Final officer convicted on US state charges over George Floyd death

Social Media

2 hours ago, transam said:

Try watching YouTube vids on USA police doing their job, you will see many police trying to arrest nutters using knee on head, neck, whatever.......

OH, I forgot, you don't watch video's, even true life police video's................????

Incorrect, I don’t watch videos posted as ‘comments’ in this discussion forum.

I watch plenty of videos elsewhere.

Edited by Pink Mist
Portion advertising a YouTube Channel removed
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No one is suggesting that the correct outcome was death or that he deserved to die .

Point being that had he not resisted arrest and had he followed the Police  officers instructions then he wouldn't have been restrained and he wouldn't have died . 

He had not resisted and was handcuffed. He did resist, but only after being handcuffed. It did not justify putting a knee on his neck during more than 9 minutes. 

Edited by candide

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Floyd initially resisted being handcuffed and after he was handcuffed , he resisted being put in a Police car and that was why the Police forced him onto the ground .

Not resisting much, it seems

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDd5GlrgvsE

Anyway, What was your point, exactly. That he deserved what happened to him?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No one is suggesting that the correct outcome was death or that he deserved to die .

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Anyway, What was your point, exactly. That he deserved what happened to him?

Quite clearly that wasn't my point, as you can see from my post barely 30 minutes ago where I quite clearly stated that he didn't deserve to die 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Quite clearly that wasn't my point, as you can see from my post barely 30 minutes ago where I quite clearly stated that he didn't deserve to die 

Then we agree on the main issue.

57 minutes ago, transam said:

That's why I didn't look for one.............????

But hey, the Floyd case, the guy was a pillar of society..........????

If the bloke had got into the police car as asked, he would still be here now, but no, he only knows one way of life, which backfired...:whistling:

It’s not working out too good for his killer either.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not working out too good for his killer either.

"Killer", well, I wouldn't call it that, if they wanted to kill him, nobody would have seen it, now would they.....????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

"Killer", well, I wouldn't call it that, if they wanted to kill him, nobody would have seen it, now would they.....????

I’m not by what twisted logic you came to that conclusion.

The jury, who saw the evidence, heard the testimony and the legal arguments convicted Floyd’s killer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not by what twisted logic you came to that conclusion.

The jury, who saw the evidence, heard the testimony and the legal arguments convicted Floyd’s killer.

Four blokes trying to contain a 6'7" giant, high dope, yeh, riiiight....:unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Incorrect, I don’t watch videos posted as ‘comments’ in this discussion forum.

I watch plenty of videos elsewhere.

Good Lord, we agree on something! I like it too. 

Edited by Pink Mist
Advertorial for another channel edited out.
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2023 at 2:03 AM, EVENKEEL said:

It's shameful how we treat cops who are just doing their job.

What is their job? Serve and protect, which they failed in this case!

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

And in doing that, they have to arrest folk, which is what they were trying to do.......????

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

In this case, they were serving and protecting the shop in which a fake money was given to pay for goods and George Floyd refused to give the goods back when it was discovered the money was fake 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In this case, they were serving and protecting the shop in which a fake money was given to pay for goods and George Floyd refused to give the goods back when it was discovered the money was fake 

Can you provide a link to the statute that states suspects of tendering fake money shall be subject to extra judicial killing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, transam said:

And in doing that, they have to arrest folk, which is what they were trying to do.......????

The police had already arrested him.

Then Officer Chauvin took it upon himself to kill the suspect he had under arrest.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/justifies-arrest-probable-cause.html

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

100% agree.  Be calm, be polite, but assert your rights. Sadly, many American police forces do not recruit from, how can I say, the better members of society. Nor are they trained all that well, especially local and municipal police forces. They learn far too much about the "us vs them" paradigm and not enough about "serve and protect". 

Edited by Pink Mist
Reply to hidden post removed
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

100% agree.  Be calm, be polite, but assert your rights. Sadly, many American police forces do not recruit from, how can I say, the better members of society. Nor are they trained all that well, especially local and municipal police forces. They learn far too much about the "us vs them" paradigm and not enough about "serve and protect". 

I agree, but I think it’s a two way street.

I think education for citizens and training for cops is key.

I also think the militarization of the police is an added problem.

Policing is a complex issue, we need a lot less of the ‘simple fixes to complex problems’.

Removing bad cops to enable the very many good officers do the public service they signed up for is a good thing.

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This man did nothing wrong except keep people back. He was doing crowd control, nothing more.

This is clearly incorrect as shown by the evidence. He was standing by watching a handcuffed, unarmed man be killed. He also prevented him receiving medical attention. He aided and abetted manslaughter as decided by a jury and that is clear. If he was "just doing crowd control" he would have been acquitted.

My belief and opinion of which I'm entitled is that the guilty verdict was in part fear of a backlash in the community if he was found innocent. 

Yes, well you have a very blinkered view of things - that is very apparent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1