Italian Man Has a Meltdown on His Balcony in Pattaya, Blames Marijuana

webfact

This was obviously the result of meth. He just never got to taking off his shorts and underwear, to remove all doubt

Even though it is true that marijuana leads to more schizophrenia in some ppl. That doesn't mean full blown schizo episodes like this. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rice555 said:

Not to be a "nitpicker", you posted about about weed after

the info that "he"(40, not a youth) was on speed.

This should be about the "crime", not your beliefs/stand/dislikes

of weed/drugs/booze.

rice555

Fair criticism!  Yes, my mistake, sorry for any confusion... cheers.  In my defense, the Title is still "blah blah Marijuana" so it's not really offtopic technically!  If we want to get lawyerly... ;-). 

Edited by wealthychef
  • Like 1

Throwing refrigerators off the balcony, its called being mentally ill and thats what this clearly is. Go ahead blame pot, but what you'll never know is what he would have done if he didn't smoke pot, maybe a nice well thought out calculated mass shooting spree? He probably also had some spicy food with lots of msg, so lets also blame Thai food for what happened.

Edited by Gilligan In Drag

On 5/6/2023 at 1:24 PM, Bday Prang said:

The addition of methamphetamine to cannabis ?  what would be the point?   Cannabis users are not looking for a meth experience and it is not so cheap that it would be worth using to increase the weight , The only reason I could see this happening would be as an incredibly malicious, stupid and dangerous prank akin to spiking someone's drink with something like rohypnol . 

I'm not saying it has never happened  but it would be extremely rare and hardly a way of engendering repeat business or increasing profit I am certain it would never happen at any cannabis dispensary .

Perhaps a particularly unscrupulous and sadistic person might consider doing it, maybe to one of their "mates" as a sick joke,  but to a stranger? what would be the point unless they were going to stick around and see the effects?

Spiked with yaba:

An Italian man caused a scene in Pattaya on Wednesday when he threw furniture off a balcony in Pattaya. He blamed cannabis for his behaviour however later tested positive for “Ice,” aka meth.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Crystal methamphetamine, and Ketamine, seem to be on the upswing here, based on the large busts of these drugs recently.

These are hundreds of Kilograms being siezed.

Just today police siezed 650 Kilograms of crystal methamphetamine in Saraburi. Twelve were arrested, they said they had made three previously successful runs. I suspect most of this is transhipping from Myanmar through Thailand and then on to far away shores. Australia seems like a popular destination, based on past busts at outbound ports here. But a lot falls off the truck, and gets smoked here.

I don't believe anyone is "lacing" cannabis with meth (yaba/pills, or Ice). There would no reason to do such a thing.

We should probably prepare for more refrigerator tossing.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, smew said:

Spiked with yaba:

An Italian man caused a scene in Pattaya on Wednesday when he threw furniture off a balcony in Pattaya. He blamed cannabis for his behaviour however later tested positive for “Ice,” aka meth.

but no cannabis was detected so it obviously was not cannabis laced with meth     it was just meth !

Your belief in the words of a fridge throwing mad man is astonishing

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, smew said:

Spiked with yaba:

"Spiked with Yaba"...hrhrhr.

Simple story: the moron blamed Cannabis because he could get away with it. Not so with meth.

But the reborn-Harry J. Anslinger-brigade will never learn.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

but no cannabis was detected so it obviously was not cannabis laced with meth     it was just meth !

Yet you choose not to believe him as it suits your agenda? Probably simpler than that, one is legal, somewhat, we aren't sure yet, the other, definitely not. 

• Confused 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:58 AM, webfact said:

An Italian man suspected of being high on marijuana hurled several items including a refrigerator at people

It was reported on the local radio station this guy has mental health issues. All damages have been paid by relatives back in Italy. 

They should look at having a machine to detect people who have mental health issues at the airport customs area. 

Seems to be so many tourists coming to Thailand with these problems. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It was reported on the local radio station this guy has mental health issues. All damages have been paid by relatives back in Italy.

Hmm. I wonder if he will simply be deported rather than being prosecuted for what appears to be several serious violations of the law?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yet you choose not to believe him as it suits your agenda? Probably simpler than that, one is legal, somewhat, we aren't sure yet, the other, definitely not. 

NO!  I choose not to believe him because he is obviously a meth head nut job who has thrown a fridge out of the window, I would not believe anything he said ! 

