DeSantis Says Wife Would Be on Magazine Covers ‘if She Were a Democrat’

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

You dodged it. This is why we get bad politicians. Hardly anyone studies their policy ideas.

No I didn't. Do you not understand her job? Her job precludes broadcasting her personal policy positions if they differ from the president. She's only there to support the president's policy positions. She's not running for anything now except to continue to be Biden's VP. If you can't accept basic political realities, I can't help you.

Again, look at Biden's policy positions for any issue you are curious about. At this time Harris has the same positions.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No I didn't. Do you not understand her job? Her job precludes broadcasting her personal policy positions if they differ from the president. She's only there to support the president's policy positions. She's not running for anything now except to continue to be Biden's VP. If you can't accept basic political realities, I can't help you.

Again, look at Biden's policy positions for any issue you are curious about. At this time Harris has the same positions.

She is a middle aged woman. Her ideas would be established by now. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

She's a good looking woman, but I don't understand why first ladies matter, in either the looks or the intellect department. The best president ever could have a frump for a wife who sat at home clipping her callouses, and he'd still be the best president ever. The reverse is true too.

Magazines use assets that they believe their readership want to see.

If the "lefty" fashion mags aren't interested in the wife of a far right republican, perhaps NewsCorp still has some brands that might be?

Just a thought, but maybe it's her husbands personal and party's position on women's rights that influences her appeal?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, bignok said:

She's running for VP now representing Biden's agenda.

What you posted is irrelevant to that.

If there comes a time when she's running for president again that would be the time to bring out the opposition arguments.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If there comes a time when she's running for president again that would be the time to bring out the opposition arguments.

If Old Joe dies during his second term she won't have to run for president.

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If Old Joe dies during his second term she won't have to run for president.

That is correct.

There is no choice involved.

Just fate.

All you can do is guess how she would govern if that happened.

She'll govern as she's going to govern. 

Whatever actions and positions she has had in the past don't need to determine her future. She has been VP. She knows a lot more than she did before. She'd be very motivated to succeed as she'd want to run later.

Obsessing about what her "policy positions" are separate from Biden at this time is absurd.

Complaining that a politician "flip flops" is also absurd. They all do. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Obsessing about what her "policy positions" are separate from Biden at this time is absurd.

Not all at. You want to know their character and principles. The most successful leaders don't flip flop. A person of principles stands their ground. FF indicates weakness, no convictions - the worst leaders do this. 

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:40 PM, candide said:

Right. It's not like the current VP had been Attorney General of the fifth world's economy, and also a Senator involved in key committees,

Oh wait!

Thanks for the info, I'm not involved in politics, so I don't know, but whenever I see her in action I always have the impression that she must have been a circus clown in a previous occupation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Abraham Lincoln was “a man of profound feeling, just and firm principles, and incorruptible integrity,” wrote Civil War general and politician Carl Schurz.

And I am just as sure there are others with opposite opinions!

What specific point in relation to the OP are you trying to make?

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Not all at. You want to know their character and principles. The most successful leaders don't flip flop. A person of principles stands their ground. FF indicates weakness, no convictions - the worst leaders do this. 

elite new yorkers are notorious anti abortionists.

but seriously can you name something that you think kamala would do that is transgressive for you?

just one example will do

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Also depends on reality. At 82, there is a very significant chance that Biden would not survive his second term. Especially given the stresses of the job and his underlying health conditions. That means President Harris for the remaining time.  And that is scary. 

Ok I will bite just what frightens you about VP Harris is it cause she’s a woman?or she’s of color?perhaps it’s her education or perhaps because she’s a lawyer maybe her service as a United States senator?must be because she was the AG for California?the 5th largest economy on the planet personally I think if called to serve she will be just fine and the women folk will be delighted 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ok I will bite just what frightens you about VP Harris is it cause she’s a woman?or she’s of color?perhaps it’s her education or perhaps because she’s a lawyer maybe her service as a United States senator?must be because she was the AG for California?the 5th largest economy on the planet personally I think if called to serve she will be just fine and the women folk will be delighted 

Of course you would jump immediately to accusations of racism and sexism. No surprise there. No evidence either.

I would say that, first, she was roundly rejected by her own party in 2020. She is also immature and shallow. She has never been seriously tested in any sphere- always wrapped in the warm bubble of safe Democratic politics. She has failed at every task given as VP.  Her own staff has deserted her in droves.

Enough for now?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Of course you would jump immediately to accusations of racism and sexism. No surprise there. No evidence either.

I would say that, first, she was roundly rejected by her own party in 2020. She is also immature and shallow. She has never been seriously tested in any sphere- always wrapped in the warm bubble of safe Democratic politics. She has failed at every task given as VP.  Her own staff has deserted her in droves.

Enough for now?

I think breaking 29 Ties in the Senate is an achievement, though I accept those enamored with the idea of government crippled by Republican intransigence might disagree.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/TieVotes.htm

16 hours ago, youngexpat said:

elite new yorkers are notorious anti abortionists.

but seriously can you name something that you think kamala would do that is transgressive for you?

just one example will do

He will mention the words "border" and "failure" despite recent declines in border crossings.

https://www.voanews.com/a/fewer-venezuelan-arrivals-lead-to-drop-in-illegal-entries-to-us/7097877.html

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He will mention the words "border" and "failure" despite recent declines in border crossings.

https://www.voanews.com/a/fewer-venezuelan-arrivals-lead-to-drop-in-illegal-entries-to-us/7097877.html

Very misleading and short sighted.  The actual numbers under the current administration dwarf the previous.

2020 crossings- 458,000

2021 crossings- 1,700,000

2022 crossings- 2,350,000

2023 crossings- 1,400,000 year to date only. 

The VAST majority are single adults, so the meme of 'families and mothers with kids escaping tyranny' is debunked.

...and who was in charge of the border again?  

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think breaking 29 Ties in the Senate is an achievement, though I accept those enamored with the idea of government crippled by Republican intransigence might disagree.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/TieVotes.htm

If voting your party line is an achievement, then Josh Hawley must be a star too. 

Any actual achievements of madame Vice President to crow about?

• Like 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

If voting your party line is an achievement, then Josh Hawley must be a star too. 

Any actual achievements of madame Vice President to crow about?

Being the other half of the election partnership that decisively defeated Trump at the ballot box.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Very misleading and short sighted.  The actual numbers under the current administration dwarf the previous.

2020 crossings- 458,000

2021 crossings- 1,700,000

2022 crossings- 2,350,000

2023 crossings- 1,400,000 year to date only. 

The VAST majority are single adults, so the meme of 'families and mothers with kids escaping tyranny' is debunked.

...and who was in charge of the border again?  

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

That link is for encounters not just crossings

Encounters encompass two distinct kinds of events: apprehensions, in which migrants are taken into custody in the United States – at least temporarily – to await adjudication, and expulsions, in which migrants are immediately expelled to their home country or last country of transit without being held in U.S. custody.

Edited by Bkk Brian