Target removes some LGBTQ products after threats

Social Media

1 hour ago, James105 said:

As someone who believes in a free market I don't really care what a company sells but it's quite funny to see the double standards of the left in action.  Imagine if Target sold a range of t-shirts or mugs with the perfectly legal phrase "It's okay to be white" written on them? How do you think that would go?  Are you going to pretend to yourself that you would not be outraged at this?  

I’d have no problem with that at all.

If someone wants to buy such a T-shirt and wear it in public I’d have no problem with that either.

Now can you explain this double standard you referred to?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I am getting sick of people who can't even answer the question: What is a woman?

And people who like to promote drag queens, etc. 

And people who pretend there is no difference between boys and girls.

I am no American and obviously I won't vote over there. But if I would vote then it would be difficult to decide if I want to support the people who don't know what a woman is or support the people who don't want to allow any abortion etc.

Bad and bad. Maybe Americans should talk more to each other and come back to common sense. But it seems that is a foreign concept for many over there. 

If you don’t like the answer you get or don’t get to a question you ask, stop asking the question.

I can get through most days without asking questions I won’t like the answer/non answer to, I’n almost sure you can too.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you like to cancel their opinion or are you content to let them air their opinion ?

Two points.

Firstly the right to express an opinion does not extend to making threats.

There are no ‘rights to express opinions’ while within somebody else’s business premises. The business owner might permit the expression of opinions but there is no right to express opinions, the business owners may at any time withdraw permission to express opinions within their business premises without infringing any rights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, I don't need to do any research to find out there are lots of people out there who are just nuts.

I have your posts for that purpose. 

So these people making you sick are folks you heard about from some one else. Do I have that correct?

Maybe work on not being so sick first.

It's coming to Thailand. I am sure you will like it:

Celebrate your true self and get inclusive healthcare at Bumrungrad’s Pride Clinic | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you don’t like the answer you get or don’t get to a question you ask, stop asking the question.

Really?

If I would go to see a doctor and that doctor wouldn't be able to truthfully answer such a simple question, then I definitely wouldn't see that doctor.

It seems you prefer to put your head in the sand and pretend there are only sane people out there. Good luck, you will need it. 

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’d have no problem with that at all.

If someone wants to buy such a T-shirt and wear it in public I’d have no problem with that either.

Now can you explain this double standard you referred to?

You are playing dumb now;  you know exactly what he is talking about.

Whenever any attempt to celebrate straight pride or white pride is made, it's shot down immediately and labeled as homophobic or racist. 

16 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Whenever any attempt to celebrate straight pride or white pride is made, it's shot down immediately and labeled as homophobic or racist. 

The only thing I recognize is your resort to your self stroking grievance.

If Target want to sell T-Shirts with dumb stuff written on them, and there are people dumb enough to buy them, I’m good with it.

If the same people want to broadcast their stupidity by wearing these T-shirts, I’m good with that too.

Though I would suggest they do

wear them to job interviews, or indeed anywhere they wish to make a positive impression.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Because they are.

Straight pride is every day.

White pride is Nazi stuff.

In contrast Kiss me I'm Italian is cute.

Honest people can make distinctions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Because they are.

Straight pride is every day.

White pride is Nazi stuff.

In contrast Kiss me I'm Italian is cute.

Honest people can make distinctions.

That's BS, man.

Everyone should be able to celebrate what they are without automatically being called a racist or whatever.

Straight pride is every day? I've never seen any straight pride celebrations. 

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

That's BS, man.

Everyone should be able to celebrate what they are without automatically being called a racist or whatever.

Straight pride is every day? I've never seen any straight pride celebrations. 

They have happened. 

Their theme is anti gay hate.

In Uganda the straight pride parade was about murdering gays 

Straight people dominate every country.

No need for a straight pride parade.

There isn't one US state where it's legal to fire someone for being straight.

In the majority of US states it's legal to fire someone for being gay.

White pride is adjacent to white power. Again Nazi stuff.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If Target want to sell T-Shirts with dumb stuff written on them, and there are people dumb enough to buy them, I’m good with it.

Like the rainbow flag and all that stuff? Isn't it just the same kind of thing?

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If the same people want to broadcast their stupidity by wearing these T-shirts, I’m good with that too.

Though I would suggest they do

wear them to job interviews, or indeed anywhere they wish to make a positive impressions 

And it's not just that Target is selling it, it's been shoved down everyone's throats for a while now.

Even worse, parents can't even stop the doctors giving their kids life altering treatments if they feel confused about their gender. They could lose their kids. It's nuts.

And no wonder kids might feel confused these days with their teachers completely disorientating them with concepts they aren't old enough to understand.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

They have happened. 

Their theme is anti gay hate.

In Uganda the straight pride parade was about murdering gays 

Straight people dominate every country.

No need for a straight pride parade.

Well, how about no Christmas, New Year, or Songkran then? Too many people might enjoy it, lol

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

There isn't one US state where it's legal to fire someone for being straight.

In the majority of US states it's legal to fire someone for being gay.

I doubt it. Got proof?

42 minutes ago, candide said:

There is no straight pride because straight people don't feel the need for it, as they are not facing any problem in society for being straight.

There is an LGBT pride for two main reasons:

- they celebrate their recent (more or less) equal rights,

- they protest for full equal rights in an untertaining way, because they are still facing problems.

The OP is a very good example: no one is threatening Target employees for selling clothes and other items for straight people.

When there are rare straight pride events their focus is anti gay hatred.

• Like 1

Right-wing agitator says he'll 'hunt' Phoenix LGBTQ supporters and they are 'not safe'

Opinion: The social media driven right-wing instigator, Ethan Schmidt, plans disruptions at Target stores around Phoenix and says LGBTQ supporters are 'not safe.'

I also like to hunt LGBT supporters on my free time. That’s one of my favorite pastimes, you know. Also we’re going to be going on hunting expeditions pretty soon, you know, hunting the LGBT supporters across Arizona and Phoenix. So, you know, keep an eye out for that because you’re not safe. If you support the LGBT agenda, you’re not safe. You’re not safe. Right, Kyle? (That's the driver, who responds, “yep.”)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2022/05/25/ethan-schmidt-target-plans-hunt-phoenix-lgbtq-supporters/9920043002/

This Ethan Schmidt dude seems like such a nice guy. ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_2BUXDcpcY

Edited by bamnutsak

1 hour ago, candide said:

There is no straight pride because straight people don't feel the need for it, as they are not facing any problem in society for being straight.

There is an LGBT pride for two main reasons:

- they celebrate their recent (more or less) equal rights,

- they protest for full equal rights in an untertaining way, because they are still facing problems.

The OP is a very good example: no one is threatening Target employees for selling clothes and other items for straight people.

You don't have equal rights already?

What don't they have?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Are you seriously saying that transgender people don't exist?

thats quite a leap, where did the poster say that?

seems to me that twisting other folks word like this is the root of the whole problem. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...