70 year old village chief fights off daring motorcycle heist to save valuable gold necklace

snoop1130

man.jpg

A 70 year old former village chief from Sriracha successfully defended his valuable gold necklace against a thief attempting to steal it whilst both were on moving motorbikes.

Kasem Thanyapol was on his way to purchase construction materials when a man riding a Honda Wave without license plates approached, grabbed his 10-baht weight gold chain and tried pulling it off.

Fortunately, the valuable chain, worth over 332,480 baht, was too thick to break, allowing Kasem to maintain possession of it. The quick-thinking former village chief of Bangphra Moo 4 manoeuvred his motorbike against the attacker’s bike and struck the assailant’s head with an iron pipe that he had found nearby. The would-be thief, panicked by the turn of events, fled to Jay Park in Surasak.

Kunueng Chokpradit, a 35 year old witness, heard the village chief call for assistance and went to help. However, upon realising that nothing had been stolen, she advised her employees against pursuing the thief. The local police are now investigating the incident and plan to examine CCTV footage in an attempt to identify the offender.

Gold thefts in Pattaya are as regular as night turns into day. Only last week, police caught a transwoman changing her hair colour at a salon after she robbed a Pattaya gold shop.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/former-village-chief-70-fights-off-motorbike-thief-attempting-to-steal-expensive-gold-necklace

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The quick-thinking former village chief of Bangphra Moo 4 manoeuvred his motorbike against the attacker’s bike and struck the assailant’s head with an iron pipe that he had found nearby.

That was fortuitous?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Village boss with a 10 baht gold chain. Guessing a few brown envelopes help buy that. 

Well mine was far less than 10 baht and was more easily yanked off my neck by some yob when I was on my motorcycle. Bit embarrassing that this old guy seems to have done well defending himself, I didn't!

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a man riding a Honda Wave without license plates approached, grabbed his 10-baht weight gold chain and tried pulling it off.

daring motorcycle heist

I don't think grabbing someone's necklace and trying to pull it off can be considered a daring motorcycle heist.

14 hours ago, stoner said:

who writes this dribble. 

if they were as regular as night and day then only last week .......ahhh forget it. 

Terrible writing.  I think it's a conflation of "as regular as clockwork" and "as sure as night turns to day".

He also describes what happened as "a daring motorcycle heist".  I was expecting something worthy of a Hollywood film, not a motorcycle chain snatch attempt.

It appears that "Top" is a non-native English speaker, which is fair enough, but they should have someone proof reading everyone's work, especially when the mistakes are instantly noticeable.  Although he's also apparently a "multifaceted writer". ????

Edited by BangkokReady

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So on a moving motorbike, while fighting off a mugger, he just happened to find a metal pipe and get a hold of it! OK!!!!

Good on him but I suspect he was ready for trouble.

I don't understand .... did he find the pipe on the road and scooped it up with one free hand ?   when they say he found a pipe,  do they mean it was on his bike already and he just grabbed it and started swinging ? 

how do you find a pipe while moving on a bike right up close to the thief ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't understand .... did he find the pipe on the road and scooped it up with one free hand ?   when they say he found a pipe,  do they mean it was on his bike already and he just grabbed it and started swinging ? 

how do you find a pipe while moving on a bike right up close to the thief ?

Well I hope you aren't asking me as I am puzzled (and impressed) too!

• Haha 1