5 dead, including child, following shooting at Texas home; suspect at large

onthedarkside

On 4/30/2023 at 9:53 AM, Tug said:
On 4/30/2023 at 7:46 AM, pegman said:

Once again,

Thoughts & Prayers & No One Cares

I beg to differ strongly differ sir the vast majority of Americans are supportive of stronger gun laws it won’t fix things but it will help we have little kids getting slaughtered in school folks being murdered in their places of worship folks being killed because of the color of their skin a ball across a lawn knocking on a door driving up the wrong driveway sir we effin do care deeply care it’s the cowards in the house and senate that don’t do what we want I want you to know we do care

I think you completely missed his point.  Nothing will happen as a result of these murders.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zero.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, and this will stop violent gun crime committed by criminals getting guns illegally how ? Black gang member kill far more - mostly of each other - with illegal fire arms than mass shootings. Cracking down on obtaining faire-arms is not the issue - its the criminals with them that is the bigger threat

Last weekend in Chicago, 8 dead and 27 wounded in shootings.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Last weekend in Chicago, 8 dead and 27 wounded in shootings.   

I can not help but notice something here,a bunch of gang members

killed because they are shooting each other and mass school murders and neighbors shooting each other.

Oh yes i remember now,all of the killers used guns,you know the little innocent pieces of steel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvs said:

I can not help but notice something here,a bunch of gang members

killed because they are shooting each other and mass school murders and neighbors shooting each other.

Oh yes i remember now,all of the killers used guns,you know the little innocent pieces of steel.

And the gang members kill far more than either neighbors or school shooters.  So where do you think we should concentrate finite resources? 

On 4/30/2023 at 5:46 AM, Tug said:

This particular nut job was popping off rounds in his back yard his neighbors asked him to stop so their baby could sleep in response this animal murdered the family……….sigh……..just totally unessary no excuses oh but it gets better apparently the perp is Mexican sigh…..here we go again……

I wonder if he is cartel related. if not, he missed his calling

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

And the gang members kill far more than either neighbors or school shooters.  So where do you think we should concentrate finite resources? 

ok,now i understand,yes we (shoot) give more guns to neighbors and people

who want to kill school kids,just to make it even right?

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Congratulations!You have the perfect solution!

Did you come up with this al by yourself or is it a

very old line?

Amazing!

Is it not true ? Or do you need help answering that ?

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, and this will stop violent gun crime committed by criminals getting guns illegally how ? Black gang member kill far more - mostly of each other - with illegal fire arms than mass shootings. Cracking down on obtaining faire-arms is not the issue - its the criminals with them that is the bigger threat

update ,on the threat

$80K reward offered in manhunt for Texas shooting suspect reportedly in US illegally.

The 38-year-old fugitive was in the US illegally and was previously deported, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement source told Fox News Digital.

He has re-entered the country “multiple” times with his last ICE encounter dating back to 2016, the source said.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/30/80k-reward-offered-in-search-for-francisco-oropesa-in-texas/

Edited by riclag

1 minute ago, jvs said:

Yes,please help me understand this.

Here goes if you can follow ,   It says that the women were lying on top of the kids to protect them , if they were to aim their guns at shooter and squeeze trigger maybe shooter would be killed , do you understand?

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Here goes if you can follow,if the shooter did not have a gun there would have been no problem and nobody would have died!

Do you understand?

Unless he went in with a knife but I suppose you want those banned aswell. 
The criminals are not going to give up their guns , only the law abiding people will or do you think the criminals will ?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Unless he went in with a knife but I suppose you want those banned aswell. 
The criminals are not going to give up their guns , only the law abiding people will or do you think the criminals will ?

Ridiculous response,old and worn out and not relevant at all.

In this case if the guy had not been shooting in his back yard around midnight there would have been no complained  and no problem.

Today a law abiding citizen and tomorrow decide to go kill innocent school kids.Do you need examples or can you find them by yourself?

Do you have police in the US to deal with criminals?

