Samsung Watch Battery Replacement. I need someone to replace battery for me.

DudleySquat

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Samsung service place.

Any good watch shop.

Hell, this thing has a rechargeable Lithium/Ion battery.

Wouldn't be sure whether traditional watch shops have such spare part.

It's much more similar to replacing a smartphone battery.

Go to Samsung Service center.

It's off North Pattaya rd.

https://goo.gl/maps/hSwbr4xBwoGmzpxY9

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

won't do it myself as it is too risky.

Agree, tearing apart (remove motherboard), tear off those thin gold coated connectors is for calm handed.

Also the battery is seemingly "glued" with thermal paste(?) or something else (not sure).

Picture after removing motherboard and battery:

image.png.611e79e39243444ceda7270e6b4bf941.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hell, this thing has a rechargeable Lithium/Ion battery.

Wouldn't be sure whether traditional watch shops have such spare part.

It's much more similar to replacing a smartphone battery.

Go to Samsung Service center.

It's off North Pattaya rd.

https://goo.gl/maps/hSwbr4xBwoGmzpxY9

Oh no, a lithium battery. Be careful it doesn't catch fire!   :cheesy:

Who wears a watch anymore these days? With clocks nearly everywhere as well as one on your phone I feel there is no need for a watch and I seriously question how these small shops in the Big Cs and such stay in business selling nothing but watches.

I gave up wearing a watch many years ago but still have around 10 or so in the jewelry box. Even a couple antique pocket watches that were passed down to me decades ago. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I tried Samsung  but it ended up being so expensive I decided on buying a new updated Samsung Watch  4.  (Now they have 5).

I originally bought a battery from Lazada and had a watch repair shop put it in and that failed after 24 hours. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I tried Samsung  but it ended up being so expensive I decided on buying a new updated Samsung Watch  4.  (Now they have 5).

I originally bought a battery from Lazada and had a watch repair shop put it in and that failed after 24 hours. 

The battery would come from iFixit in the USA.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Who wears a watch anymore these days? With clocks nearly everywhere as well as one on your phone I feel there is no need for a watch and I seriously question how these small shops in the Big Cs and such stay in business selling nothing but watches.

I gave up wearing a watch many years ago but still have around 10 or so in the jewelry box. Even a couple antique pocket watches that were passed down to me decades ago. 

A watch is the only accessory a man should wear. Everything else is garish and a bit effeminate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

They will likely charge me more than the cost of a new watch. 

You can try cheap at any smartphone repair booth at Tukcom.

The job is very similar.

Spare part is found on multiple sites so they may have.

Not quite sure what you really want.

And charging high for repair by Samsung/Apple and other gadget manufacturers is called "marketing".

And as I see it works fine.

Edited by KhunBENQ

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And charging high for repair by Samsung/Apple and other gadget manufacturers is called "marketing".

Or it's called 'using an authorized and trained service representative'. 

Something I use when I need my car/truck serviced. I am happy to pay a little more to have a qualified person doing the job rather than any Somchai off the street.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You can try cheap at any smartphone repair booth at Tukcom.

The job is very similar.

Spare part is found on multiple sites so they may have.

Not quite sure what you really want.

Marketing? Overcharging for a repair and for the part is not nice. I can buy a battery replacement kit with tools from iFixit in the USA.  It is a bit more detailed than I would like.  

It's not the same as reconstructing a penis in a funeral home.  That's easy.

2 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

The battery would come from iFixit in the USA.  

Probably better than the battery I ordered. 

I originally had problems charging my watch a year beforehand.  I sent it to Samsung via mail to a friend in the USA and he forwarded it on to the Samsung repair shop.  It was under warranty, but only in the USA. 

I've found it better just to buy the watch in the country of residency just in case it breaks within the warranty.

The newer Samsung watches like the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or light years ahead of the watches even 5 years old. 

11 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Probably better than the battery I ordered. 

I originally had problems charging my watch a year beforehand.  I sent it to Samsung via mail to a friend in the USA and he forwarded it on to the Samsung repair shop.  It was under warranty, but only in the USA. 

I've found it better just to buy the watch in the country of residency just in case it breaks within the warranty.

The newer Samsung watches like the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or light years ahead of the watches even 5 years old. 

I push my watch.  I swim with it.  I listen to Spotify on it. I bought it second-hand from a Norwegian with all papers and receipts.  It's no longer under warranty.  It tends to overheat too.  Currently, I cannot get more than 1 hour of playing music on my phone and then it dies. 

18 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

That's a good point.  I can buy a new one and give this to my son.  He won't use it like I did, so it might work better for him.

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ah, I see, based on nothing, then.   Or are you saying that Samsung has been ripping you off for 73 years?

Don't put words in my mouth. It's not tasteful.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

You've been wearing watches for 73 years and have had batteries replaced by Samsung all that time?

Damn, you must be at least 100 years old then.

Surmise what you want, but you are not being helpful. Aren't you ashamed? 

16 hours ago, topt said:

I do for 1. :thumbsup:

Yes so do I, it seems easier than getting the phone out and performing a few swiping motions or whatever is required. The pics above make it look like they make it especially difficult to do a battery replacement....can't they be recharged like the phone? Or is there built in obsolescence...which makes buying one a mugs game!