Tourists flee as python slithers into Thailand’s Emerald Pool

snoop1130

I was trotting around my local reservoir this morning and noticed a large Python on the grass slope just up from the waters edge this morning. In the darkness I was watching the fish at the edge when I saw a shimmer of reflection and wondered what it was in the grass.

It was in the shape of a horseshoe, estimated to be at least 8ft long as both sides were at least 4ft long plus the curve, the body was easily 4-5" inches in diameter.

I didn't poke around for long as I couldn't make out one end from the other.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I was trotting around my local reservoir this morning and noticed a large Python on the grass slope just up from the waters edge this morning. In the darkness I was watching the fish at the edge when I saw a shimmer of reflection and wondered what it was in the grass.

It was in the shape of a horseshoe, estimated to be at least 8ft long as both sides were at least 4ft long plus the curve, the body was easily 4-5" inches in diameter.

I didn't poke around for long as I couldn't make out one end from the other.

As here if you left it alone it would reciprocate. We humans are too large to be a prey item for a 2metre snake. A verymuch larger example,say 6 metres on a smaller human maybe,but generally they will look to avoid us. We are a danger to them.

• Thanks 2