If Thailand Had More than Just the Cold Season, The Hot Season, and The Smoky Season, would the Music Here be Music?...Instead of What it IS?

Thailand has been missing a fourth season for centuries. And, I wonder if this missing fourth season is responsible for all the problems with the Popular "Music" here, and I am referring to the So-called Music.

If Thailand had Four Seasons, then would Thai music sound more like this?......

I grew up listening to Karajan in Philly, where he was sort of a GOD on the local classical radio station.

It was always Karajan this, and Karajan that.

I love Karajan, despite his questionable affiliation, historically speaking.

Anyway, I never care about what an artists thinks.

I only care about the art he produces.

Wagner, for example, I also have no problems with.

The ONLY thing I have problems with is the "So-Called Music" here.

Why can't they play something I enjoy listening to???

Have they never listened to serious music in their lives, for example?

By the way, I also love listening to Chinese classical music, played on guzheng, erhu, etc.

And, I enjoy the Thai music played on traditional instruments, provided that this music is not too far from Chinese music.

They do say that those who enjoy classical music have a far higher IQ, and I am sure this is true.

Some scientists have actually done a few studies proving that listeners of classical music are smarter, and by a LOT.

This does not mean that if you listen to classical music that you will gain a few IQ points, and far from it.

Because, if you are able to think that, then you are way LEFT on the IQ curve.

I met some smart guys at the local university here. But, even they didn't know any JS Bach tunes.

Vivaldi is my second go to composer, after JS Bach.

And who does not just die for all kinds of Baroque?

So, anyway...

Just sayin'...

Regards,

Gamma

• Confused 4
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Vivaldi is my second go to composer, after JS Bach

31 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

They do say that those who enjoy classical music have a far higher IQ, and I am sure this is true.

Are you just trying to say that you have a superior IQ ??  ????

• Confused 1

Some days, I wish I spoke more-fluent German.

Fortunately, some of JS Bach you can understand without German if you just Close your Eyes, click your heels together three times, and repeat, "There is no God Like Bach. There is NO God like Bach.  There is NO GOD like Bach!"

It really seems almost incredible that this interview was conducted over 45 years ago. Those were the good old days when great music was all around us.

This world seems to be going to heck in a handbasket, and great music is important.

Note:  When I say this interview was conducted years ago, this is an example of punning.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1