series, if it wasn't recommended to you by someone, as any series/movies with a rating under 6.5 are generally not worth it.

Cheers and enjoy browsing.

RARBG and LimeTorrents covers my fix of Old/New UK / Aus or US TV series. 80%+  includes English Subtitles, else there are a couple of Subtitles websites (SubScene & OpenSubtitles) you can download them from. If using VLC for playback, then open the Subtitles file once you've loaded your movie.

Or, if you're okay with computers, then use the MKVToolNix suite of programs to embed your Subtitles into a .mkv file, so you just double-click to play.

• Like 1

A tip to the OP - I receive a weekly email from radiotimes.com which has news about current or upcoming series - for example, the new series of Dalgliesh. Hardly a week goes by when I don't discover a new series to watch.

Another tip - Google a series and look at the IMDb link, usually the first one listed, and scroll down past the cast and it suggests similar series to the one you've looked up. WARNING: Can be addictive as it will lead you to one series and then another, and before you know it you have no life and are condemned to a future on the couch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RayWright said:

RARBG and LimeTorrents covers my fix of Old/New UK / Aus or US TV series. 80%+  includes English Subtitles, else there are a couple of Subtitles websites (SubScene & OpenSubtitles) you can download them from. If using VLC for playback, then open the Subtitles file once you've loaded your movie.

Or, if you're okay with computers, then use the MKVToolNix suite of programs to embed your Subtitles into a .mkv file, so you just double-click to play.

Agree with the above. I find australiapopulation dot com to be the most reliable source for subtitles. If you re-name the episode and the subtitle to the same name (ie S01, S02 etc) then the subtitle should play automatically.

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

Try Stremio.  Excellent app.  But do not use it to watch streams without a vpn.

If you have Debrid, and you watch a debrid stream, then vpn in not necessary.

Have used Stremio for a long time now. Excellent app and easy to set up and works on most platforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Install qBittorrent and search sites such as

what he said

i've used tpb.party for years, reliable as the sun coming up lol

this is an easy solution IF you normally use a proper computer AND your TV has a usb port because you just copy the downloaded movie file onto your stick, plug it into the TV, no issues with buffering etc......and if you have a half decent internet connection which appears quite widespread in Thailand now it won't take much downloading........I would also recommend a hacked android TV running Kodi but that's for tech geeks lol