Most countries do.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jvs said:
57 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

ok,now i understand,yes we (shoot) give more guns to neighbors and people

who want to kill school kids,just to make it even right?

let me take a stab at this one.

far more people are killed on a regular basis with hand guns. statistically its about 60 to 70 percent of all firearm deaths yearly. 

what the poster may of been hinting at is all this hype for these shootings is misplaced when the percentage of the total gun violence of this kind is small compared to hand guns and gang violence. maybe just maybe if more focus was put where more of the deaths occur than a reduction etc could happen.

no where did he say anything about giving more guns to neighbors who want to kill school kids or any of that nonsense you made up. 

Edited by stoner
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jvs said:

Ridiculous response,old and worn out and not relevant at all.

In this case if the guy had not been shooting in his back yard around midnight there would have been no complained  and no problem.

Today a law abiding citizen and tomorrow decide to go kill innocent school kids.Do you need examples or can you find them by yourself?

Do you have police in the US to deal with criminals?

Most countries do.

If the Mexican had not been in the US , but ifs and buts are no excuse , if you are rotten you are rotten 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

If the Mexican had not been in the US , but ifs and buts are no excuse , if you are rotten you are rotten 

If the people from Honduras would not have been in the US,but ifs and buts

are no excuse.

Get rid of the guns,it is the only answer but it is not an answer gun loving people want to hear.I understand that but can you come up with a good fresh idea?

• Thumbs Up 1

///Deleted post edited out///

Who is we?You mean you right?Yes you can say that but is it true?

More guns are flowing out of the USA to Mexico then the other way around.

Am i allowed to say that?Because it is a fact,you just hoped what you said would be true.

Just read this,

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/frequently-asked-questions-gun-trafficking/

Edited by onthedarkside
Mod edited
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

If the people from Honduras would not have been in the US,but ifs and buts

are no excuse.

Get rid of the guns,it is the only answer but it is not an answer gun loving people want to hear.I understand that but can you come up with a good fresh idea?

Impractical and unconstitutional, as well as facile to simply say "get rid of the guns".  Cannot and will not happen.

However, curb the flow of illegal immigrants to the US from the southern border, deport the ones that are caught, and especially people caught FIVE TIMES... these are doable policies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Impractical and unconstitutional, as well as facile to simply say "get rid of the guns".  Cannot and will not happen.

However, curb the flow of illegal immigrants to the US from the southern border, deport the ones that are caught, and especially people caught FIVE TIMES... these are doable policies. 

Impractical?Maybe but if you can fly to the moon you also have the ability

to gather up guns.

Unconstitutional?No problem to change that,it is just an amendment.

Happens all over the world on a regular basis.

Yes i agree illegal immigrants are a problem not only in the USA.

This shooter is illegal in the country,many times over.

He was living in a house and had everything else he needed,who sold him the gun and who rented him the house?Law abiding citizens?

Remember  nearly all illegally owned guns started of as legal guns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE: Father whose wife and child were among 5 shot and killed by a neighbor in Texas recalls how the attack unfolded

Sonia Argentina Guzman and her son, Daniel Enrique Laso-Guzman, were shot and killed by a neighbor Friday in Cleveland, Texas, local officials said.

Wilson Garcia told CNN that he and two others walked over to the suspect’s home in Cleveland, Texas, Friday night to ask that he shoot his gun on the other side of his yard because the earsplitting gunfire was making Garcia’s baby cry.

But the suspect, identified by law enforcement as 38-year-old Francisco Oropesa, refused, Garcia said. Police were called five times to report the neighbor’s activities, he said, but by the time police arrived at the scene, it was already too late.

Garcia said he fled the home after a woman inside told him his two other children needed him to survive. That woman was also killed by Oropesa, he said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/01/us/cleveland-texas-neighbor-shooting-monday/index.html

• Sad 1

Guns by themselves,in a heap are perfectly harmless and do no damage at all to anybody.

The problem begins when when people of all ages from toddlers to elders in their 80s get their hands on a gun. For toddlers I believe it is curiosity as they have no idea what it is or does, but "daddy" has a few.

After the age of perhaps 8 or 9 there is no excuse and no need for a gun no matter which way the 2nd amendment is read.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:22 PM, Hanaguma said:

Linkage of the gun problem with the illegal immigration problem is an amazing work of fiction.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
Grammar
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Linkage of the gun problem with the illegal immigration problem is an amazing work of fiction.

I would say that linkage of the crime problem with the illegal immigration problem is the truth.