Elite visa or a similar visa question

Hi

I have a friend from Azerbaijan. He is doing some kind of work between there and thailand. His office pays all the expenses. The problem is everytime he enters thailand with a tourist visa. Before it was not a problem for him but he told me now its becoming a problem. 

He wants to get elite visa or any other similar visa which will help him for entering thailand without any problem. 

He wants to know how to get and the needed documents or any info about elit visa or any other visa.

Obviously Ed visa is not an option plus its not the right visa type.

Thanks

Its not really clear: is he coming to Thailand to work? 

It's not legal to work on an elite visa.  You can not get a work permit on an elite visa.

If all work was online, doesnt involve thai companies and no financial aspects were done in Thailand, then in reality; how would they know?

www.thailandelite.com

He can apply directly there.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As he works in Thailand, the Elite visa isn't the right visa type either.

he is not working. its like he comes and do some work for his company based in his own country and go back to his country. to be honest i dont know what he is doing.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

Its not really clear: is he coming to Thailand to work? 

It's not legal to work on an elite visa.  You can not get a work permit on an elite visa.

If all work was online, doesnt involve thai companies and no financial aspects were done in Thailand, then in reality; how would they know?

www.thailandelite.com

He can apply directly there.

thank you

he is not working. its like he comes and do some work for his company based in his own country and go back to his country. to be honest i dont know what he is doing.

i will pass him the link

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

thank you

i will pass him the link

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Hi

I have a friend from Azerbaijan. He is doing some kind of work between there and thailand.

He is working or he is not working?

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Are you sure?

It would mean your acting illegaly if you're hollidaying on a TV in Thailand  and holding team meetings via skype, maintain company-pcs via teamviewer or manage your investments online.

Holding team meetings via Skype (or another platform) is working hence illegal.

Maintaining company-pcs via teamviewer  (or another platform) is working hence illegal..

Conversely managing your investments online is not work, so legal.

if you are replying to work emails it is working hence illegal.

That you are very unlikely to be found out is irrelevant to its illegality 

it really is very simple.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Everyone getting their panties in a twist about someone else working... 

It seems the guy is working on rotation overseas and when he visits Thailand he also does some remote work online.

This is exactly the same as the online worked carried out by ‘digital nomads’ - officials have no issue with this in Thailand. 

The Thai Elite visa would be perfect for him.

The official website: https://www.thailandelite.com

(note thats the only official website - anything else is an agent or intermediary). 

Thank you

58 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems the guy is working on rotation overseas and when he visits Thailand he also does some remote work online.

This is exactly the same as the online worked carried out by ‘digital nomads’ - officials have no issue with this in Thailand. 

There is no official position on that kind of work.

That officials have largely ignored it means nothing.

At some point it will become something to address, probably because doing so will help a politician. When that time comes it will either be stamped on hard or be made legal, your guess is as good as mine as to when and which way the decision goes.

You have probably been hear long enough to know that because something was done before means little to what will happen in the future 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Hi

I have a friend from Azerbaijan. He is doing some kind of work between there and thailand.

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

he is not working. its like he comes and do some work for his company based in his own country

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's his frequent visits on TVs that are the issue, not how to hide his work.

Exactly... such frequent visits are an issue for many people, especially those who work a lot overseas and / or rotate to overseas work. 

For those under 50 who are not married there are limited options - Thai Elite Visa conveniently fills that gap (for a cost of course).

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Is this your interpretation of the law or is it to read somewhere in official papers?

I do not interpret the law, I can understand the law.

If you can quote the law that permits working in Thailand without a work permit I would like to be corrected.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I do not interpret the law, I can understand the law.

If you can quote the law that permits working in Thailand without a work permit I would like to be corrected.

No you don’t... you just make up your own examples of what Thai Immigration would consider ‘work’. 

You are basically making stuff up and trying to suggest that Thailand has a 'black and white’ outlook on this rather than the ‘grey area’ it permits.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It seams that you have difficulty in understanding the you are not permitted to work without a work permit.

It also seams that you are desperately trying to say that working on line is somehow not working when it clearly is.

I do know that one needs a work permit to work in Thailand. Quite easy to comprehend.

But it seems you have difficulties to understand that it is your interpretation of the law  and nothing else if you claim all proessional activities are defined as "work", even if it has nothing to do with Thai labour market, Thai tax system, Thai laws and the only possible connection to Thailand is to use a domestic ISP.

It would be more than your opinion, if you had ONE example of a foreigner was charged for illegal work because he took part in anonline meeting or wrote a software script for his company at home while relaxing besides his pool.

And by the way "retired but working more"? Do you have a work permit? or is  your work no work?

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1