Road Rage Incident Leads to Shooting, Leaving One Injured in Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, Bepah umayun said:

I prefer and enjoy that Viet annoyance 

Me too.  It's a lot safer, and the "beep-beep" is typically to let people know where you are.  As apposed to just ploughing into you in Thailand.

Also, exhausts are a lot quieter in Vietnam.

6 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

How do you know that the shooter was a youth?

Perhaps the original post should be re-phrased to say "men" because let's face it, it's always the male of the species who causes these violent altercations.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

charging their parents with extreme negligenc

I think this has be the first thing to do.

I read about a country who used to exterminate your parents and your ancestors in the 3rd degree when a crime would have been done, but I forgot wihch country.
That would be a better deterrent as the death penalty.

15 hours ago, quake said:

If they catch this guy.

Should be 10 years in jail for attempted murder. ( no pardon )

and what ever other charges there is.

Thailand needs to send a clear message to it's people about this type of behavior and what will happen if you do this type of thing.

Ps After many years in Thailand I know what they will do. :coffee1:

I am pretty sure that the fine for driving without a license plate will be higher that the shooting ...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, SirHonkersTheFirst said:

So so so frustrating living in Nam - the incessant honking. It was a pleasure to spend a week in BKK recently.

That said, I tune the noise out, and wear earphones nowadays - my stress levels have dropped considerably.

in some cities i do this, but not anywhere in thailand, there is just too much dangerous stuff going on, you really do need all your senses working overtime - as andy partridge said...

9 hours ago, off road pat said:

..."happening all over the world's roads"...Hm,...Some country's don't have a easy access to guns !!!

Yeah but they have knives… A friend of mine was stabbed in a road rage incident in France and bled to death in less than 5 minutes. Never honk at (or berate) stupid drivers… you never know what nutcase could be behind the wheel.

Edited by rattlesnake

On 5/15/2023 at 7:06 PM, rattlesnake said:

Yeah but they have knives… A friend of mine was stabbed in a road rage incident in France and bled to death in less than 5 minutes. Never honk at (or berate) stupid drivers… you never know what nutcase could be behind the wheel.

I am really sorry for your friend,...this could happen to anyone of us,...

Best regards.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 7:05 AM, spidermike007 said:

Spectacularly ignorant youths, demonstrating misplaced bravado. Guys with absolutely no self esteem, who cannot handle being called out for their recklessness. Totally failed lives. I recommend finding them, charging them with attempted murder, and charging their parents with extreme negligence

perhaps you could point out where the article it mention anything about youths?

In India driving without honking (all the time) seems to be regarded as quite strange according to an interview where an Indian was asked what struck him the most strange thing in Europe. Why dont they honk he asked. Furtunately he did not rent a car in Thailand. ☠️