Hotel warns of pretty woman who dodges room fees, leaves mess and bloodstains

webfact

27 minutes ago, xeniv23 said:

I'm an expat living here about three years now.  Been fortunate to make some good Thai friends.  One thing I have noticed and puzzled about is how Thai employers and business owners, in at least some instances, are very exploitative toward their workers; the people who actually make their wealth possible.  I don't understand that entitled mindset, no matter the country.  

Same everywhere. Only laws that stop dodgy bosses in the west.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussienam said:

Beautiful women (Thai pretties) in Thailand (like other countries) (...)

There are no "pretties" in the Thai sense in other countries as, for example, in BE pretties: (1) has a negative, mainly derogatory connotation for some women, or

(2) it refers to things.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

My daughter works for a well known hotel group ,on front desk ,

she has not been made to pay for any skipping guest ...yet ,as

I suppose they take their credit card details , BUT  is expected

to work 1-2.5 hours overtime ,until all the work is done ,without

any overtime payment....

Been a businessman (retired) I was never one for workers rights,

but still treated my workers good , here they treat them like $hit,

regards worgeordie

Its been my experience in every industry I worked in that when you treat your employees correctly, fairly and like real people and not servants, they will typically bend over backward for you. Sure a few will try to slide but the good ones will generally call them out. I also never asked an employee to do something I wouldn't do myself and often made a point of them seeing me do those same tasks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

They certainly should have a name and I'd card copy from her registering\checking in. 

As for the owner charging  the staff for the losses that's completely and utterly being an ahole and he should be reported on social media and to the labor board. Scumbag of an owner and I hope his employees all look for and find new jobs and dump his a$$

"As for the owner charging  the staff for the losses that's completely and utterly being an ahole"

AFAIK that is what happens throughout the retail/hospitality/entertainment sector.

The same "principle" may prevail in other sectors as well (others welcome to correct me if I'm wrong)

Ergo I look upon all employers in Thailand as Holes of the Ass.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

My daughter works for a well known hotel group ,on front desk ,

she has not been made to pay for any skipping guest ...yet ,as

I suppose they take their credit card details , BUT  is expected

to work 1-2.5 hours overtime ,until all the work is done ,without

any overtime payment....

Been a businessman (retired) I was never one for workers rights,

but still treated my workers good , here they treat them like $hit,

regards worgeordie

Indeed, in Thailand all bosses truly are See You Next Tuesdays.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

"As for the owner charging  the staff for the losses that's completely and utterly being an ahole"

AFAIK that is what happens throughout the retail/hospitality/entertainment sector.

The same "principle" may prevail in other sectors as well (others welcome to correct me if I'm wrong)

Ergo I look upon all employers in Thailand as Holes of the Ass.

Thailand is the only country I've ever seen, or heard of doing this sort of thing and no its not just in hotels, restaurants' and pretty much within the whole tourist industry { not all but thats where it's centered} and if the employer\establishment does this they are indeed aholes. Personally, when I've heard of places with these policies they no longer get my business nor anyone I know 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees, who had to spend their hard-earned salaries to cover the bill for this unknown guest.

Why? What fault is it of the staff? Does the hotel not have insurance? And does the hotel not only accept guests who pay with a credit card? If not, why not? I've been here for 27 years and still don't understand Thai thinking. They live on another planet. Sorry, i mean they have a different culture where it's always someone else's fault (in this case, not the management or owners).

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

A hotel owner in Udon Thani province has posted a warning for other hotel operators about a pretty 25 year old woman who has not only avoided paying her hotel bill, but also left her room in a miserable state.

Great, but posting a picture with a blurred photo will not make it easy for other hotels

Thai logic in full flow with a total absence of common sense.

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

As for the owner charging  the staff for the losses that's completely and utterly being an ahole and he should be reported on social media

And then he can sue for damaging his reputation, which it does, so he would win. That's the way Thai law works.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And then he can sue for damaging his reputation, which it does, so he would win. That's the way Thai law works.

That's so over quoted here all the time and has seldom happened except for large conpanies trying to avoid paying wages for overtime and bad worker treatment. It's threatened by politicians that are caught out in corruption and quickly falls out of the news

The closest a normal person has come was a guy posting on a online travel site a bad review. 

Stop spreading nonsense fear.

The worse that's happened is they  call you both in and negotiate.  

On 5/6/2023 at 11:04 AM, JoePai said:

Ultimately, the responsibility for paying for the damage fell on the hotel employees

Why ?????

It seems to be common practice here to make employees pay when something goes wrong or they make a mistake. Take exchanging money as an example, bank tellers have consistently rejected some of our U.S. bills even though they are unmarked and crisp, they also reject them if they have a wrinkle or fold. When we asked why, we were told that if there is a problem with the bank getting the money accepted by other institutions the teller is held responsible.

The same thing happens when cashiers at stores, they often recount your change several times because if they make a mistake it is taken out of their wages. These are just a couple of examples, but there are many others. I mark it up to one of the things that I don't particularly agree with or understand, but my world view is totally different also.