Bank Transfer Tracking App

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ask your sending and receiving banks.

The receiving bank needs some information about the transfer (I think it's a number) which the sending bank can give you.

You ever tried 'phoning Bkk's call center?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rabiedabruce said:

or is it merely the surfeit of public holidays last week holding it up?

I initiated a WISE transfer on Wed May 3rd.

Usually the money is announced to arrive next day.

This time it was announced for today May 8th.

Will be on the account in the afternoon.

So for WISE the whole four day period from May 4th to May 7th was "dead".

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I initiated a WISE transfer on Wed May 3rd.

Usually the money is announced to arrive next day.

This time it was announced for today May 8th.

Will be on the account in the afternoon.

So for WISE the whole four day period from May 4th to May 7th was "dead".

the 4th and 5th were holidays and the 6th  and 7th were the weekend 

Edited by Everyman

19 minutes ago, Everyman said:

the 5th and 6th were holidays and the 7th and 8th were the weekend 

1, 4 and 5 May were bank holidays and weekends don't count.

So in answer to the OP, I would expect you'll receive funds on your account later today or tomorrow.

1 May was also bank holiday in UK so funds wouldn't have been f/x'd and sent to LoS until 2 May.

Edited by torturedsole
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

1, 4 and 5 May were bank holidays and weekends don't count.

So in answer to the OP, I would expect you'll receive funds on your account later today or tomorrow.

I initiated a Wise transfer at 4am on Monday morning last week, 1st May (Bank Holiday????) As I ticked 'For Long Term Stay' I expected it, as usual, to arrive the next day, Tuesday at 2pm. But no, it was in my Bank in 9 seconds BUT it went via Kasikorn Bank and so arrived as a transfer from a local bank and not an FTT.

Tried to talk to both banks about getting an FET, or Thor Tor 3, but a brick wall is there. Hope the IO will see through it and still give extension in December, I have Wise papers showing the transfer. 

3 hours ago, rabiedabruce said:

Anyone know of a reliable tracking app

No such thing.  How could a commercial third party app legally get access other people's banking transactions?   Just call the bank and ask them about it.  Was it sent via SWIFT, which can take two or three working business days in normal circumstances? 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

1 May was also bank holiday in UK so funds wouldn't have been f/x'd and sent to LoS until 2 May.

Wow, you think that his bank still does International payments by fax?  Perhaps there was a paper jam in the fax machine?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wow, your bank still does International payments by fax?

It depends how the funds are sent and I don't send funds to Bangkok Bank through my UK bank as too expensive.  And no bank uses fax to transfer funds and never has.

I currently use a company called Xendpay and they only transfer funds by Swift so usual 2-4 days but I used to use Azimo and they were able to make instant transfers (for a small additional fee, of course).  But if there's a public holiday in either UK and/or LoS (including weekend public holidays in LoS) then one is not able to make an instant transfer anyway.

Notwithstanding, I don't need to make instant transfers as happy to wait. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wow, you think that his bank still does International payments by fax?  Perhaps there was a paper jam in the fax machine?

F/X means to convert GBP to THB, aka foreign exchange.

I hope this helps.

Edited by torturedsole
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Started mine (wise)on the 4th it was supposed to arrive on the 8th

its not showing in Bkk bank

If sent for FTT (immigration) will not arrive until after 1400 - wait a few minutes. 

Although expect with 4 days off in a row there could be other delays today.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, rabiedabruce said:

Schlepping up to your far flung branch and speaking with a clueless human?

That reminds me about when I had a question for DTAC. I was in a shopping mall with a DTAC shop, and I asked them about the issue. What did they do? They called the DTAC helpline and gave me the phone to talk to them.

Great customer service...

• Love It 1

How do you transfer money to Bangkok? Do you use your bank to do the transfer or another means? I always use Wise and you can see the progress with that. If, as it sounds, the transfer has left your bank contact your bank and they can give you all the information you need to trace the transfer. That that to the receiving bank and they can find it for you.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

If sent for FTT (immigration) will not arrive until after 1400 - wait a few minutes. 

Although expect with 4 days off in a row there could be other delays today.

2 pm it is

On 5/8/2023 at 1:09 PM, KannikaP said:

I initiated a Wise transfer at 4am on Monday morning last week, 1st May (Bank Holiday????) As I ticked 'For Long Term Stay' I expected it, as usual, to arrive the next day, Tuesday at 2pm. But no, it was in my Bank in 9 seconds BUT it went via Kasikorn Bank and so arrived as a transfer from a local bank and not an FTT.

Tried to talk to both banks about getting an FET, or Thor Tor 3, but a brick wall is there. Hope the IO will see through it and still give extension in December, I have Wise papers showing the transfer. 

After fruitless visits to both Kasikorn and Bangkok Banks, I finally got an email from K'korn telling me that FETs are no longer available, and that I should go to my local branch, armed with my Passport and Bank Book and ask for a Credit Advice. I do not have an account with K'korn so that's another hurdle to jump.

I have printed this email out and translated it into Thai, so let's hope it gets me somewhere.