Pattaya mayor defends delayed drainage pipe project

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya mayor defends pipe project, photo by Pattaya Mail.

by Top

After facing complaints from some residents, Pattaya Mayor Poramet Ngampichet defended the delayed drainage pipe project under the railway-parallel road. However, the mayor delivered disappointing news regarding its completion at a public forum held on May 3 in the Chumsai Community. The forum provided local residents the opportunity to voice their concerns and complaints about the city’s infrastructure and services.

The main complaint residents raised was the overdue completion of the disruptive roadwork along the railway tracks. They expressed their frustration with the ongoing flooding that the project is supposed to address, as well as the constant construction, congestion, and detours it has caused.

In response, Poramet defended the project, stating it would solve the issue of water flowing downhill into Pattaya from Nong Prue. However, when questioned about the project timeline, he revealed the work would be on hold until at least October.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/pattaya-mayor-defends-delayed-drainage-project-with-completion-on-hold-until-october

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm sure that around the area where the mayor lives there aren't any dug up roads and road works that have been going on for years with seemingly no end.

Opposite to Prayut he has all kinds of road and bridge jobs going on around his home town Korat.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

he revealed the work would be on hold until at least October.

And left as a complete mess in the interim.

How many darned years has this particular project been going on...2 or more? Was it absolutely necessary to start works on the alternate route, Sukhumvit, at the same time! 

Useless and no solutions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I find it amazing someone in his position allowed a critical forum like this to take place; besides flooding, did anyone mention Pattaya's invisible police or marauding dogs?

I believe this guy is relatively new to the post of Mayor and has inherited the incompetencies of his predecessor. At least he is engaging with his constituents

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

October......Hmmmm.............Must be when the new budget comes out, and he has skimmed his % off the top. 

My understanding is that he has only recently been elected as Mayor. He has inherited the results of incompetency and corruption of his predecessors. You are probably correct that October is when the new budget is set. I suspect that until then his hands are tied because his corrupt predecessor spent everything. At least he is engaging with his constituents, which his predecessors did not

• Thanks 1

I used the alternate route home yesterday...the motorway. Stationary some places, tailback at the toll booths. Even the modern bits of the road network fail during a holiday weekend. Junction 3rd and Klang, tailback to Soi Excite yesterday. Longer queues at the voting places!

Edited by jacko45k