Aussie TikTok Influencer Tests Phuket Fruit Vendor’s Generosity

webfact

40 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Well, times have changed.

I cannot say that I like TikTok, but it is here to stay. Many people live from that, whether I like it or not.

Yes, times have changed. I noticed that.

And I am not suggesting TikTok should be banned or anything like that. If people want to spend their time with that, please, do it.

And if some people make a lot of money on TikTok because millions of people watch what they are doing, ok, I accept that.

But obviously it's also up to me what I like and what I don't like. Some videos are funny or informative, fine. Some are just stupid. I like some and I don't like others. And if I feel like telling the world, or in this case the AseanNow members what I don't like then that is part of that whole game. 

35 minutes ago, BenStark said:

However you are a big youtube fan, going by the fact how often you post youtubes to make your point, this went completely over your head because your hatred makes you blind obviously.

The guy was showing the kindness of the Thai fruit sellers, giving free fruit to someone who in advance declared he had no money.

To make it clear, I hate youtubes and Tiktok, and will rarely watch any for longer than 15 seconds, but I support what this guy was doing

No, he was not showing the kindness of the Thai fruit seller.

He published a video to make money.

Imagine the Thai fruit seller would have told him to f@# o$#%, together with his camera team. Do you think he would have just deleted that? Or would he still have shown it to get some clicks?

The Thai fruit seller is just an object to make money for this TikTokker. 

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine the Thai fruit seller would have told him to f@# o$#%, together with his camera team. Do you think he would have just deleted that? Or would he still have shown it to get some clicks?

The Thai fruit seller is just an object to make money for this TikTokker. 

Probably all fake. The fruit seller was acting and gave the 1950 back. 

Most youtube/tic tok stuff is rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You do realize that each and every youtube you watch, and I take it that are many every day, are published to make money? And that you, by posting them on this forum, promote them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems I have to explain it again and again. 

The guy made the video to make money. He didn't make it to show the Thai fruit seller.

If he can make double the money showing a monkey or snake then we can be sure that is what he will do.

Is that easy enough to understand? Or which part do I have to repeat? 

Okay, here it is one more time, as you seem to be unable to understand the crux of the matter.

It does not matter why this fellow made the video. We do not care why. It is NOT what is important in this video.

The essence in this whole matter is that a Thai man showed generosity to someone he thought was hungry.

The Thai man showed generosity, and this is what people react positively to.

Simply happy to be reminded in this video that Thai people can be generous, and that it makes people feel good to see signs of philanthropy.

I hope I expressed it in so many different ways so that you can get to understand it....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BenStark said:

However you are a big youtube fan, going by the fact how often you post youtubes to make your point, this went completely over your head because your hatred makes you blind obviously.

The guy was showing the kindness of the Thai fruit sellers, giving free fruit to someone who in advance declared he had no money.

To make it clear, I hate youtubes and Tiktok, and will rarely watch any for longer than 15 seconds, but I support what this guy was doing

No.....he was making sure the world knew what a "great guy" he is.

That's his job "Professional Good Guy" for 30 seconds.

Then **** off and leave the stooge where he was......

........while he continues to reap his %

Cheap, self-indulgent, "fun", virtue signalling investment for him.

948630165_Screenshot2023-05-19at13-16-50CaryGastroenterologyAssociatesProjectileVomitingWhyDoesit.png.d54f5e3b36ccf9867b2d13a67fd601fd.png

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, BenStark said:

He was being filmed, it's hardly a natural exchange. 

He does it for views, not altruism - gives 2000, makes 10000.....

I don't mind these kind of vids per se, but lets call it what it is

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2023 at 6:22 AM, Enoon said:

And how many of the people who saw how to get free food in Thailand will do the same?

He's just encouraging freeloaders......full stop!

He does it to get viewers, without considering the knock on effect.

Being a narcissist he doesn't give a ****.

What's your excuse?

Why do I need an excuse?

I haven't done anything!