Protential Free TV streaming app.

worgeordie

Just tried it and works OK , for me , has a decent amount of channels , 

had my UK VPN on when I contacted it, maybe US VPN would be better

would not connect without VPN ,  the name  the tvapp  just Google it.

Can use on PC and Android ,  

regards worgeordie

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 12:57 PM, recom273 said:

After years of using services, such as google, dropbox, online cloud storage for your CCTV .. it amazes me that people still want to trust "free" pirate TV streaming apps.

An alarming number of the free VPN services and free ad-blockers are owned and controlled by Chinese companies. Traditionally, the video streamers are Russian, due to lack of IP enforcement. There is no such thing as a free lunch, these services exist for a reason. Some are more clandestine and invasive than others, some are just mining your online habits, others you give access to your home network, the same network you are doing your financial management with.

There are safer ways to get your viewing content, although I dont use it, KODI has a plug-in that streams torrent content, that seems quite popular with AN users. 

I don't particularly care either how people manage their online security, maybe im a little more concerned than others, but users should be aware, free isn't always free.

I have been using FREE , movies , series , sites for years now , and have yet to 

get a virus , or any other bad thing happen to me , I scan my PC's regularly with

3 different scanners and they find nothing , I would not use a free VPN though,

Regards Worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2023 at 6:57 AM, recom273 said:

After years of using services, such as google, dropbox, online cloud storage for your CCTV .. it amazes me that people still want to trust "free" pirate TV streaming apps.

An alarming number of the free VPN services and free ad-blockers are owned and controlled by Chinese companies. Traditionally, the video streamers are Russian, due to lack of IP enforcement. There is no such thing as a free lunch, these services exist for a reason. Some are more clandestine and invasive than others, some are just mining your online habits, others you give access to your home network, the same network you are doing your financial management with.

There are safer ways to get your viewing content, although I dont use it, KODI has a plug-in that streams torrent content, that seems quite popular with AN users. 

I don't particularly care either how people manage their online security, maybe im a little more concerned than others, but users should be aware, free isn't always free.

I suppose you trust Google and the US.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I have been using FREE , movies , series , sites for years now , and have yet to 

get a virus , or any other bad thing happen to me , I scan my PC's regularly with

3 different scanners and they find nothing , I would not use a free VPN though,

Regards Worgeordie

I didn’t mention virus. You give these apps permissions when you install them. 

Like I said, I don’t particularly care what you do but users should be aware that these sites are there for a purpose, they aren’t community based or open source, they are collecting your data which they sell onward. Some just your location, your computer, your data but others are more nefarious because you give them access to your network when you install. I hope you understand.

6 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I suppose you trust Google and the US.

Absolutely not - I wouldn’t say I would try to avoid using all these services, if I went to extremes then i would go crazy, but I try to be aware and find alternatives if I can. 

I mentioned Russia and China as culprits, I neglected to mention the US but assumed people know that google and Dropbox are US companies all doing the same.

Again, in this case, servers and bandwidth are not free, they need to be paid for - users should just ask themselves how? by whom and why? 

Some of you have the wrong idea about this free TV that is being talked about. This  "TheTVApp" is a web site not an "app" that is installed into your system. You can use any browser to view the free TV channels presented. There is no registering or any communication with the supplier of  the content. The web site works with or without a VPN.  I see this as no more risky than any other website I visit in my day to day use of the internet. I have all the needed virus and malware protection and browser protection. I have tried it with my ad blocker on and off. There are no ads seen on the web pages. Yes, I do question how anyone can offer this for free. It does seem impossible in the world of the internet today, so, how are they doing it? If anyone knows I would like to know. But in the meantime I will watch the site. The website is very plain and basic and there is no info on who they are or any other info so finding out who and where is for the experts to find out not me.

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

I didn’t mention virus. You give these apps permissions when you install them. 

Like I said, I don’t particularly care what you do but users should be aware that these sites are there for a purpose, they aren’t community based or open source, they are collecting your data which they sell onward. Some just your location, your computer, your data but others are more nefarious because you give them access to your network when you install. I hope you understand.

I never register at any streaming sites I use , except BBC iPlayer, ITVX , SBS Oz TV, 

I would never use a streaming site where I have to register ,the sites are just kept in my speed dial

on my browser , all are https , not only do I stream from many sites, I download Magazines for free,

download, scan , open, save  they always come up virus free, viruses ,bots, are all I worry about,

and have not had one since my daughter was 11 years old ,and brought a thumb drive she had

put in the schools computer , I told her don't put it in our PC till I scan it, but she did it anyway and

had about 3 different virus ,bots , she is now 32 ........

They can sell as much of my data as they want ,nothing of interest to anyone , "Legit" sites

are all doing the same all the social medias ,Google ,Amazon , Microsoft , maybe Aseannow 

I would rather use FREE , than TRUE , no adds , can watch what I want , when I want , no repeats,

regards Worgeordie

@longball53098 The post title is for an app .. I may have been mislead on this point, I didn’t even check, my comment was general because it’s not uncommon for well meaning contributors to a post an app for a android box, free VPN or a website with video content on AN.

The websites are not the same as sbs, iplayer or whatever streaming service people use. I just think  as time goes on, data mining becomes more sophisticated and we increasing don’t really understand the need or the methods - the more we should be aware of “free”

websites, without wishing to patronize, maybe this is more relevant to less tech-savy members who would blindly grant  systemwide permissions because a friend recommended this app to get …

There is no such thing as a free lunch, and if you aren’t paying for the product, you are the product. 

Anyway, I’m off to fill some sandbags and fold another tin foil hat. Anyone else is free to do what they want. 

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1

Use this website or not it's always your choice. As the ladies here say, "Up to you" I use the site as I am a Yank that enjoys the USA TV programming and there are several channels here that I like to watch from time to time.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:04 PM, scubascuba3 said:

only American channels it seems, of which only golfchannel might be useful to me

Thanks for pointing that out. Been looking for a free way to watch that on my laptop. I had been resigned to carrying on with Sophon cable. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, topt said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Been looking for a free way to watch that on my laptop. I had been resigned to carrying on with Sophon cable. :thumbsup:

golf channel and skysports also good on these apps

rapidstreamz

Live net tv

tvmob pro

• Thanks 1