The fact that, despite the headline and his claims, there are   no reports of cannabis in his system is also a strong indication that he was not smoking cannabis, 

As to why he claimed he had ingested cannabis, well as you said yourself one is legal and one is not, that would be a pretty  good reason for him to lie, which he did , but he got caught out by a blood test. Had cannabis been present in his system do you really think that would be overlooked ?

It is you, who is trying to further your own anti cannabis agenda by completely ignoring the facts, why else would you do so

I hope you are never selected for jury service , you appear to be  incapable of analysing the  evidence and facts as presented to you. Descending predictably into your own "reefer madness" fantasy 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

They should look at having a machine to detect people who have mental health issues at the airport customs area. 

Seems to be so many tourists coming to Thailand with these problems. 

If there was such a machine it would make sense to have them situated at immigration offices up and down the country too, as I'm sure mental health "issues" are not unique to tourists ,  

A "mad guys out"  initiative  would send a shiver down the spines of a few expats

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

It is you, who is trying to further your own anti cannabis agenda by completely ignoring the facts, why else would you do so

I hope you are never selected for jury service , you appear to be  incapable of analysing the  evidence and facts as presented to you. Descending predictably into your own "reefer madness" fantasy 

You need to wind your head in.... something is making you rant and rave! What you smoking?

43 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

If there was such a machine it would make sense to have them situated at immigration offices up and down the country too, as I'm sure mental health "issues" are not unique to tourists ,  

A "mad guys out"  initiative  would send a shiver down the spines of a few expats

Great comment. 

If there was such a machine hopefully these expats would be filtered out before entering. 

I totally agree. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

16 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

cannabis found in his room

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Unsmoked. Legal.

Seems simple enough but folks be havin' problems understanding basic facts.

That's not a fact, it's an assumption.  We don't know whether he had smoked cannabis.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

That's not a fact, it's an assumption.  We don't know whether he had smoked cannabis.

Sheesh you're persistent.

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Unsmoked. Legal.

Cannabis was "found". "Found" cannabis is unsmoked. That's fact your honor.

Did he smoke some of the cannabis? Dunno. Irrelevant. Cannabis is LEGAL.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You need to wind your head in.... something is making you rant and rave! What you smoking?

"ranting and raving" ??  It's not me who said "you need to wind your head in" (actually the phrase you were looking for I believe  is  "wind your neck in")

May I suggest that you calm down, before you break another keyboard. 

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Great comment. 

If there was such a machine hopefully these expats would be filtered out before entering. 

I totally agree. ????

Some are probably reasonably sane when they first arrive here, but if there was a regular check  say every 90 days, the ones who are losing it could be quickly identified and humanely repatriated, 

13 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

"ranting and raving" ??  It's not me who said "you need to wind your head in" (actually the phrase you were looking for I believe  is  "wind your neck in")

May I suggest that you calm down, before you break another keyboard. 

I thought you probably didn't have a neck!

On 5/4/2023 at 5:18 PM, jacko45k said:

Speak to the people who wrote the article...... that is the impression it leaves. You are the dumb one for claiming otherwise, actually knowing nothing.   

I must admit. I suspect an alcohol bender, or other substances (along with the weed), were in the mix. Well, after he has paid for the fridge, and the TV and whatever else he got off the balcony, paid a bit to the boys in brown, get rid of him..... ie deport. The reality is  he could have done some innocent  person on the street below, serious injury. 

Alcohol and weed together?…

the dude would have “greened out”.

He wouldn’t have been able to walk out to the balcony let alone lift a fridge. (I know a guy who told me this)

Edited by Roosterlips
Mis-key. Mistake.

Ya ice!!!

I wonder if they did a blood test on him? ????

It's way too simplistic to surmise that because he had cannabis in his possession that that was the cause of his meltdown.

There's definitely other things in the mix....volatile Italian temperament, dumped by his girlfriend, discovered his "girlfriend" was actually a lady boy, ordered pizza, got delivered a Subway..... 

15 minutes ago, Grandpa Cool said:

Ya ice!!!

I wonder if they did a blood test on him? ????

It's way too simplistic to surmise that because he had cannabis in his possession that that was the cause of his meltdown.

There's definitely other things in the mix....volatile Italian temperament, dumped by his girlfriend, discovered his "girlfriend" was actually a lady boy, ordered pizza, got delivered a Subway..... 

Hiss Pizza came with Pineapple on it ...  That would do it!