Expelled from Thailand

1 hour ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

Iknow Poipet is a haven for stroppy over excuberant officials but Is it worth trying another land boarder?

With an expulsion stamp in your passport, attempting to enter visa exempt at another land border might well be a futile exercise.

With your recent history, you really should have avoided Poi Pet anyway, even if your visa had still been valid.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

How do extensions fit into this? Why do they offer extensions/what is the point of an extension if it doesnt extend your period of entry?  I have 60 days per entry i extend by 30, but, that 30 eats into the days permitted in the tourist visa? Doesnt make sense to me. In that case it doesnt extend anything.Why didnt they bring it up the previous times at immigration including the border? Thanks

Some folk want to exit as little as possible 

Some others want to travel a lot to places such as Saigon.

As I and couple of others have pointed out. 

Forget the notion of triple entry tourist visa. 

That was replaced by METV years ago. 

As I post earlier. That visa can provide stay of almost 9 months. 

Where are you currently located? 

Edited by DrJack54

28 minutes ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

Obviously, whatever i think regarding whether it was fair or not is practically irrellevant at this point. How do you think immigration upon re-entry by air with a VoA will treat me?  AS far as i can see i haven't been deported but refused entry and told to come back in via air and get a new visa? Thanks

so, uh, does your landlord have a forwarding address for your "stuff"? ????

#

14 minutes ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

How do extensions fit into this? Why do they offer extensions/what is the point of an extension if it doesnt extend your period of entry?  I have 60 days per entry i extend by 30, but, that 30 eats into the days permitted in the tourist visa? Doesnt make sense to me. In that case it doesnt extend anything.Why didnt they bring it up the previous times at immigration including the border? Thanks

A multi entry tourist visa is not designed for people who want to live in Thailand continuously. It is designed for tourists who want use Thailand as their base whilst travelling around SE Asia or even beyond.

Possible itinerary could be week in Thailand ,few days in Cambodia then return to Thailand for a while then off to Singapore for some days . back to Thailand  then on to ....you get the picture.

It works great for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, terryq said:

Your understanding is incorrect. You had a multiple  entry visa with each entry of UP TO 60 days. As many entries as you liked BUT the last one must have been taken before 12 May. As already pointed out if you had made an entry on 11 May then you would have been granted 60 days ,which could have been extended by a further 30 days.

Why you were not offered visa exempt I do not know, did you actually ask for visa exempt when visa entry was rightfully refused?

Possible attitude/body language did not go down well.

"Your understanding is incorrect. You had a multiple  entry visa with each entry of UP TO 60 days. As many entries as you liked BUT the last one must have been taken before 12 May. As already pointed out if you had made an entry on 11 May then you would have been granted 60 days ,which could have been extended by a further 30 days."

This makes more sense and accounts for the extensions. She may be releaved of her sins, ill let her off. I am in error.

Although i had overstay on my first entry meaning that i went over the 60 day limit to start the next period and nothing was mentioned.

Also, I am confused as to why the lady who stamped and charged me for the overstay as i left Thailand did not bring this up. The lady who expelled me was not the lady who stamped and charged the overstay. The lady who done that let me through to Cambodia and when i re-entered Thailand was when this happened. Should the lady who charged the overstay when i left not indicate this?

"Why you were not offered visa exempt I do not know, did you actually ask for visa exempt when visa entry was rightfully refused?

Possible attitude/body language did not go down well."

I dont think so. It was cordial. She kept asking me how long i will be staying in Thailand. I responded for the last 60 days with possibly an extension of 30 as allowed by my visa. She never offered a visa exempt and stated i had to fly back in and get a new visa.

Do you think the stamp that they expelled me will be an issue?

36 minutes ago, Caldera said:

With an expulsion stamp in your passport, attempting to enter visa exempt at another land border might well be a futile exercise.

With your recent history, you really should have avoided Poi Pet anyway, even if your visa had still been valid.

I didnt have it at that point. It was upon re-entry to Thailand when they bought it up. I went through paying for the overstay and no mention of it, nothing. Otherwise i wouldnt of come back in obviously. Why the first lady didnt do it i dont know. The other chap has cleared up the issue, at least for me, and Poipet is still a  haven for stroppy officers. That point stands.Cheers

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some folk want to exit as little as possible 

Some others want to travel a lot to places such as Saigon.

