Minister admits local election results 'not good' for Tories as Labour vows 'best is yet to come'

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s pretty obvious from my experience   (Last updated in February 2023) the NHS is being well managed and the root cause of its problems is chronic underfunding.

I’ll get a new update when I’m in daily contact with NHS services starting again around the third week of this month.

Under staffed more like it. 

My daughter is on permanent overtime,  which ain't right. 

So underfunded comes into it in someway not good. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Exactly , understaffed due to underfunding funding and failing to retain staff by means of low pay rises…. Oh and that other Tory thing that gave rise to staff departures.

Yeah i guess govt letting NHS management hiring agencies which includes nurses etc etc don't help, that money could go to NHS staff employed people.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Holding hands and singing kumbaya isn't going to bring world peace, and pretending brexit is over is ostrich thinking.

Fair call but at my age If can't really say what I want to on here now. 

I couldn't care less is fair enough. 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Under staffed more like it. 

My daughter is on permanent overtime,  which ain't right. 

So underfunded comes into it in someway not good. 

In terms of the topic under discussion I think the only Brexit issue is ‘failed expectations’.

The Tories sold Brexit on the basis of promises of a better future for the people of the UK, they raised expectations that have not been met.

Voters have responded accordingly.

The Tory Brexit Bus has crashed.

I look forward to the next General Election.

In the meantime I’ll enjoy the Tories at each other’s throats as the impact of the local election on the prospects of individual Tory MPs finds it’s mark.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

A reported off-topic post has been removed as well as a series of Trolling, Baiting and bickering posts.  This OP has nothing to do with other OP's and what's been posted in them. 

The Bickering and Baiting will stop or you will both, and you know who you are, will be taking a holiday from posting.  Remain civil towards each other and stop the back and forth trolling shenanigans.

The OP is:

Minister admits local election results 'not good' for Tories as Labour vows 'best is yet to come'

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Typically vague. Ain't nothing going to compensate for losing unfettered access to a free trade zone consisting of 500 million people. At least some diehard Brexit supports say it's worth it if that's the price of freedom. That's a ridiculous argument but at least it acknowledges the loss.

There's you and your crystal ball again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually not. If anyone's invoking magical thinking, it's Brexit supporters who believe that somehow it will end up being a net plus for the UK economy. What I'm doing is projecting from the known to predict the future. What you're doing is projecting from magical thinking into the future.

Both predicting. Who knows what might happen?

Good luck with your predictions.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In terms of the topic under discussion I think the only Brexit issue is ‘failed expectations’.

The Tories sold Brexit on the basis of promises of a better future for the people of the UK, they raised expectations that have not been met.

Voters have responded accordingly.

The Tory Brexit Bus has crashed.

I look forward to the next General Election.

In the meantime I’ll enjoy the Tories at each other’s throats as the impact of the local election on the prospects of individual Tory MPs finds it’s mark.

Fair call but my thoughts are still that Brexit got clobbered by Covid affecting not just UK, the world and then on top of that the war causing high fuel price's with Russia suppliers given the heave ho.

My thoughts again are who ever gets elected next they can't do any better. 

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s at least a 4% boost to economic growth begging to be plucked from the Tory Brexit mess.

Nobody voted for the trade barriers the Tories decided to erect between the UK and its largest trading partner. 

Didn't Democracy give the biggest Tory majority over the dithering of Brexit.

Barriers could be the problem with likes of EU IMHO why does the EU not trade with everyone around the world.

Well it's too late now, not me thankfully but time for UK people to deal with it like it or not.

If Rishi thinks he can get things on track and the population feel it before calling the next election I would still think the contrary UK will still want a change.

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody voted for the trade barriers the Tories decided to erect between the UK and its largest trading partner. 

They voted to leave the European Union. 

Labour have a long way to go before they can defeat the Conservatives in a General Election. Not least of all the rampant anti-semitism that has been plaguing the party for many years and raised it's ugly head again recently.

https://news.sky.com/story/diane-abbott-accused-of-hateful-antisemitism-after-suggesting-jews-do-not-face-racism-12864141

There is no doubt that the conservatives have been weak on issues like immigration, but why would anyone vote for a party that is even weaker?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They voted to leave the European Union. 

Labour have a long way to go before they can defeat the Conservatives in a General Election. Not least of all the rampant anti-semitism that has been plaguing the party for many years and raised it's ugly head again recently.

https://news.sky.com/story/diane-abbott-accused-of-hateful-antisemitism-after-suggesting-jews-do-not-face-racism-12864141

There is no doubt that the conservatives have been weak on issues like immigration, but why would anyone vote for a party that is even weaker?

Nobody voted to be poorer.

Obviously the electorate didn’t pay a lot of attention to Dianne Abbot when they went to the ballot box last week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody voted to be poorer.

An inane trope. 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Obviously the electorate didn’t pay a lot of attention to Dianne Abbot when they went to the ballot box last week.

Last week's vote didn't determine who would run the country.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Last week’s vote is the subject of discussion.

Much as you'd like to dismiss my salient point from the discussion, I'm afraid it's very much relevant.

You see, last week's vote is part of the subject of discussion.

The other part is "Labour vows best is yet to come". On this part, I would beg to differ. I'd say they've peaked and when it comes to who leads the country, people will forget last week's little protest vote and once again vote for the Conservatives and not the party with a long history of anti-semitism and destroying the economy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1