FBI declines to provide House chairman with document he claims will implicate Biden in 'criminal scheme'

onthedarkside

image.png.e4d666c417ff0a5ece93a2e51f0875c5.png

The FBI on Wednesday rejected a request from House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer to provide access to sensitive law enforcement materials that some congressional Republicans insist will reveal criminal activity involving Joe Biden from when he was vice president.

Comer, R-Ky., along with Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, had initially requested the materials in a letter May 3 to the FBI, citing what they called “highly credible unclassified whistleblower disclosures” about an unclassified document detailing “an alleged criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Biden and a foreign national relating to the exchange of money for policy decisions.”

In his subpoena, Comer demanded that the FBI produce what are known as FD-1023 forms — records of interactions with confidential sources — created or modified in June 2020 including the word “Biden,” along with any accompanying attachments or other documents.

READ MORE

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/fbi-declines-provide-house-chairman-document-claims-will-implicate-bid-rcna83852

image.png.c6a26d2425de35bb081145acbca22860.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Ahhh, FINALLY a reasonable explanation for why all this foreign money was paid to the bidens. I knew there would be a reason for the payments - i think deep down we all did.

Once again, try to provide a source that doesn't fall in the "Comer says" category.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Why would the FBI not give this document. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear?

If you read the full article you'll see:

"The FBI responded in a letter Wednesday, with Christopher Dunham, the acting assistant director for congressional affairs, saying that while the FBI was committed to "beginning the constitutionally mandated accommodation process," it was also bound by Justice Department policy, which "strictly limits when and how confidential human source information can be provided outside of the FBI.""

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

Another failing GOP fishing trip:

What about the financial records directly linking foreign govts paying the Biden family? I wouldn't call that nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Trippy said:

What about the financial records directly linking foreign govts paying the Biden family? I wouldn't call that nothing.

As has been explained numerous times, a financial record linking a payment is not in and of itself evidence of crime.

Comey looked, and he could find any evidence of crimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

Are there "financial records direcly linking foreign govts paying the Biden family?" There are records of private companies paying the Bidens, but foreign governments? Care to share a link to your evidence?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

So how did Joe Biden make all that money? Any guesses?

It's easy to know. Unlike someone who cannot be named, Joe has been publicising his tax returns for years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Why would the FBI not give this document. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear?

The ole sources and methods excuse!  I can’t understand why the 6 ways to Sunday cabal wouldn't want to comply since its not a classified doc ,  according to Grassly.

Just redact the names!

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/fbi-refuses-to-give-congress-informant-file-alleging-biden-took-bribes/

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

If you're going to sell me a Nothing Burger at least give me more than an empty bag.

Feel sorry for Rep. Comer's wife. He keeps telling her that he'll satisfy her 'tomorrow', and she's had enough and is getting close to shagging the Amazon delivery guy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, riclag said:

The ole sources and methods excuse!  I can’t understand why the 6 ways to Sunday cabal wouldn't want to comply since its not a classified doc ,  according to Grassly.

Just redact the names!

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/fbi-refuses-to-give-congress-informant-file-alleging-biden-took-bribes/

Nonsense. The kind of information that is provided can indicate who is likely to be the source of the information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Just redact the names!

From the report linked in the OP:

Documenting the information does not validate it, establish its credibility, or weigh it against other information verified by the FBI,” the spokesperson said in a statement, cautioning that providing such information could harm investigations and judicial proceedings and “unfairly violate privacy or reputations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Ahhh, FINALLY a reasonable explanation for why all this foreign money was paid to the bidens. I knew there would be a reason for the payments - i think deep down we all did.

No WE all didn't.

You may have done, but you only speak for yourself with a massive bias against President Biden.