Lost Pink ID foreigners and replacement experience

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Madam "lost" her for-life Thai ID, replacement was free even though lost and no police report.

"Lost" because the bank told her she didn't look like her photo. So she now has one where she looks 19 61 and a special one for the bank only. 

Yeap, for a Thai ID no police report is needed, I was referring to A  LOST PINK ID for foreigners...... 

15 hours ago, walailak said:

Yeap, for a Thai ID no police report is needed, I was referring to A  LOST PINK ID for foreigners...... 

I lost mine a few years ago and no police report required to get a replacement. Also fee for Thais and foreigners at my district office is 60 baht.

I have a Pink ID card which has an expire date 2 years past. It cost me 60Baht and at that time I was 70ish. Will I have any problem getting a replacement, or should I even bother?

The reason I say should I bother, in the bank the other day I was asked for other ID than my passport and the pink ID was accepted.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Surasak said:

I have a Pink ID card which has an expire date 2 years past. It cost me 60Baht and at that time I was 70ish. Will I have any problem getting a replacement, or should I even bother?

The reason I say should I bother, in the bank the other day I was asked for other ID than my passport and the pink ID was accepted.

The only answer to that is to go to the Amphur office and ask them - they can either change it on the spot, or they’ll ask you to go through the full application process again (and hoop jumping / document verification process that this requires).

I’m curious though - why would the bank not accept your Passport ? - that seems extremely strange. 

Would your Thai driving licence have been sufficient if they required ‘dual identification’ ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you sure, I've been to the office at Big C Petchburi and it says 100 baht for a replacement. Incidentally, 3 quid in the UK.

Yup, because I paid for it.

Note that it is a "for-life" card as she (and I) is over 60.

32 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i think anytime you can get what you need from a government office in a deay, you are winning no matter what the small frustrations are. 
renewing my kids thai passport is an absolute delight.

Indeed... it just makes Thailand more of an enigma...  

Some simple things impossible, some impossible things simple !!!...

The Passport renewal system here is something that our HMPO in the West really need to take a look at !!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The only answer to that is to go to the Amphur office and ask them - they can either change it on the spot, or they’ll ask you to go through the full application process again (and hoop jumping / document verification process that this requires).

I’m curious though - why would the bank not accept your Passport ? - that seems extremely strange. 

Would your Thai driving licence have been sufficient if they required ‘dual identification’ ?

For the number of times I have had to use the ID card over the last 4 years I think, as said at the bank a few days ago and at the hospital 2 years ago because I didn't have the hospital card with me. So is it really worth all the hassle to get a replacement?

The bank were I suppose being careful? The young lady just asked for additional ID, no big deal.

As to a driving licence, I gave up driving 6 years ago, I'm no spring chicken any more and don't have a driving licence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Because she is over 60. Surely then foreigners over 60 don't need to pay for  replacement card?

That is my assumption, my first pink card was free, I'm over 60. I've never lost it so I can't comment on replacement.

I may have missed it, but is our OP over 60?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 3:58 PM, walailak said:

In my previous Pink ID I was the 13th person to be issued /photographed one with, (see attachment)... 

This number in my new pink ID has now risen to 303,

Thsts within 7 years for Saimai district office issuing around 290 of these pink IDs 

This is not the number of people but  a checksum, calculated from the previous 12 numbers, well for thw Thai cards anyway. I am assuming pink card is the same. These cards are not new, they are really for migrant workers, and been given to them for many years.

Edited by Neeranam

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is not the number of people but  a checksum, calculated from the previous 12 numbers, well for thw Thai cards anyway. I am assuming pink card is the same. These cards are not new, they are really for migrant workers, and been given to them for many years.

Hi, I was not taking about my PINK ID number as that number never changes......

I was rather talking bout the number underneath the picture, a 11 digit number which is a sequent .

FIrst 4 digit are the district (khet) number, in my case, 1042 follow by a 7 digit number....

As previously  mentioned i had number 13 , now in my new replaced Pink ID it has risen to 303

Hope this explains......

36 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That is my assumption, my first pink card was free, I'm over 60. I've never lost it so I can't comment on replacement.

I may have missed it, but is our OP over 60?

Nah, 48 ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, walailak said:

Hi, I was not taking about my PINK ID number as that number never changes......

I was rather talking bout the number underneath the picture, a 11 digit number which is a sequent .

FIrst 4 digit are the district (khet) number, in my case, 1042 follow by a 7 digit number....

As previously  mentioned i had number 13 , now in my new replaced Pink ID it has risen to 303

Hope this explains......

I see, thanks for clarifying. 

Interesting, as if you were no. 13, these pink cards must be different to the ones given to migrant workers. 

Does yours say on the back that you need written permission to leave the province? This stipulation is obviously only for migrant workers. 

On 5/16/2023 at 3:58 PM, walailak said:

Overall despite the unnecessarily police report silliness the district office staff were very friendly and helpful dealing with an Alien ????

From what I've heard, many aphurs are terrified of all aliens wanting or needing these cards as it do much extra work for them, and hard work if they don't speak Thai. Therefore, they usually are not very accommodating when farang ask for them, as they are just a novelty. 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I see, thanks for clarifying. 

Interesting, as if you were no. 13, these pink cards must be different to the ones given to migrant workers. 

Does yours say on the back that you need written permission to leave the province? This stipulation is obviously only for migrant workers. 

YEs the back of it has the same conditions AS my original Pink ID from 2016, they haven't bothered updating them.

As for the cards being different to the ones given to the migrant workers YOU ARE RIGHT,

Our Burmese workers, at our recycling business, their Pink Card IDs are different!! If I ever get the chance i will upload the pic. ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

From what I've heard, many aphurs are terrified of all aliens wanting or needing these cards as it do much extra work for them, and hard work if they don't speak Thai. Therefore, they usually are not very accommodating when farang ask for them, as they are just a novelty. 

To my surprise, they were very helpful and made sure i got out of there with a replacement.They even followed me to the car, while about to drive to Saimai Police Station, to make sure i get the report from my local police station and NOT from another station ????

Actually it was extra work for them as they had to use a special printer at the back to print it as the printer outside its only for ThaI IDs where there is a gap for the chip. But still an overall great professionalism by them!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forgot to mention that the police report at my local police station required by the district office was free, my initial thought was that it costs 20 Baht, but that wasn't the case. 

ANYONE can confirm that?

Cop after struggling to get it done, didn't mention anything about a fee to be paid just the same old krub krub????????

Edited by walailak
???? ​