As I and couple of others have pointed out. 

Forget the notion of triple entry tourist visa. 

That was replaced by METV years ago. 

As I post earlier. That visa can provide stay of almost 9 months. 

Where are you currently located? 

But they(extensions) extend the date to which you have to go to a border and inform them of where you are. I though that is the whole point of the 60 day reporting? There is a 60 day limit to how long i can stay before doing this unless i extend. When i extend it puts that back effectively pushing the border reporting requirement date back which throws the date which when the visa ends back also by 30 days.  This was my confusion. Someoene has ponted out that your final entry must happen before that date on the visa. Im thinking all 60 day periods must be finished by that date.Now i know.I have forgiven her. She may enter heaven once again.

4 minutes ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

But they(extensions) extend the date to which you have to go to a border and inform them of where you are. I though that is the whole point of the 60 day reporting? There is a 60 day limit to how long i can stay before doing this unless i extend. When i extend it puts that back effectively pushing the border reporting requirement date back which throws the date which when the visa ends back also by 30 days.  This was my confusion. Someoene has ponted out that your final entry must happen before that date on the visa. Im thinking all 60 day periods must be finished by that date.Now i know.I have forgiven her. She may enter heaven once again.

Your biggest mistake was to go to that border in the first place. Other borders would have let you in with visa exemption stamp.

There does appear to be a fundamental misunderstanding by at least one person of the purpose of a multi entry tourist visa.  It is to allow a tourist to base themselves in Thailand and make multiple trips out/back to other countries as part of their holiday.  Those trips may be several days or weeks and the in between time in Thailand the same. 

It is not intended to be used to stay as long as possible in Thailand before having to leave and return on a new entry, there are other visas/extensions far better suited to that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

Also, I am confused as to why the lady who stamped and charged me for the overstay as i left Thailand did not bring this up. The lady who expelled me was not the lady who stamped and charged the overstay. The lady who done that let me through to Cambodia and when i re-entered Thailand was when this happened. Should the lady who charged the overstay when i left not indicate this?

It is not her duty, do you think with how many people she deal with every day. Many years ago a Immigration Officer told me : Your passport, your responsibility. 

• Thanks 1

So in summary you thought you had a "triple entry" tourist visa but actually had a multi-entry tourist visa that gives you 60 days per entry before 12 May.

You then said you did overstay on your first entry of visa and also overstay on your 2nd entry of visa. You then asked to enter for 60 days + 30 days extension even though your visa had now expired on 12 May

No wonder they denied you entry for 60 days (maybe if you asked for 30 day visa exempt they may have given it to you, or maybe not)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I found the topic title somewhat confusing.

Expelled from Thailand means that you were in Thailand and they forced you to leave. Skim reading this thread it sounds like you had left Thailand and they wouldn't let you back in, so refused entry.

This was part of the reason for my concern and the post. Having to fly back in or my misinterprestation of her reasoning isnt a problem, it was why the specific form with the language on the form. I used the words expel and expulsion because thats what was written on the forms she had me sign. Have i just signed a form whereby i admitted to being forced to leave? Now your worrying me.It seemed over the top to get me to sign the forms when they could of just said sorry you cant come in. IS there anywhere you can query what they meant without having languageb issues? She was quite insistant that I could fly back in and get another visa.

2 hours ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

Sorry missed important details.

More details on extentions confirmed/stamped via immigration BKK.

General point on Evisa. It was a triple entry with the same layout as every other tourist visa i have had from Thailand and other countries. That is, the expiry noted on the visa comes after the granted date. IT is stating the persiod before which you must inititate the visa not when the visa ends. How could immigration know this when  extensions of the 60 day periods could be excercised?

The visa is multiple entry, triple entry. 60 days per entry not including option to extend, giving 90 days. Extensions were granted both times thus far with immigrationin BKK viewing my tourist visa which is seperate, i.e. not printed in PP. This entry would be my final entry. Final 60 days with option to extend. As i see it:

I landed nov = 1st entry

Nov to Jan = 1st 60 days + extension 30 days from JAn to feb =1 period of stay

I leave reenter in FEb = 2nd entry. Stamped as such.

