Thailand Elite Criminal Background-Help

On 5/13/2023 at 10:13 PM, Cayffano said:

I can travel wherever I want. I don't have travel ban. I live since october 2022 in Limassol, Cyprus. Never had one problem. Also travelled in Dubai and for New Years eve in Singapore. Everything was fine and I have never been questioned. My commited crime is actually pretty small compared to the others, at least in my country. About supporting, money is not the problem so I don't need to work or anything. I just need normal visa so I don't need to leave every 3 months and think I will be denied at the immigration. That's why I want TE. Hopefully someone has similiar case like mine.

The check they do is only any offences made in Thailand or if you're on a red noticed wanted list. They have no means to check your record in Croatia nor can they ask your embassy. Also, you only pay after being cleared anyways.

The way I read it and this is from memory is that if you haven't been sentenced to 1 year or more in prison then you're all good.

They may have changed the wording and requirements over the years though.

Anyway, with such minor crimes (no prison sentence) then this is not going to be an issue.

You will have no problem getting a Thailand Elite visa.

On 5/14/2023 at 4:30 PM, DodgerRodger said:

Here's the text from the Thai Elite application declaration, several of the points are of relevance to the OP.  The declaration goes on (later paragraph) to say that if you are later found out to have made a false declaration, TE membership will be cancelled with no refund.

image.png

well this post answers the OP's question. item 11 is clear. i think scam is financial crime?

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

well this post answers the OP's question. item 11 is clear. i think scam is financial crime?

I think the main point is - there's no way for them to check this information.

A lot of people seem to think that each countries government simply hands over all your information when asked to do so by some random foreign government - for the most part they don't, unless you're the US and Canada in which case they share everything for whatever reason they decided to do so.

If a full criminal record check was required or introduced then it's something you would need to get yourself from your home countries police force. This kind of check is requested if you want a work permit for certain jobs (teacher is one of them I believe) but it's not requested for this visa.

Without this kind of home country record check then there's no way for them to check for routine day to day things like visas.

Edited by ukrules

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If a full criminal record check was required or introduced then it's something you would need to get yourself from your home countries police force

Correct.

So the quetsion should be if they require such a (then translated) check. People who applied recently for an EV should know that.

24 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Correct.

So the quetsion should be if they require such a (then translated) check. People who applied recently for an EV should know that.

They don't require this document and never have.

Edited by ukrules

It is surprising how much they actually do know.

I was questioned about why I had withdrawn 2M baht in Australia with my ATM card.  I never gave them any bank details.

Fortunately I used an agent and they advised me how to respond to the query.

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...

UPDATE -

If anyone wants to know, I applied for Thai Elite Card. I was in touch with 1 agent exactly from the Thai Elite Card company and I explained her absolutely everything. She told me she will check all so I don't waste my time. Yesterday she called me and told that process might get tricky if I don't wait about 7 more months when my probation is over. After that according to her I won't have any problem to obtain Elite Card. She said that rules changed a little bit and they became more strict to follow those rules so it would be better for me to wait. I want to thanks everyone who gave me good advice and to all people wondering about my money and how I will support myself as a 26yo male - mind your own business. 😉

Until summer, BGC will be my destination and who knows, maybe I won't ever come to Thailand except as a tourist🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Two significant developments since you opened the thread in May:

1) Existing Elite packages have been discontinued and cost is now between 50% (5 year) and 500% (20 year) higher than before if you applied after 15th September. 

2) The government has announced that from 1st January 2024 it will tax monies brought into the country for all tax residents, meaning anyone here over 180 days per year. 

• Confused 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:30 AM, Cayffano said:

UPDATE -

If anyone wants to know, I applied for Thai Elite Card. I was in touch with 1 agent exactly from the Thai Elite Card company and I explained her absolutely everything. She told me she will check all so I don't waste my time. Yesterday she called me and told that process might get tricky if I don't wait about 7 more months when my probation is over. After that according to her I won't have any problem to obtain Elite Card. She said that rules changed a little bit and they became more strict to follow those rules so it would be better for me to wait. I want to thanks everyone who gave me good advice and to all people wondering about my money and how I will support myself as a 26yo male - mind your own business. 😉

Until summer, BGC will be my destination and who knows, maybe I won't ever come to Thailand except as a tourist🤷‍♂️

You just opened up a can of worms, they would never have known about it if you did not mention them in the first place. Should just go to a offline place within Thailand itself and start with the application, from a tourist visa, if you are then approved, you pay after and it's a done deal anyway.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 11/11/2023 at 9:30 AM, Cayffano said:

UPDATE -

Why don't you vacation in Belgrade, Serbia?

On 5/15/2023 at 12:32 PM, Dexxter said:

2 and 11 seem relevant. What is considered a petty crime? 2 years probation perhaps? But 11 might present more of a problem seeing that his offense involved money scams. Don't forget that money is god in Thailand.

#11 really hurts, because it does not even require a conviction: "involved ... directly or indirectly ... financial crime". That suggests one just needs to be involved with a crime, which is sounds like it describes the OP's situation exactly. Bummer.