90 day Report online rejected - What happens when I do not report it?

My 90 day report was rejected online twice. Do not know why. 

I am living on a small island and to go to Immigration in person I need to take expensive speedboat and will need at least the whole day, if they take longer I even need to sleep on the mainland.

Am I right that the only penalty for not reporting is 2000 THB? When this will be collected, when I leave the country next time? Any other issues? 

Because if nothing else, it is more cheap and easy for me to just not report it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FarAway said:

2000 THB? When this will be collected

2000 to 5000 (max) thb

Will be collected when you turn up to extend your yearly extension of stay.

• Like 1

Is your visa extension date expiry within the new 90 day reporting extension? That was why my last 90 day report was denied. 90 day was due in April but since my Non Imm ext. was due in June they wouldn't approve it online. Funny thing is that when I went to an IO at a small satellite office they gave me the 90 day report for the entire 90 day period, next due in July so I don't understand why they bother to deny the online attempt. The IO even pointed out to me to make sure I was aware my Extension was due in June.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In OP's case when visiting his local Imm Office is extremely inconvenient, making use of the on-line 90-day report option or sending it by mail are his 2 alternatives. 

Obviously doing it on-line is the easiest, but unfortunately when it does not work, you are already too late for doing it by mail (although there are reports of people that used the mail method when on-line didn't work, and it was approved even when they reported 'too late').

So I would suggest you do it by mail (if you are not already past due date). 

If you are past due date, you might indeed consider to just forget the whole 90-day reporting thing.  When you have to visit your local Imm Office for your next 1-year extension, they will then fine you 2.000,- THB and that is irrespective how late you are (ranging from 1 day past 6-day grace period to almost 9 months).

However if you are stopped by Police for any reason and they notice that your 90-day report has not been done, you will have to pay a 5.000,- THB fine (which can be augmented with 200 THB for every day past due date). 

As the risk for the above is small, there are indeed people that never do their 90-day reporting and when they apply for their 1-year extension then pay the 2.000 THB fine with a smile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Soondae said:

Is your visa extension date expiry within the new 90 day reporting extension? That was why my last 90 day report was denied. 90 day was due in April but since my Non Imm ext. was due in June they wouldn't approve it online. Funny thing is that when I went to an IO at a small satellite office they gave me the 90 day report for the entire 90 day period, next due in July so I don't understand why they bother to deny the online attempt. The IO even pointed out to me to make sure I was aware my Extension was due in June.

Not sure where your immigration office is but mine is ChiangMai and I had the same problem last year

and again this year in that like you my 90-day report was done online in April.  Last year and this year,

I only got an extension before my next due date on the date of my 1-year long stay date in June.  I see

no problem though as I will go my yearly extension and then again online for the following report in June.

5 minutes ago, patman30 said:

how many days in advance where you trying?
never done online but iirc it must be between 15 and 7 days prior to the report date
maybe someone will chirp in and confirm how many days prior it must be

It is now 15 up to days before including the due by date. 15-7 which there was never any need for, was scrapped.

Edited by mokwit

4 minutes ago, patman30 said:

how many days in advance where you trying?
never done online but iirc it must be between 15 and 7 days prior to the report date
maybe someone will chirp in and confirm how many days prior it must be

You can now report online up to the due date.

• Thanks 1

Not so far mentioned is that you will get a large red stamp in your passport pointing out this crime of failing to report.

This will probably will not have any consequences, although the Elite visa system does appear to be sensitive to such infractions in your past.

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

In OP's case when visiting his local Imm Office is extremely inconvenient, making use of the on-line 90-day report option or sending it by mail are his 2 alternatives. 

Obviously doing it on-line is the easiest, but unfortunately when it does not work, you are already too late for doing it by mail (although there are reports of people that used the mail method when on-line didn't work, and it was approved even when they reported 'too late').

So I would suggest you do it by mail (if you are not already past due date). 

If you are past due date, you might indeed consider to just forget the whole 90-day reporting thing.  When you have to visit your local Imm Office for your next 1-year extension, they will then fine you 2.000,- THB and that is irrespective how late you are (ranging from 1 day past 6-day grace period to almost 9 months).

However if you are stopped by Police for any reason and they notice that your 90-day report has not been done, you will have to pay a 5.000,- THB fine (which can be augmented with 200 THB for every day past due date). 

As the risk for the above is small, there are indeed people that never do their 90-day reporting and when they apply for their 1-year extension then pay the 2.000 THB fine with a smile.

in 35 years in Phuket have never been asked by police to show my passport an really the only time i have been asked for it, was when checking into a hotel or  near Thai/Burmese border ( between Tak and Mae hong son) at a border checkpoints further up north as well

IN PHUKET its 2,000 baht if you desire a receipt< 1,000 without

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

You can now report online up to the due date.

About 2 weeks ago now I did my 90 day online 5 days before it was due.  It was pending until the due date at which time I got a rejection notice.  I did not say why it was rejected.  I went in to the office the same day to do my 90 day in person.  I asked the officer why it was rejected.  He told me I did not do it soon enough and needed to do it 14 days before.  This was in Ratchaburi.

10 minutes ago, rwill said:

About 2 weeks ago now I did my 90 day online 5 days before it was due.  It was pending until the due date at which time I got a rejection notice.  I did not say why it was rejected.  I went in to the office the same day to do my 90 day in person.  I asked the officer why it was rejected.  He told me I did not do it soon enough and needed to do it 14 days before.  This was in Ratchaburi.

Ignorance of an IO again...... you can report up until the due date.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Ignorance of an IO again...... you can report up until the due date.

Sure it will accept your application.  That doesn't mean it will get approved though.

4 hours ago, Presnock said:

Not sure where your immigration office is but mine is ChiangMai and I had the same problem last year

and again this year in that like you my 90-day report was done online in April.  Last year and this year,

I only got an extension before my next due date on the date of my 1-year long stay date in June.  I see

no problem though as I will go my yearly extension and then again online for the following report in June.

I am in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province (Hua Hin) however I'm not sure if the online 90 day reports are done at BK or if they forward them to your local office? Anybody know how that is handled? But the strange thing about my situation this year is they extended the next due 90 day report past my visa extension date.

38 minutes ago, Soondae said:

But the strange thing about my situation this year is they extended the next due 90 day report past my visa extension date.

What is strange about that?

That happens every year to me.

Extensions and 90 day reports are completely separate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, problemfarang said:

not being sarcastic but the boat trip is more than 2000 or 5000 baht? plus its something you need to do.

i would take the trip

No boat trip return is just 900 THB. But then add at least 700 THB for taxi from Pier to Immigration and back and then we are at almost 2000 THB. Cannot eat cooked food from my wife but need to eat outside.

Not even taking into account the around 8 hours I will need for everything and the value of an hour of my time, just that its not worth it.

I do not care what I "need to do", I just care about the ratio of benefits doing it vs the benefits not doing it.

The benefit of doing it while it worked online within 3 minutes every 90 days was definitely there.

But now the benefit of not doing it is way bigger. Money-wise the same and saving a whole day of my life, no stress and senseless traveling, easy.

I do not care paying 2000 THB or whatsoever when fined. I just wanted to make sure that there is no criminal penalty beside the small fine, seems like it isn't, which is great.  Thanks, thread can be closed.

Edited by FarAway
  • Thumbs Up 1