EC Declares Move Forward Party Winner of 2023 General Election

snoop1130

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Which could all be thwarted by non democratically elected senators who make sure they pick the winner not the people engaged in said democratic process.

May 15th? Not exactly hot off the press.

might be a bit dangerous for them this time,   soldiers also vote.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

OK, good. Now declare the goombah senators illegitimate, and end their term tomorrow. It is the right thing to do. If Cha Cha is sincere about accepting the results, this needs to be done. They must be brought into line, or pay a very, very heavy price, for their absolute repudiation of democracy. They are now starting to behave like fascist goombahs. Let us attempt to show them what a very miserable life looks like!

How would you do that if they can't build a government? And if they write a new constitution it would need a referendum which needs time

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

OK, good. Now declare the goombah senators illegitimate, and end their term tomorrow. It is the right thing to do. If Cha Cha is sincere about accepting the results, this needs to be done. They must be brought into line, or pay a very, very heavy price, for their absolute repudiation of democracy. They are now starting to behave like fascist goombahs. Let us attempt to show them what a very miserable life looks like!

There is no current legal authority for your solutions and recriminations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h90 said:

How would you do that if they can't build a government? And if they write a new constitution it would need a referendum which needs time

A referendum (only providing a "yes" or "no") is an useless exercise if the Prayut political backers choose. 

A new constitution or amendments require Senate approval, not to mention royal endorsement.

Also the NCPO put words in their written constitution that gives it essentially extra-constitutional authority in case of perceived potential harm to the nation's security as determined by themselves to legally block constitutional amendments. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

It could indeed.........or other things could happen.

If I was in Thailand now, I would be asking myself if I wanted to stick around and try to live there through the next 6.....days? weeks? months?

I'm usually booked to travel there, in October, by this time of the year.......but not this year.

I will be reviewing my situation in a months time.

The whistle has blown, the ball is in play ........there's nothing more to speculate on.

Keep aware and be ready to move.

Good luck.

When they make the movie I hope you are consulted.....

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A referendum (only providing a "yes" or "no") is an useless exercise if the Prayut political backers choose. 

A new constitution or amendments require Senate approval, not to mention royal endorsement.

Also the NCPO put words in their written constitution that gives it essentially extra-constitutional authority in case of perceived potential harm to the nation's security as determined by themselves to legally block constitutional amendments. 

A yes/no is an useless exercise no matter who choose it....If you write some populist goody into it, you can write a very bad constitution and bring it thru. There should be at least 10 questions......

Emergency powers are always a problem....after Covid even the last one should notice that. But I have no solution for it. I understand that there could be emergencies that justify it. It always depends on the acting people...and as libertarian I reject them all...left, right and in the middle

6 hours ago, Enoon said:

It could indeed.........or other things could happen.

If I was in Thailand now, I would be asking myself if I wanted to stick around and try to live there through the next 6.....days? weeks? months?

I'm usually booked to travel there, in October, by this time of the year.......but not this year.

I will be reviewing my situation in a months time.

The whistle has blown, the ball is in play ........there's nothing more to speculate on.

Keep aware and be ready to move.

Good luck.

I will be sticking around because I live here with my Thai wife and son

The EC, Bangkok and the military are NOT the be all and end all of Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sadly the senators term cannot be instantly terminated.

It will take a completely new government and a completely new constitution by the Thai voters to do that.

IF the MFP do manage to build a coalition government IMHO it will take at least a year to scrap the current constitution, hold a referendum and get a new constitution written by the people of Thailand.

If they can do that or perhaps revive the 1997 constitution and modify it, it will have to be approved and signed off by the German tourist. If it affects him in any way it is unlikely to be signed off, no matter what the Thai people want.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

75% is pretty low for a country where you must go to elections....25 don't care so much that they even brake the law.

It seems you don't know a lot about the rural area in Thailand. There you don't have the same 'handsome' cemented streets as in Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Pattaya. Come here once and walk into the the remote areas.... and you will not write such a non....e. again.

People living in the mountains sometimes need a longtime walk to the election office. And even on a motorbike it isn't easy for them to reach the office on muddy ways (not streets!). Consider too, that there are a lot of old people.

75% is a remarkable result.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

There is no current legal authority for your solutions and recriminations. 

No legal authority is required. Sometimes a solution is required that does not utilize legal framework. The will of the people can be expressed outside the legal system, which is very broken here anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, puck2 said:

It seems you don't know a lot about the rural area in Thailand. There you don't have the same 'handsome' cemented streets as in Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Pattaya. Come here once and walk into the the remote areas.... and you will not write such a non....e. again.

People living in the mountains sometimes need a longtime walk to the election office. And even on a motorbike it isn't easy for them to reach the office on muddy ways (not streets!). Consider too, that there are a lot of old people.

75% is a remarkable result.

how many people live in remote mountain areas with election offices far away? I doubt that are too many. In the south, every small village has like 3 places...closer than the next 7/11. Your theory may explain a few %. 
Would be interesting to see the numbers per area....Bangkok would have close to 100% if you are right

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, h90 said:

how many people live in remote mountain areas with election offices far away? I doubt that are too many. In the south, every small village has like 3 places...closer than the next 7/11. Your theory may explain a few %. 
Would be interesting to see the numbers per area....Bangkok would have close to 100% if you are right

Sadly you are wrong again.

My wife, my son and 2 neighbours had to travel 6km each way to vote. They passed through 3 small villages, and these villages are on the main road, not to mention the 3 in the other direction to get to the polling station. There are also villages off the main road.

There are quite a few old people out in rural Thailand. The nearest baht bus stop is in the big village and doesn't come this way anyway.