Pattaya Beach Hotels and Bars Benefited from Crew of USS Nimitz

snoop1130

I remember the days in the 80s when convoys of buses would leave Ekamai station filled with "les belles de nuit" heading for Pattaya proper to welcome those completely under nailed sailors. The birds would even run down the seashore to "welcome sexy man" in knee-deep water. 

5'000 sailors, not having seen any women without uniform, must have left truckloads of Baht in the watering holes of the family beachside resort with bar fines which are higher today than the entire package 30 years ago. Also noteworthy - but maybe that is me only - is the fact, that you get much more woman today than 30 years ago ..... weight-wise that is ???? 

As long as everyone is happy and the sick bay is properly stocked with Amoxicillin - so long boys! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, maxcorrigan said:

Back in my Pattaya bar hopping days when a USN ship visited, the US Navy police would go through all the bars strictly at 9pm and make sure all their navy boys were back on board, don't know if it's any different now with this visit!

Yes its called "Cinderella leave" The USN and other navies invoke that sometimes if the ship is leaving port the next morning to prevent any drunken late arrivals.It works to everyones benefit.

• Like 1

From what I saw, there was some price gouging at the pier. Expensive food, drinks and taxi's. I know everyone needs to earn a living, but hate when it's at the expense of men in uniform.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

5'000 sailors, not having seen any women without uniform, must have left truckloads of Baht in the watering holes

"Baht"? Just for a moment I was wondering what you were about to say .! ???????? 

45 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

"Baht"? Just for a moment I was wondering what you were about to say .! ???????? 

Call it Greenbacks, Quid or North Korean Won - I understand that the service providers are not too fussy about the currency/ies their services are being compensated with 8-) 

8 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Call it Greenbacks, Quid or North Korean Won - I understand that the service providers are not too fussy about the currency/ies their services are being compensated with 8-) 

I think it may have gone over your head…?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I've never seen more girls on soi 6 than now and some better talent than in recent years.

Quantity isn't quality.

If you wanna hang out with grannies and drink hustlers and pay a hefty price for essentially nothing, then yeah Pattaya 2023 is for you. But if you're look for bubbly girls that are actually good at entertaining men (not even talking about naughty stuff here)... Good luck. I'm not saying they don't exist but they are extremely rare. Girls have become extremely cynical in the way they work. And when you consider the number of bars in town, there is little hope that competition is gonna change anything to it. Btw Jomtien has a much better vib imo.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, GameMaster said:

Quantity isn't quality.

If you wanna hang out with grannies and drink hustlers and pay a hefty price for essentially nothing, then yeah Pattaya 2023 is for you. But if you're look for bubbly girls that are actually good at entertaining men (not even talking about naughty stuff here)... Good luck. I'm not saying they don't exist but they are extremely rare. Girls have become extremely cynical in the way they work. And when you consider the number of bars in town, there is little hope that competition is gonna change anything to it. Btw Jomtien has a much better vib imo.

Girls were always cynical, many just don't bother  hiding it anymore

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

has been engaged in an extensive 11-month patrol mission within the US 7th Fleet area of operations since November of last year.

In my reckoning from November of last year to this month is SIX months and not ELEVEN.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Girls were always cynical, many just don't bother  hiding it anymore

That might very well be; but in their trade a bit of hospitality wouldn't hurt - especially when you consider the prices. People prefer to get kissed before they get f. And by the way, that's a very basic business concept that is being applied everywhere. Imagine a restaurant doubling prices and at the same time telling you to go get your plate in the kitchen because why not and don't forget to leave a nice tip. Huh, what ?

Edited by GameMaster

14 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Its the closest the Thai's will ever get to an F35 after the Chinese sucking with subs  enjoy ????

I'm pretty sure that the Nimitz air group (CAG17) flies only F/A-18s of different varieties as their fighter/attack squadrons - no F-35s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GameMaster said:

That might very well be; but in their trade a bit of hospitality wouldn't hurt - especially when you consider the prices. People prefer to get kissed before they get f. And by the way, that's a very basic business concept that is being applied everywhere. Imagine a restaurant doubling prices and at the same time telling you to go get your plate in the kitchen because why not and don't forget to leave a nice tip. Huh, what ?

Bit like a buffet lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, USEpat said:

I'm pretty sure that the Nimitz air group (CAG17) flies only F/A-18s of different varieties as their fighter/attack squadrons - no F-35s.

Thank god for that I'll sleep easier tonight, as long as you're sure

17 hours ago, ThaiJim said:

From what I saw, there was some price gouging at the pier. Expensive food, drinks and taxi's. I know everyone needs to earn a living, but hate when it's at the expense of men in uniform.

Still remember drinking at a Beach Rd beer bar many years ago and the US Navy guys nearby were paying double the regular price for a beer. It was suggested to me by a finger to the lip, not to mention it. 

On 5/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, Bday Prang said:

Sleep well......................... I am sure.

On 5/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, Bday Prang said:

Sleep well; I'm sure.