Ron DeSantis will launch his presidential bid with Elon Musk

onthedarkside

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

We shall see.  Personally, I think Senator Scott would be a better candidate than DeSantis. Does he also fit conveniently into your little box of slurs?  

How is a black man going to win the MAGA white nationalist voters over?

You may as well be supporting Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny for president.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

8 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Pretty sure he meant Tim Scott-R-SC who announced a run for President. He is the other 'bachelor' Senator from South Carolina. He has a huge unspent war chest leftover from his recent Senate reelection.

You are likely 99.999 percent correct. One problem for Scott is that he is a 57 year old  bachelor. Given the anti-gay sentiment among Republicans, how likely is the suspicion the Scott is gay not going to be an issue?

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

You are actually using..........Steve Schmidt............. as anything other than the sad punchline to a joke?  After the train wreck that was the Lincoln Project?  Come on, man!  

Nice evasive post, 10 out of 10 for avoiding the topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How is a black man going to win the MAGA white nationalist voters over?

You may as well be supporting Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny for president.

I think the maga fascists would support a black person if they were disgusting enough. For example, Candace Owens. I don't think Scott's problem is being black or single. It's being meh. What is he trying to be? Warmed over Ronald Reagan? There is no market for that.

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think the maga fascists would support a black person if they were disgusting enough. For example, Candace Owens. I don't think Scott's problem is being black or single. It's being meh. What is he trying to be? Warmed over Ronald Reagan? There is no market for that.

Racists are….. racist.

49 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Yes, they may like having a few token people of colour around, but white nationalists aren’t voting for a black president.

Anecdotally - We had two American vendors at our site in 2008 and they were adamant America wasn’t ready for a black president. Racism goes to the bone. These yanks were on par with the ultra racist South Africans we were also blessed to have in our company. They would both be MAGA nutters now.

MAGA is old, uneducated, poor and white - they arent voting a black man president.

Well vice president anyway.

I really don't think Scott's problem is being black.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

You are likely 99.999 percent correct. One problem for Scott is that he is a 57 year old  bachelor. Given the anti-gay sentiment among Republicans, how likely is the suspicion the Scott is gay not going to be an issue?

As long as Scott doesn't take months off to breast feed, I don't see a problem.

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

MAGA is old, uneducated, poor and white - they arent voting a black man president.

Ahh, here they are again, the "deplorables".

Such miserable people should not be allowed to vote, should they?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stay classy. You obviously refer to the deeply homophobic attacks on Pete Buttigeig by the maga fascists when his family had a child and he took fully legit parental leave for that. Shame on you for posting such garbage. 

Don't get personal with me, I'm allowed my opinion. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

One person, one vote - deplorable or not, all are equal at the ballot box (even if the deplorable’s have a habit of not accepting the outcome when they lose).

Should the MAGA deplorables win - do you think American democracy will survive? (What a sad question to have to ask)

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

One person, one vote - deplorable or not, all are equal at the ballot box (even if the deplorable’s have a habit of not accepting the outcome when they lose).

Should the MAGA deplorables win - do you think American democracy will survive? (What a sad question to have to ask)

American democracy is not nearly as fragile as some fragile people on the left fear.  It could stand civil war, world war, FDR, and Vietnam.  A couple years of a tv star wont do any harm.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

American democracy is not nearly as fragile as some fragile people on the left fear.  It could stand civil war, world war, FDR, and Vietnam.  A couple years of a tv star wont do any harm.

Interesting view on FDR.

Almost universally rated the 3rd best president after Lincoln and Washington.

MAGA warps the brain I guess.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Nobody said that!

It's actually the maga fascist party that understands that they must systemically suppress poor, minority, and urban voters to have any chance of winning the presidency again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

All democracies are incredibly fragile. 

The fundamentals of democracy, particularly regular and honest elections, a free media, the rule of law and the rights of minorities, are under attack around the world. Last year was the 12th consecutive one in which the number of countries becoming more free were outnumbered by those becoming less so.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/21/democracy-is-more-fragile-than-many-of-us-realised-but-do-not-believe-that-it-is-doomed

Yes but the maga fascists don't actually care about saving democracy. They care only about taking total power (and never letting go) for their perverted ideology of ignorance and hate.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Stay classy. You obviously refer to the deeply homophobic attacks on Pete Buttigeig by the maga fascists when his family had a child and he took fully legit parental leave for that. Shame on you for posting such garbage. 

Correction -- I hadn't realized that Buttigeig's family had premature twins.  

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Interesting view on FDR.

Almost universally rated the 3rd best president after Lincoln and Washington.

MAGA warps the brain I guess.

FDR was more a fascist than any current politician. His disgraceful treatment of Japanese Americans alone singles him out for shame.  He was brutal on civil liberties and expanded federal power far beyond what is/was needed. 

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

As long as Scott doesn't take months off to breast feed, I don't see a problem.

Realistically, how much chance has a gay, black guy got of being elected by the right wing, especially evangelicals? Obviously I believe none of that should matter but in the real world he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Meantime, your bigotry is showing.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tim Scott if gay which is highly doubtful is certainly not out.

Being single doesn't mean you're gay.

He is definitely anti gay though.

What a prize!

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2023/05/22/anti-lgbtq-republican-sen-tim-scott-enters-2024-presidential-race/

Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), who filed paperwork on Friday with the Federal Election Commission to run for president in 2024, kicked off his campaign for the GOP primary with an announcement address Monday morning in Charleston.

The only Black Republican member serving in the Senate, Scott developed a strident anti-LGBTQ record since entering national politics in 2010 with his first election to the House, during which time he told Newsweek homosexuality is a “morally wrong choice, like adultery.”

Today, Scott remains opposed to same-sex marriage, writing on his Senate bio that South Carolinians “have voted overwhelmingly to protect the traditional definition of marriage, and I stand with their decision.”

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Realistically, how much chance has a gay, black guy got of being elected by the right wing, especially evangelicals? Obviously I believe none of that should matter but in the real world he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Meantime, your bigotry is showing.

Probably as much chance as an egomaniacal New York City adulterer.  Evangelicals will swallow their trepidation and vote for whoever they see as protecting their religious rights. 

Considering Sen. Scott was ALREADY elected in a fairly religious state, perhaps the bigotry that is showing is yours...

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Tim Scott if gay which is highly doubtful is certainly not out.

Being single doesn't mean you're gay.

He is definitely anti gay though.

What a prize!

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2023/05/22/anti-lgbtq-republican-sen-tim-scott-enters-2024-presidential-race/

Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), who filed paperwork on Friday with the Federal Election Commission to run for president in 2024, kicked off his campaign for the GOP primary with an announcement address Monday morning in Charleston.

The only Black Republican member serving in the Senate, Scott developed a strident anti-LGBTQ record since entering national politics in 2010 with his first election to the House, during which time he told Newsweek homosexuality is a “morally wrong choice, like adultery.”

Today, Scott remains opposed to same-sex marriage, writing on his Senate bio that South Carolinians “have voted overwhelmingly to protect the traditional definition of marriage, and I stand with their decision.”

OK, maybe he's just an incel. Being as stupid or if not stupid then perverse as he is would turn any girl off him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Don't get personal with me, I'm allowed my opinion. 

You certainly are just most folks find it offensive opinions are like(a certain part of the anatomy) everyone has one as far as bobble head Ron winning the presidency I highly doubt it he’s armed conceal carry every nutter who is scared to go unarmed,he’s set womens rights back 50 years,single handedly clobbered the Florida educational system,lost investment and jobs for Florida,proven himself a dolt on the world stage + the fun part is old Donnie will rip him a new one pop corn at the ready!