Toyota Yaris 2022 Tyres. Any suggestions please.

Hi

My Thai made Yaris is a great little go-cart car. 

Apart from the ride, it's hard and noice. It's not refined car, it's cheap! And BKK roads are so bad! 

Bridgestone ecopia 185/60r15 are the original tyres on it. 

Any suggestions for a smooth and quieter ride tyres? 

Cheers 

Gee

Some premium tyres with a considerably quieter run on the roads include Bridgestone Turanza T001/T005, Goodyear GT3, Michelin Primacy, Continental Conti Sport Contact 5P, and several others.

• Thanks 1

I bought a Yaris with 7k on the clock 2.5 years ago.  came with new Dunlop Enesave ec300 tires on it, now at 57000k, and should last this next rainy season. No hydroplaning, good grip,  and seem quiet,  but can't compare to anything else. I'll buy these again when they wear out.

• Thanks 1

These are a low rolling resistance tyre (supposed to aid fuel economy) but there’s always a trade off with tyre technology,which may be ride comfort? I don’t think the Yaris (great little car it is) is high on ride comfort anyway so perhaps a more conventional tyre (like the Turanza mentioned by previous poster) might help in that respect. My daughters Yaris in U.K. now has Bridgestone Turanzas which they’re very happy with.

Wouldn't upgrading the suspension, shocks, struts, be a better idea.  Tyres can only do so much, if anything, unless tyres themselves are noisy.

All the entry level cars are terrible on the road, noise, bumps and vibration.  Add some undercoating (during dry season), might help deaden the road noise, and maybe some sound deadening material on the floor inside.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

Bridgestone ecopia 185/60r15 are the original tyres on it

Changing these particular tires won't make it more comfortable. The same with the suspension components. For noise, try full floor insulation from an audio shop, and some fully fitted floor mats on top of that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

It’s an entry level Toyota for goodness sake. Even the high end ones are at best average. Adapt to it. 

To some people tyres are rocket science, pretty sad really a bit of reading would solve it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 5:00 PM, Lacessit said:

I buy Michelins for every car I have owned, peace of mind when roads go from dry to greasy.

I had michelin ps3 then ps4 on our swift. It was amazing in the wet. It drove like there was no water on the road. The trade-off was tire noise. After those, we changed to toyo cr-1 which was a good compromise. It was my wife;s car to, so no real need for sports tires, as she doesn't drive fast. Anothe good tire for quietness and comfort is yokohama db 552, though I've not personlly used them. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

It’s an entry level Toyota for goodness sake. Even the high end ones are at best average. Adapt to it. 

The high end ones are called a Lexus. They are pretty nice.

• Haha 1