Transport Costs from China

I recently moved from China, sent a dozen boxes by China Post.  Sending small parcels surface mail to Thailand is 18 RMB/kg, or US$2.50/kg.  I think maximum weight is 32 kg, so they'd be going with a private shipper. 

Other shippers will accept larger packages, price should be similar.  If they're quoting you US$500, that should be something like Fedex air express. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Thanks Pink. How many kgs?

I just checked and your weight is about half mine. The company just said that freight is calculated on volume not weight, so US$500 is probably about right. They also said transport inside China as well.

5 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I recently moved from China, sent a dozen boxes by China Post.  Sending small parcels surface mail to Thailand is 18 RMB/kg, or US$2.50/kg.  I think maximum weight is 32 kg, so they'd be going with a private shipper. 

Other shippers will accept larger packages, price should be similar.  If they're quoting you US$500, that should be something like Fedex air express. 

No it's by sea. The volume is fairly large. Two of these.

Screenshot_20230526_125550_Messenger.jpg

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

You'd need to look up the VAT and customs duties on sporting goods, but I'd guess that $500 quote would include about $250 import duties and about $100 VAT. 

Shouldn't be any import duties between China and Thailand IF you have the correct paperwork.

A few of us were going to import rolladoors for house, garage etc. There was a special for we used. Will have to look it up again.

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Ask them to ship THAILAND special line, the freight is a bit more expensive, but it includes duty and it works out massively cheaper

Thats what I used!

Pink

Moderator: Please delete all about freight cost if you want as probably should not be in alt. Energy Forum.

In saying that; The guy I'm dealing with in China doesn't under Australian real well but is checking with his import/export company about FORM E. 

I suspect Thailand Special Line is FORM E.

Here's something about FORM E.

'For those who are looking for a way to import products from China, another important document to get to know is FORM E. This document is considered a document showing the origin of products between China and ASEAN countries. It is a document confirming various raw materials including specifying whether they are manufactured from China or other ASEAN countries.
Although most of importers know Form E document very well, but don't forget that sometimes importing products can cause problems. Therefore, importers should understand more in details:
The Shipper name and Consignee specified in FORM E must be the same as Bill of Lading.
Shipper is the seller. Consignee is the buyer. All letters must be correctly specified. One mistake will cause inoperable document.
Always put Shipping Mark on the document.
If you do not want to clarify the reason or do not want to put a guarantee, which is to pay all import tax in advance for every baht. After that, the matter will be brought to the relevant department. Every time you have to put a Shipping Mark on the documents; Otherwise you may have to pay full tax.
HS.Code or tax rate coordinates must always be checked from Shipping.
Before importing any kind of products from China, it is always better to check the tax rate by the Shipping first before exporting the goods. Suggest that you have to ask to Draft FORM E from the seller every time for checking before releasing the documents.
Commercial Invoice. Both the date and number must be the same as those written in FORM E.
Those who have imported will see that Channel 10 of the FORM E has a box to write the date and number of Commercial Invoice. Here, one needs be sure before writing. If something goes wrong, it has to be fixed in one place and it is very complicated.
The package amount, price specified in the invoice and packing list must be the same as used in FORM E.
All products specified in the invoice and packing must be specified in FORM E with the exact same amount and price. For products that do not use this form, it is not necessary to address. Do not forget to separate the list of goods, even if they have the same import tax rate.
The only way that items can be combined is the same price, same product type, may differ slightly in appearance, such as color, size, but must verify that it is actually the same product.
All of this is a simple story about the FORM E document that people who import products from China to Thailand need to know. The main reason is to help you get a good import tax discount than having to pay the full tax. It is quite tricky to be able to fix the wrong process.'

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Have you asked about Thailand Special Line or DDP (Delivery Duty Paid)??

I have asked about Thailand Special Line, he didn't seem to know about it. He said something about it's the Thailand Burma Line.

I haven't asked about Delivery Duty Paid.

He said that he asked about 15 import/export companies if the use Form C and they said they didn't. 

I have to research it more.

Do you know how much money you save by asking for Thailand Special Line, like US$200?

28 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Do you know how much money you save by asking for Thailand Special Line, like US$200?

Last time I got some stuff DDP/Thailand Special Line was about the same total shipping price, just a little slower and nothing to pay at this end.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Last time I got some stuff DDP/Thailand Special Line was about the same total shipping price, just a little slower and nothing to pay at this end.

But did they include some extra cost for duties in the price so that you didn't pay on delivery?

Just now, carlyai said:

But did they include some extra cost for duties in the price so that you didn't pay on delivery?

The actual shipping total was the same but without the worry of extra at this end.

So, for example: -

Original shipping cost $200 but with duty / VAT to pay on delivery.

DDP shipping cost $210 but with nothing to pay on delivery. 

I'm just happy not to have unpredictable charges when the kit lands on my doormat. Exactly how they manage this with Thai customs is in the "here be dragons" category, I'm assuming some kind of bulk-clearance arrangement.

• Thumbs Up 1

The batteries I recently had delivered cost quite a bit because of import duty, excise tax (not the same as duty), Dept. of interior tax and VAT There were also a few backhanders in amongst the add on bits because my import agent had to be extra nice due to short notice of import. There was also TISI to be lubricated to allow new technology to be imported by me in particular. Delivery cost to Bangkok port at $478 was included in the price.

Total added bits came to just over 25% of the "Made in China" price. The agent I used, Mac-Nels Shipping, is absolutely the best and kept things moving fast.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

you check out transport by truck?  2 or 3 years ago i bought a E Motorbike (around 50 KG) and a bit later an inflatable  boat  (around 30 KG)  First i checked by sea freight, as i thought this will be the cheapest way, but with all this add ups it was very expensive, (if  i remeber right , it was around 400 to 500 USD) plus the uncertainty about custom TAX and VAT. 

So I decided to send it by Truck to Bangkok. The supplier sends the order to the warehouse of the forwarder. The forwarder gives you a unique number which the supplier has to add on the outside of the package. Trucks are leaving everyday. Trip, for example, from Guangzhou warehouse to BKK takes around one week. They deliver to a warehouse outside BKK, where you have to pick it up by yourself. If you want delivery door to door, you have to pay extra. Both times I paid around 200 USD, that was a flat rate including transport,  custom tax and VAT.  Both times it worked very well and I was happy. Like I wrote, it was 2 or 3 years ago. No idea about prices now.

just google for road freight china to thailand, and you will see a few forwarders. PM me if you want the contact details of the forwarder i used
Edited by hadock
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

The batteries I recently had delivered cost quite a bit because of import duty, excise tax (not the same as duty), Dept. of interior tax and VAT There were also a few backhanders in amongst the add on bits because my import agent had to be extra nice due to short notice of import. There was also TISI to be lubricated to allow new technology to be imported by me in particular. Delivery cost to Bangkok port at $478 was included in the price.

Total added bits came to just over 25% of the "Made in China" price. The agent I used, Mac-Nels Shipping, is absolutely the best and kept things moving fast.

Forgot to add.

The total weight of batteries was 918kg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1