No Departure Tax Being Implemented: Revenue Department

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Winit Visetsuvarnabhumi, the department’s deputy director-general, said public hearings on a departure tax of 1,000 baht for air travel and 500 baht by land and sea taking place during May 3-17, 2023 had to be held to evaluate the effectiveness of an emergency decree on the departure levy, based on a law passed in 1983.

All this because someone can't spell defferred defered .......umm...... put off for now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Revenue Department has no intention of imposing a departure tax on Thai nationals and permanent foreign residents travelling out of Thailand

It will be for tourists only

23 hours ago, webfact said:

This is necessary to comply with the 2017 Constitution and the Act on Legislative Drafting and Evaluation of Law B.E.2562 (2019) as well as a Cabinet resolution passed on January 19, 2021.

Will these not all be changed next week?

On 5/8/2023 at 5:26 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Oh dear :passifier: Less than a day and they change their mind. Who would have thought!

What exactly has changed?

Looks like the meeting and discussion will still be held.

Only the falangs thought something had been decided and wanted it to be changed.

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What exactly has changed?

Looks like the meeting and discussion will still be held.

Only the falangs thought something had been decided and wanted it to be changed.

If you cant see that Sandy, well your cognitive development has surely changed. You have always been an apologist. Many of us know that.

But if you can't see the 'flip flopping'. I would suggest that you either stop being argumentative or start doing the crossword and quizzes. I genuinely mean that in good faith.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:30 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

If you cant see that Sandy, well your cognitive development has surely changed. You have always been an apologist. Many of us know that.

But if you can't see the 'flip flopping'. I would suggest that you either stop being argumentative or start doing the crossword and quizzes. I genuinely mean that in good faith.

Only the mentally challenged would think there is "flip flopping" on something that has been on the statute books since 1983.

You should be more concerened about what is going on closer to home.

I went into Morrisons a couple of days ago and eggs were restricted to one dozen per customer, and you need a second mortgage, if you can get one, to visit the meat counter.

Of course you wouldn't be prepared to see the change on EU laws as "flip flopping", only an adjustment in policy, standard rhetoric for the xenophobic.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Only the mentally challenged would think there is "flip flopping" on something that has been on the statute books since 1983.

You should be more concerened about what is going on closer to home.

I went into Morrisons a couple of days ago and eggs were restricted to one dozen per customer, and you need a second mortgage, if you can get one, to visit the meat counter.

Of course you wouldn't be prepared to see the change on EU laws as "flip flopping", only an adjustment in policy, standard rhetoric for the xenophobic.

I see its took you a while to respond. Did you forget! I will massage your ego... this time.

I was also in the UK for 3 weeks a few  weeks ago. The same old nonsense of some people saying that everything was down to Brexit. The weather, no fruit but then again Spain was also the same as other parts of Europe, etc etc etc. The same whingers going on about the referendum they lost.

But this is about Thailand and the constant changing of their minds. Please stick to that as you seem to bring in the EU at every opportunity which is boring and shows you are very bitter... Still.

Enjoy the UK, if that is possible. After 25 years it is never home just where my passport comes from.