Move Forward coalition formally announced

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

All the parties will work with honesty and if an individual is found to be involved in corruption or malfeasance, they would terminated immediately.

Who by? The Terminator?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, anchadian said:

Pravit Rojanaphruk

@PravitR

Ran into undercover special branch police contact on way out from MOU presser at Conrad Hotel. He said deep state will not let Pita become PM bcoz MFP supporters verbally very abusive towards monarchy. Coup later a possibility.

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1660622159310626816

Somehow I doubt that an "undercover special branch policeman" would have been passing that sort of information about at that sort of event. Unless, possibly, he wished to alert the "ex but still in the loop special forces community" before they got too settled on their bar stools, and the "1000 yard stares" became too pronounced.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dinsdale said:

There is of course another factor in this whole chirade and it is what cannot be said. I do hope down the line 112 will be reformed. A 15 year old girl got locked up. Makes you wonder.

and shows how far the unmentionable is prepared to go to keep the goods. locals are naive to think they can topple the pyramid, though I hope I'm wrong 

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You know, I don't think that the "pyramid" is that invulnerable.

I think that you are wrong.

Yes it looks like a massive solid structure, but maybe that is deceptive. 

The pinnacle emphatically does not have the respect and loyalty that was accorded by the Thai people to it's predecessor.

The next layers, the courts, bureaucracies, and the big economic players, whilst keen to keep the status quo, will be divided and weakened By their desire to survive.

Control of the traditional media is now largely irrelevant. It didn't stop huge numbers voting for parties which had little access to that media. The same could be said about the traditional educational system. I have a teenage daughter, until recently I taught teenagers. I listened to them, occasionally ( very carefully) discussed ideas with them. Many are well informed and have strong opinions. These are expressed and discussed mainly on "social medias". Control of which, because the dinosaurs have come to realise it too late, is now about as practical as herding cats. It is not all "Black and Pink" and photos of illicit beers!

Finally, the crunch. The engines of oppression. The police are held in contempt. They can't even enforce crash helmets, let alone keep the population in line. The military, well with the exception of a small well equipped "Praetorian Guard" who could probably hold the government quarter of Bangkok the rest is made up of unwilling conscripts, effectively untrained, immobile, with obscelesent equipment, scattered around the countryside, their higher echelons so riven with corruption and ineptitude that they would be unable even if they were willing to act coherently (fight).

So in my summary the pyramid, although appearing solid, has been and is being eroded by the strong currents swirling around its base.

I think I have exhausted that analogy!

So, basically, little has changed.

The pyramid exists  -  weaker at the top and less solid in parts - but don't for a moment think that it has disappeared.

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

So, basically, little has changed.

The pyramid exists  -  weaker at the top and less solid in parts - but don't for a moment think that it has disappeared.

Weaker and less solid - much more likely to collapse.

Once it is down, then they won't be able to reconstruct from the rubble.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You know, I don't think that the "pyramid" is that invulnerable.

I think that you are wrong.

Yes it looks like a massive solid structure, but maybe that is deceptive. 

The pinnacle emphatically does not have the respect and loyalty that was accorded by the Thai people to it's predecessor.

The next layers, the courts, bureaucracies, and the big economic players, whilst keen to keep the status quo, will be divided and weakened By their desire to survive.

Control of the traditional media is now largely irrelevant. It didn't stop huge numbers voting for parties which had little access to that media. The same could be said about the traditional educational system. I have a teenage daughter, until recently I taught teenagers. I listened to them, occasionally ( very carefully) discussed ideas with them. Many are well informed and have strong opinions. These are expressed and discussed mainly on "social medias". Control of which, because the dinosaurs have come to realise it too late, is now about as practical as herding cats. It is not all "Black and Pink" and photos of illicit beers!

Finally, the crunch. The engines of oppression. The police are held in contempt. They can't even enforce crash helmets, let alone keep the population in line. The military, well with the exception of a small well equipped "Praetorian Guard" who could probably hold the government quarter of Bangkok the rest is made up of unwilling conscripts, effectively untrained, immobile, with obscelesent equipment, scattered around the countryside, their higher echelons so riven with corruption and ineptitude that they would be unable even if they were willing to act coherently (fight).

So in my summary the pyramid, although appearing solid, has been and is being eroded by the strong currents swirling around its base.

I think I have exhausted that analogy!

I can't wait to see it, these archaic forms of power imploding are as inevitable as a supernova. I hope it happens sooner than later, but I also recognize nobody wants to be the one that relinquishes a dynasty, and there are a few more cards 'nobody' can play that have won the chips in the past... every single time for a perfect record. I remain cautiously realistic, but have been burned too many times to flip the switch to optimism quite yet. also, to upend a pyramid of this caliber will take a certain amount of spilled blood for international focus to add pressure... bloodless coupes to overturn new governments are easy enough here, but a centuries old pyramid (wherever it is) will take much more sacrifice to dismantle, IMHO 

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Once it is down, then they won't be able to reconstruct from the rubble.

"IF" it collapses.

A BIG "IF" that.......................are you sure you are not wishful thinking?  The old guard will give up lightly.

I was a teacher of high school students in Bangkok for years and yes, the young are certainly not constrained by the establishment. Their frustration and contempt for the status quo was made evident to me time and again.

But it's a different matter for those over 50. Many still believe in the traditional values. If it came to an uprising I believe they will stick with the status quo, as will every political party except MF.

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

"IF" it collapses.

A BIG "IF" that.......................are you sure you are not wishful thinking?  The old guard will give up lightly.

This sort of change, if/when it happens will accelerate very quickly. Once those pressing for change realise that the cracks are widening, and that the "establishment" do not have anything to really stop it with...

The crux of my argument is that the old guard ultimately rely on the threat of the military, but it is essentially a paper tiger. You can for example demand the battalions in XYZ move to put down protests which you have decided are rebellious, but if they don't, because the troops won't, and because they don't have any transport because for the last ten years when a truck has broken down you haven't fixed it, and anyway they don't have any ammunition, rations or radio batteries, the gas parts on their 50 year old rifles are shagged and don't work; then it all collapses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

I was a teacher of high school students in Bangkok for years and yes, the young are certainly not constrained by the establishment. Their frustration and contempt for the status quo was made evident to me time and again.

But it's a different matter for those over 50. Many still believe in the traditional values. If it came to an uprising I believe they will stick with the status quo, as will every political party except MF.

Those over 50 were in their 30s when the "old order" started denying them their votes. They have voted, only to have their decisions snatched away, four times now, over the course of twenty years; twice by coups, once by a "judicial coup " and once by a blatantly rigged election. The "traditional values" were dependent on one focus. It is gone. There is nothing now which can represent "traditional values".

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 2

21 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Perfect way to celebrate the coup anniversary. The 10 year anniversary should be celebrated by indicting the criminals who participated in the coup.

Hope springs eternal and wishful thinking is admirable......yet, nothing will come about in the manner that you speak of.

They'll be allowed to hang around in the wings awaiting the chance [and situations] to pounce again. 

Thainess. 

• Like 1