Easiest place/way to get THB for £

tremsy

12 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

SuperRich gave close to the best rates last time I went a few months ago. Take your passport.

SuperRich Esplanade Khaerai Money Exchange

Address: 56 Esplanade Ngamwongwan Rd, Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand

You right about SuperRich but unless a large amount is being exchanged the differences in rate from various exchanges/banks is negligible and costs to get to an exchange with a slightly better rate often out weigh the exchange benefit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Exchange booth as an obvious first resort.

NSS.! 

Yes, that's why I used the word "obvious" in response to a poster who claimed exchange booths should be the last resort to use for currency exchange.  Sherlock.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, that's why I used the word "obvious" in response to a poster who claimed exchange booths should be the last resort to use for currency exchange.  Sherlock.

Woosh????

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No other reasonable way of interpreting his OP...he clearly said he wants a place where he can get THB for £.

If having notes (didn't specify, and I didn't assume), then why ask, as only 1 real place to get ... bank.  Exchange booths, are simply extension of, one way or another.

Unless we're concerned about a few satang per note, though transport to/from would probably negate that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

If having notes (didn't specify, and I didn't assume), then why ask, as only 1 real place to get ... bank.  Exchange booths, are simply extension of, one way or another.

Unless we're concerned about a few satang per note, though transport to/from would probably negate that.

Exactly what I posted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

How on earth does somebody end up in Nontaburi with a bundle of GBP not knowing how/where to change it into THB?  Kidnapping?

Perhaps he's just a normal person  wanting to exchange some GBP to THB (where did he say that he had a "bundle" of £?) and he's not familiar with the area.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps he's just a normal person  wanting to exchange some GBP to THB (where did he say that he had a "bundle" of £?) and he's not familiar with the area.

A normal person would ask Siri ????

9 hours ago, Upnotover said:

How on earth does somebody end up in Nontaburi with a bundle of GBP not knowing how/where to change it into THB?  Kidnapping?

Well, the Mrs ask me nip out to Corner Shop & get some sausages... bumped into a couple of mates, went for a few pints and...

Edited by Lokie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

(where did he say that he had a "bundle" of £?)

Why would he have a single five pound note? Or a bag of UK coins?

I've no idea, why are you asking me that?  I didn't say that he had one fiver, or coins.

• Like 1