Annual Covid-19 booster shots planned for Thailand this year

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

As off topic as this is regarding vaccines in Thailand, here is the information to correct your statement that Australia has banned AZ, they have phased them out not banned them.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/astrazeneca-vaccine-discontinued-by-federal-government/news-story/b917f53dfbefa9342e9c3218724c58f8

The AstraZeneca Covid vaccine, sold under the brand name Vaxzevria, has not been available to the Australian public since March 20.

The federal Department of Health and Aged Care confirmed the news in a statement to news.com.au, saying although the vaccine remains provisionally approved in the country, AstraZeneca has decided to “formally discontinue Vaxzevria in Australia”.

According to the spokesperson, the last batch of pandemic supply stock expired on March 21, 2023.

As far as Covid boosters with vaccines here is some news I found this morning if your in Bangkok, not the newest vaccines probably.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40027083

Deputy governor Tavida Kamolvej on Friday officially opened a temporary vaccination unit on the 6th floor in Zone D of the MBK Centre shopping mall.

Thanks, and just to close the loop, here's the official statement 

https://www.health.gov.au/our-work/covid-19-vaccines/our-vaccines/astrazeneca

Vaccination is a personal choice like any other medication, so I hope you find whatever type of vaccine you're looking for. 

Edited by Pink Mist
a portion of the post with misinformation has been removed.

5 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Contact the local hospitals giving vaccinations in your area. For example there are 4 or 5 hospitals giving vaccinations in Chiang Mai, any given month. Last month, April, The Chiang Mai Neurological Hospital had pfizer bivalent. I assume a couple others likely did too. As far as I could tell they were not limiting it to any group. No publicity about this. I came in expecting to get a regular booster, and was offered pfizer bivalent.

BTW I'm posting this up assuming you actually want a booster, so many post things for other reasons these days.

Firstly, you are correct to assume I actually want a booster and am not one of the many who post things for other reasons these days. 

Thank you for your very helpful feedback. I contacted The Chiang Mai Neurological Hospital this morning. Seems I have just missed the boat as the Pfizer Bivalent vaccines they had expired on 30 April 2023. They also advised that those Public Hospitals in Chiang Mai that received the Pfizer Bivalent vaccines got them from the same centre and all have the 30 April 2023 expiry date. 

For those who might be interested, the vaccines currently available from The Chiang Mai Neurological Hospital are:

- Moderna Bivalent
   - Pfizer (generation 1st)
   - LAAB

They are open on official days (08.30-12.00). Just need to take your passport and previous vaccination certification (if any).

I will keep an eye out for when the Pfizer Bivalent vaccine returns. 

1 hour ago, skorts said:

I will keep an eye out for when the Pfizer Bivalent vaccine returns. 

That wasn't so hard was it. I'm sure moderna bivalent is excellent.

However now you have an excuse not to get a booster. Heh. BTW still believing you are serious about wanting one. They post up the hospitals giving vaccinations every month on the Chaing Mai News facebook site. Hospitals and vaccination times do change month to month. Look in there and make some phone calls. That is if you want a pfizer bivalent.  

Cheers

16 hours ago, skorts said:

That is interesting. Please provide details of where it is available and who it is available to. I have been dealing with one of the biggest private hospital groups in Thailand and it is not yet available to them for general distribution. They told me first priority, which is understandable, will be the front line health workers. They also told me there is no information when it will be available to the general public. 

Look at my earlier post about Mobile App QueQ

• 2 weeks later...

I walked into Central World, 5th floor, atrium zone, in Bangkok yesterday and got the Moderna bivalent vaccine for free. It’s available to everyone until May 28th. Friday through Sunday. Closed today for general election.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 5:27 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Why not, one in one arm the other in the other.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/coadministration.htm

You can get a flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine at the same visit if you are due for both vaccines. This is an option.

Dr. Ashish Jha - President Biden’s coronavirus response coordinator - told a White House press briefing early September 2022 that the administration’s focus was making “vaccines a more routine part of our lives” with “annual protection.”

“The good news is you can get both your flu shot and COVID shot at the same time. It’s actually a good idea,” said Jha, who is also a dean of the Brown University School of Public Health.

“I really believe this is why God gave us two arms — one for the flu shot and the other one for the COVID shot.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Dr. Ashish Jha - President Biden’s coronavirus response coordinator - told a White House press briefing early September 2022 that the administration’s focus was making “vaccines a more routine part of our lives” with “annual protection.”

“The good news is you can get both your flu shot and COVID shot at the same time. It’s actually a good idea,” said Jha, who is also a dean of the Brown University School of Public Health.

“I really believe this is why God gave us two arms — one for the flu shot and the other one for the COVID shot.”

"I really believe this is why God gave us two arms — one for the flu shot and the other one for the COVID shot"

What an absolute clown. Pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 1