‘Not Thailand anymore’: Russians are flocking to this resort island — but not all is well in paradise

webfact

Boo-hoo... We want many tourists, preferably 40 billion of them, and big money. But on second thought, we actually don't want too many pesky tourists...

Not to mention that most Thai 'residents' on Phuket('s west coast) are not locals, but come from other parts of Thailand, living on-and-off on Phuket.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

The Russian tourists are welcomed by Thailand 

Whether they are fleeing from Russia or what ever reason 

Phuket will welcome the business and money  ???? into their economy 

As long as they obey the Immigration rules  should be more than

welcome ???? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Fat, rude, obnoxious, entitled, chain smoking, beer and vodka swilling reprobates …. and then of course, there are their husbands ¯\_()_/¯

Maybe you are being slightly unfair? Most of the Russian women I have seen are smokin hot!????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Those are the ones with money and are connected in all probability, lets see them burning Putin effigies and protesting against the war if they are not complicit I would say ????    

It's quite easy to be a brave protester behind the keyboard, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

it took me much too long, for instance, not to get sarky when I would hold a door open for someone and they would sail past me without saying thank-you. But the problem was mine - it is not expected in Russian culture to thank someone for holding a door for them, so why would they do it?

We’re they equally ambivalent when you slammed it into their face… ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That's exactly what I would do as a Russian.

Agree but why aren't they protesting the hell out of it from their sunlounges because it cant be they don't know what's going on like the captive domestic population they have left behind ????  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Fat, rude, obnoxious, entitled, chain smoking, beer and vodka swilling reprobates …. and then of course, there are their husbands ¯\_()_/¯

????????

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No, no, no! It's truly awful. Believe me. People really, really need to stay well away from Isaan.

Fine with me.... We dont want you to come anyway...
Isaan is fine as it is, without you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Maybe you are being slightly unfair? Most of the Russian women I have seen are smokin hot!????

22 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Couldn’t stand all the thongs….? ???? 

I prefer men wear the boxer type suits ????   no borat style banana hammocks either

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

It still does—stunning women, quiet lifestyle, lower cost of living.  And coastal areas only a few hours away.

You forgot to mention the cooler weather, I heard it got above 50 degrees for several days recently 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I don't mind the Russians, they keep to themselves, most don't bother others and you rarely hear them moaning and complaining like some. 

We've got a few moaners and complainers here. 

HUH ? they are degusting arrogant pigs. I just spent 4 months in Jomtien in a Russian condo block and I wasnt aware there were a thousand of them. never ever again bye bye Jomtien !!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I prefer men wear the boxer type suits ????   no borat style banana hammocks either

Fully agree about the men wearing shorts or boxer type, but hot women in thongs, wow!????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1