Siriraj Says All Beds For Critical Covid Patients Full

webfact

21 hours ago, Airalee said:

Yeah…I was just looking at their website.  It’s quite a nice hospital and very niche too.   Definitely not representative of a typical hospital here in Thailand.   The suites are huge!   Nice selection of restaurants, herb gardens, Ayurvedic treatment facilities, a museum…it even has an Apple products distributor and some sort of “prototype” gourmet grocery store.  Beautiful waterfront views too!

It’s a hospital for the (very) rich where the (assumably) high prices paid by the patients help to subsidize the government portion of Siriraj.

Interesting setup.

I’ll bet it’s very expensive and hopefully won’t be used as an example of what it might cost if someone ends up in the hospital with Covid.

Almost worth getting sick just to experience a stay there,  assuming its covered by ones insurance

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

A bit more info would help rather than a "throw away statement of "I got again this weekend"!

e.g.

What Strain

With or without previous vaccines

With or without face masks

What sort of circumstances

How many times,

How severe

Home or hospital treatment

etc?

Sure, more info. My post was intended to let people in Phuket know that covid is here and people are getting it.  I have no idea what strain I contracted, just that it shows positive on an antigen test. 

I am treating this at home.  Symptoms are uncomfortable but not close to a hospital visit.  I don't normally wear a mask, and my best guess is I got it at the crowded Phuket Town Immigration office.  I was there on Wed for several hours. 

My background is that I have had 3 covid vacs and I have contracted covid 3 times (5 months apart).  Interestingly and unfortunately, each covid infection I get is worse than the previous one.  

Edited by swerve
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, swerve said:

Sure, more info. My post was intended to let people in Phuket know that covid is here and people are getting it.  I have no idea what strain it I contracted, just that it shows positive on an antigen test. 

I am treating this at home.  Symptoms are uncomfortable but not close to a hospital visit.  I don't normally wear a mask, and my best guess is I got it at the crowded Phuket Town Immigration office.  I was there on Wed for several hours. 

My background is that I have had 3 covid vacs and I have contracted covid 3 times (5 months apart).  Interestingly and unfortunately, each covid infection I get is worse than the previous one.  

So are you having any doubts about the efficacy of the vaccines you recieved,?  will you be having any more?

To be honest your symptoms cannot be that bad if you can be bothered posting on here. I have had some unpleasant bouts of flu  were the symptoms were  genuinely really horrid and there was no way I would have been able to play on a computer or infact do anything at all other than lie in bed sweating shivering sneezing  and aching      Infinitely worse than any of the times I had covid ( I've had it 3 times too) 

I won't be having any more vaccines

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

So are you having any doubts about the efficacy of the vaccines you recieved,?  will you be having any more?

To be honest your symptoms cannot be that bad if you can be bothered posting on here. I have had some unpleasant bouts of flu  were the symptoms were  genuinely really horrid and there was no way I would have been able to play on a computer or infact do anything at all other than lie in bed sweating shivering sneezing  and aching      Infinitely worse than any of the times I had covid ( I've had it 3 times too) 

I won't be having any more vaccines

I won't be getting any more vacs.  My thoughts are that getting a covid infection should provide some lasting protection.  

Each covid infection for me had different symptoms, though they all had some fever.  My first was mainly felt in my nose and throat.  The second in my stomach.  The third as muscle aches.  The third is lasting longer than the first.

46 minutes ago, swerve said:

I won't be getting any more vacs.  My thoughts are that getting a covid infection should provide some lasting protection.  

Each covid infection for me had different symptoms, though they all had some fever.  My first was mainly felt in my nose and throat.  The second in my stomach.  The third as muscle aches.  The third is lasting longer than the first.

I think most viral infections cause some fever, it's the body's own defense mechanism. I totally agree that a dose of covid is going to provide as much protection as a vaccine. Since my last bout around a year ago I have been in close contact with several people who felt unwell and later tested   positive for covid and I did not develop any symptoms I also tested myself and was as I fully expected negative.

18 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

a dose of covid is going to provide as much protection as a vaccine.

Almost 700 people are currently hospitalized with COVID in Thailand right now either in serious condition and/or requiring intubation in order to breathe.

The government continues to say that most COVID deaths here are occurring either among the entirely vaccinated or the under-vaccinated (non boosted and/or long out-of-date vaccinations).

It's abundantly clear, as it always has been, that it's much safer for people's health overall to get vaccinated than to risk the health harms of COVID as an unvaccinated / under-vaccinated person.

From a government news report out today via Google Translate:

"The Department of Medicine recommends that people receiving the COVID-19 vaccine Not complete or not given a booster for more than 3 months should go get a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to help reduce the severity of being infected with COVID-19.

Due to the statistics of COVID patients who died in the past week, more than 90% are those who have not been vaccinated or have not completed the vaccine."

https://nbt2hd.prd.go.th/th/content/category/detail/id/2153/iid/185098

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

billd766 needs to read up before rushing to judgement, Suggest you read a few Government press releases re Covid and Songkran. Just to note a few 16/4, 20/4, 2/5. All state expectations are for Covid numbers to rise after Songkran but then of course the Government has been wrong before maybe billd766 should get a job as a government forecaster and health expert.?

Remember one MANS rubbish is another Mans treasure.  

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government continues to say that most COVID deaths here are occurring either among the entirely vaccinated or the under-vaccinated (non boosted and/or long out-of-date vaccinations).

Too late I've already had my 3 unremarkable doses of  Covid one of which was before the vaccines were even thought of,  and have made up my mind about further vaccinations  I won't be having any more. Not for me, thanks all the same!   Other people must of course make their own decisions

Bearing in mind  what you have just posted :    "most deaths occurring among the " entirely" vaccinated or "under" vaccinated "  and no mention at all about deaths amongst the "unvaccinated"  I now regret being vaccinated in the first place,  even more than I did before I read that  

47 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Department of Medicine recommends that people receiving the COVID-19 vaccine Not complete or not given a booster for more than 3 months should go get a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to help reduce the severity of being infected with COVID-19.

So now it's a shot in the arm every 3 months ???  for everybody in the world  ??? Or just in Thailand ?? either way  forget it  Not only is it effectively a logistical impossibility it's a sure sign, in my very humble opinion, that something is just not right 

Every Thai I know has a huge box, somewhere in the house, full to the brim of different coloured pills, mostly out of date ,  allegedly capable of curing every ailment  under the sun. my Mrs now uses a old beer chang box as her original container was not big enough !  Her older sister is a "medical professional" so the Mrs has a never ending supply.   Her doctor  recommends amoxicillin for a cold !!   It is a nation of hypochondriacs and with government advice like the above I can see why

39 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Bearing in mind  what you have just posted :    "most deaths occurring among the " entirely" vaccinated or "under" vaccinated "  and no mention at all about deaths amongst the "unvaccinated"

Obviously that was a typo on my part... The Thai government is saying the recent deaths mostly involve the UN vaccinated and UNDER vaccinated.... as has been the case all along.

42 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

So now it's a shot in the arm every 3 months ???

The Thai government has previously and publicly said they're moving toward an ANNUAL COVID vaccine program for this year and next year for the general public, to coincide with the flu shots period.

You have to make some allowances for how the Google Translate version of original Thai content handles the nuances of some things....

1 hour ago, Paul Henry said:

All state expectations are for Covid numbers to rise after Songkran but then of course the Government has been wrong before

I believe the famous Dr. Yong has lately been quoted as predicting the current COVID surge is likely to continue into June and July before subsiding....

That seems to be one prediction. I have no idea whether his predicted timeline will turn out to be too pessimistic or too optimistic... Waiting to find out as the weeks pass.