Feb to Apr = 2nd 60 days + extension 30 days Apr to May =2nd period of stay.

I leave then re-enter(so i thought) in MAy for final 60 day period with option to extend. Not happening now.

If confusin please ask. Thanks

I have used a METV (multi-entry) several times and I believe the expiry date on the visa means you must ENTER Thailand before that date, which gives you 60 days plus a 30 day extension.

2 minutes ago, Des1 said:

I have used a METV (multi-entry) several times and I believe the expiry date on the visa means you must ENTER Thailand before that date, which gives you 60 days plus a 30 day extension.

He entered 6 months ago.???? His last time to exit is the key. Think about it.

Okay, the saga continues. For those who care, from 3F47EC7D-31A3-4132-AEC6-DD448E7DBC47.png

This is what my stamp is and when you go here

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/faq_en/#1616676971958-bee6a781-3aab

and

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/90days-report/

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 Days

Notification of Staying in the Kingdom over 90 Days (90 Days Report)

According to The Immigration Act,B.E.2522,the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his/her residence to immigration officer every 90 days.

How to Notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or authorizes another person to make the notification (The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires)
  2. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail (Thailand Post only and send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Office in local area where the foreigner resides)
  3. The foreigner makes the notification via internet by terms and conditions of service. Check the website :  www.immigration.go.th  => Online Services

Documents Required (Notification in person)

1. Passport
  2. departure card (TM.6) Example
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (If the applicant has been notified before) Example
  4. Completely filled in the notification form (TM.47) and signed by the applicant (not another person)  Example

Notification by registered mail (Thailand Post only)

• Prepare the following documents
  1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    – front page showing name / surname / Passport No., etc.
    – current visa
    – last entry stamp of immigration
    – last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy (front-back) of departure card TM.6 Example
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (If the applicant has been notified before and no travel outside the country). Use only original document  Example
  4. Notification form TM.47, Completely filled in and signed by the applicant (not another person)  Example
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. The send back part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  • The above mentioned documents (1-5) must be sent by registered mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Office in local area where the foreigner resides.
  • Must keep the evidence of sending the registered mail as evidence until the document is returned. **
  • Waiting time for document to be returned : Approximately 30 days

Offices accepting notification

1. The foreigners who reside in Bangkok, make the notification in person, or authorizes another person to make the notification at => 90 Days Report Section , 2nd Floor , Muang Thong Thani Temporary Service Center (Popular Rd., Pakkred district, Nonthaburi). (MAP)
                 ***Postal Address ***
                  90 Days Report Section , Sub-division 2 ,
                  Immigration Division 1 ,
                  Chalermprakiat Government Complex  (B Building) ,
                  120 Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Rd., Soi 7, Toongsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok  10210
  1. One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Building , Floor 18, Phayathai Rd. Phatumwan, Bangkok (Only the specific law). Services are provided only to foreigners who have already submitted an application for temporary stay in the kingdom of Thailand. (MAP)
  2. For other provinces, notify at Immigration Office in local area where the alien resides. 

Note

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is not the visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying residence to immigration officer or notifying later than the set period, must notify in person and a fine of 2,000.- THB will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he/her will be fined 5,000.- THB with an additional fine not exceeding 200.- THB for each day which passes until the law is complied with.
  • If the foreigner leaves Thailand anytime during the 90-day period, then the day count will restart from upon the arrival date of his/her re-entry into Thailand. (every case) 
  • If the foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1st date of the latest re-entry in every case.

Immigration DIvision 1Immigration DIvision 1

Government Complex Ratthaprasasana Phakdi Building (Building B , South Zone), 120 Moo 3, Chaeng Wattana Road, Thung Song Hong Subdistrict, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210

google-site-verification=pvfokMcz7iJSG3NTpODi4UUTKAb9T-TqPt5ZlDUC-dI

Information

I will look into it but now i must eat.Peace

9 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Sorry, I thought he was asking what the the expiry date on the METV means.

The chap I quoted was stating that METV was designed for people using Thailand as a base and traveling around Asian countries.

That's nonsense.

Some use it to max out time spent in Thailand.

No rule preventing that. 

By way of example the 60 day stamp per entry can be extended by 30 days. 1900b