Khon Kaen Immigration

racyrick

Went to Khon Kaen Immigration today for my 90 day report and I was amazed to see the entire staff has been changed including the Captain.

Not one person was there that I saw or used over the last 5 years.

Does anybody know if this new staff is as friendly, nice and helpful as the previous staff, especially for one year extensions?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've no idea as we have our own immigration in Mahasarakham now but I used to go to Khon Kaen.

When I first went they never seemed very happy. From looking on here and other forums it seemed that some there were open to bribes but I'm guessing not all of them approved. Then one time I went and everyone seemed much happier. I recognised some of them and reports on forums suggested a change of leadership and less need to bribe. I don't know if that was the reason but maybe it was. Corruption appears common in Thailand but not all Thais approve.

Recent reports have highlighted possible corruption in some offices, including Khon Kaen. Roi Et on the other side of us was also included but not Mahasarakham which I had to visit last month, or maybe early this month. Apart from the endless paper work and required signatures it was a pleasant and happy experience.

Hopefully sorting any dubious activities in Khon Kaen, if there are any will improve the situation.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, racyrick said:

Not one person was there that I saw or used over the last 5 years.

Has big joke swept through with the iron broom?

Khon Kaen executive officers were deeply entangled in a corruption scandal.

I always had my stuff in order and never had any problems with bribing for legit affairs. Ok, not returning 100 on 2000 Baht in recent years :smile:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

Not sure much has changed.

I had to pay a donation to change stamps in passports earlier this year.

The amount was up to me,considering it took longer than to do a marriage extension i thought 200 baht was about right.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The amount was up to me,considering it took longer than to do a marriage extension i thought 200 baht was about right.

No you didn't. This is free.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, farmerjo said:

You were mugged.

• Like 1

Recently done my yearly extension, all the paperwork in order I didn’t have to wait long to be seen nice friendly woman IO dealt with me, all stamped up for another year, there does seem to be a more young people at the front desks these days maybe that’s the reason it seems friendlier and more efficient…all my dealings with Khon Kaen immigration have been pleasant and efficient