Elite visa or a similar visa question

On 5/23/2023 at 12:45 AM, Misty said:

Various multinationals advising our firm for many years.

I'll take their detailed knowledge of the law over happy talk on an internet forum.

So per the various multinationals advising your firm, any company employee/official  entering Thailand to visit an office, factory or other company facility in an official capacity regardless of the duration requires a work permit? 

• Thumbs Up 1

"legal or illegal" is completely up to the officer looking for a tip )

none of friends won that verbal battle with them "no, it was not working illegally, I was browsing Internet" or "helping my friend to paint a fence". They are and always will have the last word.

Even packing and sending few parcels at ThailandPost in Pattaya was considered "illegal work without work permit" and cost one dude  3.000 thb in bribe.

InterTaG, an employment agency and Social Enterprise, part of the Thai Sprout Program, can provide Smart Talent visas coming with work authorization for such purposes. We have very cost-effective solutions for active people, digital nomads, etc. in Thailand. These visas can be delivered to any country with a Thai Consulate, before entering, or picked up in Bangkok. You may contact us over our website https://thailand-success.solutions

Rosho

• Confused 1

On 5/20/2023 at 8:58 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Good we at least agree on one point.

However you are still desperately trying to claim that working while you are in Thailand is not work!!! So it does not need a work permit 

I do know that one needs a work permit to work in Thailand

It makes no difference if your work doesn’t involve the Thai labour market it is working in Thailand q.e.d. it is against Thai law that you claim to understand.

As I have stated, repeatedly, I know that the authorities in charge of policing, at the moment, are not enforcing the law, this can change at any time but until someone high enough up decides to change the law it is clearly illegal 

That is what I have been saying all the time. I have taken the liberty of highlighting the point made. Tolerance of a breach of the law doesn’t make it legal, it just means that you are unlikely to have problems. 

If you want to find out if there will be problems just start a very widely advertised  recruitment agency stating that you are going to employ people to work from Thailand stating that working without a work permit is legal because the work doesn’t involve Thailand so tourists are welcome. Make sure that you advertise often and very visibly in the Thai press.

Make enough noise and one of two things will happen (I can have a good chance of knowing which one) scenario 1; you will be welcomed by the authorities and the law will have an exception for your idea, scenario 2; after sufficient time has passed you will be shut down hard and everyone else working illegally will have to watch their backs .

opening (starting) a recruitment agency would mean you have a Thai company therefore employees in Thailand. 

Prior to moving to Thailand I came to Thailand on a regular basis and our company was only required to get me a B visa for meetings, a work permit was not required for business meetings.