Scoop: Tucker Carlson ready to torch Fox News

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Freedman is a smart, talented, and vicious lawyer.  He will get what Tucker wants done. Hell, even Don Lemon has retained Freedman for the same reason.  

Might take a while, but you will see The Tucker back in media in some form.  Fox is feeling the wrath now of jilted viewers who are going elsewhere, and it isn&t going to improve any time soon.

Related news, I was shocked at listening to the ratings for The Daily Show. In the last season with Jon Stewart in 2015, they averaged 1.3 million views. These days with Trevor Noah, they are down to less than 400,000 and doing even worse in the key demographic group.  I guess talent DOES matter!

I suspect we will Carlson back in the media, but perhaps not as you imagine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

America loves a 'persecuted victim' so for my money, Tucker will win this conflict. But $20 a year to sit back and do nothing....that would really tempt me.,

"$20 a year to sit back and do nothing..."

He doesn't need it, never mind the $20,000,000 p.a. that was actually mentioned.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Bill O was older when he was dropped. He was also embroiled in a very easy to understand scandal (sexual harrassment).  A lot of his viewers rightly were disgusted by his behavior and could see the reason he needed to go. Not so here. Fox is really dropping the ball by the drip drip drip of innuendo and leaks without coming out and saying exactly their reason for cancelling Tucker.  Bill's time was also long before the power of podcasts, independent media, etc.  

O’Reilly’s viewerships actually increased at the time of the controversy. In fact his viewers encouraged him to fight the allegation. It’s the dropped in advertising revenues that got him fired. Age was not a factor with his viewers. His No Spin Twitter podcast was a dismal failure. By the way, he was fired in 2017; not a long time ago. Fox is holding back their treasure trove of Tucker’s information and watching his move. Without Fox, Tucker will be a forgotten man as a commentary conservative outlet.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:
2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Lots of truth too, guess you watch CNN lol

So I gathered that you have not stopped watching Fox even after they lose the defamation case for lying and misinformation. No wonder you sound confused. 

Seems that you're the one who is confused, FNC did not "lose the case for lying and misinformation", it did not even get to court!

• Confused 2

That's great news.

The people on the right will have the choice between right-wing and extreme right.

The people in the center won't be interested (anymore). So there will be a clear majority against fox and tucker and whatever.

Win/win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

So your' still thinking is he will rise again?

Even though he has the record of firings so far!

PBS Fired

CNN Fired

MSNBC Fired

Fox News Fired

Yes, he's done so badly for himself, hasn't he?

Incidentally, he was not "fired" from PBS, nor CNN and is still "employed" under his contract with Fox.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Incidentally, he was not "fired" from PBS, nor CNN and is still "employed" under his contract with Fox.

I thought cancelled was the same as fired! Can you prove with any links as to him not being cancelled or fired please?

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:
19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I thought cancelled was the same as fired! Can you prove with any links as to him not being cancelled or fired please?

"I thought cancelled was the same as fired!"

Why would you think that?

"Can you prove with any links as to him not being cancelled or fired please?"

Can you prove with any links as to him being fired please?  There's lots of verifiable information about him that's easily available and I'm referring to "firings", not "cancellations", whatever that is. supposed to mean

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I thought cancelled was the same as fired!"

Why would you think that?

"Can you prove with any links as to him not being cancelled or fired please?"

Can you prove with any links as to him being fired please?  There's lots of verifiable information about him that's easily available and I'm referring to "firings", not "cancellations", whatever that is. supposed to mean

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_Carlson

I guess "no longer employed" or "doesn't have a job here anymore" is the most accurate wording. 

Edited by earlinclaifornia

38 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:
41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seems that you're the one who is confused, FNC did not "lose the case for lying and misinformation", it did not even get to court!

That enormously big settlement was an admission of guilt. 

Actually, it definitely wasn't!...that's just your opinion of something that you know nothing about (unless you're on the FNC board) because it didn't get to court.   Don't forget when you're throwing around your "admissions of guilt" that Dominion also accepted not to proceed with the court case!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I would bet tucker's audience has an average IQ 1-2 standard deviations left of the mean on the Bell Curve.

I would bet his audience also earns a std dev or two less than the average US worker.

I would bet tucker has upwards of 95% of all US Incels in his audience.

Really, what network WOULDN'T want that kind of demographic !  LOL. Chewing tobacco companies, latex doll makers, bankruptcy lawyers, and the Pillow Guy are probably chomping at the bit to see where tucker lands.

"I would bet tucker's audience has an average IQ 1-2 standard deviations left of the mean on the Bell Curve".

Clearly you must be part of his audience to have that much (bizarre, false) information.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Fox, which has seen its ratings plunge in Carlson's slot since he was let go 13 days ago

What a truly sad indictment of so many American's and their totally distorted beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Berkshire said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...for lying and misinformation".

Huh?  Where did you get that gem from, I thought that the case did not get to court?

Wow man, you're really out-of-touch.  Try Google.  The case didn't go to court because Fox settled, i.e., admitted they lied and paid off the plaintiff to avoid a long and embarrassing public spectacle.

Wow, "man", you're the one who's out of touch.  Fox did not admit that they lied and paid off the plaintiff to avoid a long and embarrassing public spectacle.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wow, "man", you're the one who's out of touch.  Fox did not admit that they lied and paid off the plaintiff to avoid a long and embarrassing public spectacle.

As I understand it, court cases are for US dollars as settlement option only. Apologies are not derived from a jury's option.