Under consideration stamp

Is the immigration office flexible for a few days when it comes to the "under consideration" stamp, since at the end of 30 days under consideration period, I need to leave thailand for a few days, not that the day coincidences while I'm out.

My now: Visa is non immigrant B.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

with a re-entry permit you can enter and leave Thailand before the underconsideration period ends. But you must be in Thailand on the day the under consideration period ends and visit immigration. They will not like it if you come after that date. If you are not even in Thailand on that date your permisison of stay ended and you will only be allowed a visa exempt entry (if you qualify) and have to get a new non-O visa and start the whole process again.

Explain your situation and ask if they can give you the extension before the end of consideration, you will need a re-entry permit from immigration anyway.

• Like 2

In my province I can apply for extension up to 45 days before expiry of the previous extension. I'm then asked to come back on the day of expiry, but could ask the IO to come back after 30 days, in which case the new extension will expire 15 earlier than the previous one. Check with the IO at your place, this might solve your problem. 

• Confused 2

But is the officer,(if asked kindly) flexible (has authority) to adjust the report back date for under consideration a few days, so it won't precisely hit the days while out of country?

The report back date is pretty must fixed and must be stamped on the forms they send to HQ for approval of the extension, so the immigration officer has not much flexibility. 

If you have not already used it, you can get a 60 day extension for visiting your Thai wife. That will give you enough time to leave and return and after that extend based on marriage.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Janis said:

Extension also exists for non immigrant business?

I'm not on marriage visa.

The 60-day extension to visit your wife exists for every kind of permission to stay with very few exceptions. The most important restriction is that you are only allowed one such extension since the last time you entered Thailand with a visa or visa exempt (entry with a re-entry permit does not entitle you to an additional one if you already used your single allowed one since last entering with a visa).

Never had an "under consideration" stamp when applying for yearly extensions based on a Non-B entry Visa. The extensions were always completed on the day of application, even when I stopped working and moved to an "extension by reason of retirement". All the foreigners that I worked with in the later years were the same.

Sure you are not on and have applied for an "extension by reason of marriage"

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Janis said:

Must be because you work in bkk.

In the provinces it needs to be send to HQ, hence 30 days.

No, the norm is an extension the same day you apply. Only for marriage there is a waiting period as these must be approved by a committe which checks if the mariage is genuine. So check with your immigraiton office what the approval ttime is and as said, often you can aply up to 45 days early. With 30 days before the expirationdate being the norm.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:06 AM, BritTim said:

The 60-day extension to visit your wife exists for every kind of permission to stay with very few exceptions. The most important restriction is that you are only allowed one such extension since the last time you entered Thailand with a visa or visa exempt (entry with a re-entry permit does not entitle you to an additional one if you already used your single allowed one since last entering with a visa).

Sorry for posting here, IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A RE-ENTRY PERMIT IF YOU ARE IN THAILAND USING A VISA EXEMPT STAMP ENTRY? Sorry again and thank you very much much. This is crucial for my next moves. RIP and THANK YOU, JOE.